Boom 28 Holly

Old 11-24-2022, 05:16 AM

MJP, all three of your appliqué blocks are awesome. Love my block, thank you
Old 11-24-2022, 10:25 AM

Happy Thanksgiving, Boomers! Hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends.
Old 11-25-2022, 07:47 AM

Jayne, thank you for my block. I love all the colors!
Old 11-25-2022, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lstew2212

Ibex, I found the cutest fabric with little girl scientist all over it. I hope you like it. I am going to send the remaining piece to you, hope you can use it.
Lstew! I totally missed your post. What a joy to run into it as I was rereading the posts. This scientist block looks great! The blue picks up those scientists working their magic perfectly! Thank you!!
Old 11-27-2022, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas
These two blocks are for IBEX. I always love making blocks for IBEX. She always sends us fun directions and gives us free reign on what we do. I did some thread painting in these blocks. I really had fun with the monkeys in the binoculars. My DH drew the pictures for these, originally, for FMQ on a pandemic quilt in my UFO pile.

Anyone having trouble with making their blocks 12 1/2” should consider doing some appliqués blocks. It’s easier getting them the right size.
Monkeys in the binoculars!!!!!!! That's awesome, great job.
Old 11-27-2022, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

Here are some pics to share of our Memphis Thanksgiving.
Attached Thumbnails img_2982.jpg   img_2983.jpg   img_4686.jpeg  
Old 11-28-2022, 07:36 AM

Looks like a great holiday, sewbizgirl! Spending time with grands is too much fun, right?

Kassaundra -- Good to see you! Those monkeys are fabulous, I agree. I hope they are appliqued in there because if it is part of the threadart software mjpEncintas was talking about, I will never be able to have fun like that on my blocks.

Okay, I need a software recommendation from ya'll. How do you add text to your pictures? Thank you in advance.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94
Looks like a great holiday, sewbizgirl! Spending time with grands is too much fun, right?

Kassaundra -- Good to see you! Those monkeys are fabulous, I agree. I hope they are appliqued in there because if it is part of the threadart software mjpEncintas was talking about, I will never be able to have fun like that on my blocks.

Okay, I need a software recommendation from ya'll. How do you add text to your pictures? Thank you in advance.
You can use the iPhone to do it, right in the "photos" app. If you go to the photo, select your photo, then click "edit," then the little pen on the top right is the markup tool, tap that markup tool, then there is a plus + icon at the bottom, you tap the plus, you get a pop up menu that has "text" box option, touch that, move the text box to the area on the photo you want the label, touch the text box, choose "edit" from the menu, then you get to type in whatever you want into the box, you can also edit the color of the text and click done to get out of the markup tool, and click done again to save everything. I don't have an android so I can't comment on an android. Hugs!
Old 11-28-2022, 08:15 AM

Adorable pictures SBG!
Old 11-28-2022, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

Thanks!

Ibex, I always use Paint on my computer to add text.