Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 29 Robins (sign ups closed) >
  • Boom 29 Robins (sign ups closed)

• Boom 29 Robins (sign ups closed)

Old 04-15-2023, 04:00 AM

Good morning, Robins. Just a check in post. I've been up to my eyeballs in everything except piecing. Mostly, I'm helping a friend whose husband is very ill. I make myself available to her at all hours and it's rough but overall, just plain sad. I have no enthusiasm for sewing right now. I hope to get a couple of hours this weekend to put at least one block together though. Might help to do something normal. I am managing to keep up with the gallery so that way I get to see everyone's terrific blocks.

Hope you all have a good weekend.
    Old 04-15-2023, 04:58 AM

Good morning all, we are back in Minnesota and semi unpacked. Like Sewbiz I am so ready to start making blocks but it will take a bit for my back to settle down after that much sitting in the car.

Sewbiz glad you dh was able to drive himself to the hospital and he is on the road to recovery

Janice I am so sorry you are going through such a difficult time with your friends dh. Friends like you are hard to find these days

Mona thank you for the lovely block and thank you Cheesehead for my block the yellow you chose really makes the block pop
    Old 04-15-2023, 06:22 AM
    Power Poster

Janice, you sound like a very good friend. The situation sounds sad, indeed.
    I'm glad we have enough time to do these blocks because so many things get in our way, right?
    I haven't sewn in 2 days. We're starting our outside stuff and I'm pooped by evening! I honestly get cranky when I can't sew.

We have a paper piece champ here! My goodness, Hav, your blocks are fabulous! I really don't like PP at all. The doing, not the receiving haha!

SBG- Card tricks has always been one of my favorite blocks and I DID think of doing it but then got sidetracked by another one. So I'm glad now! Yours is great. Continued good luck to your hubby. My husband didn't have a heart attack but he did have a quadruple bypass because his heart cath was a mess. His brother had a heart attack and then the bypasses and he's six years younger. I worry about mine because he has diabetes as well. Being a nurse my radar is always up but he knows what he needs to do and my nagging wouldn't help anything. Ughhhhhhh
    So......... I'm eternally glad I have quilting to keep myself out of his business LOL

I hope you all have a good weekend.

Last edited by SusieQOH; 04-15-2023 at 06:26 AM.
    Old 04-15-2023, 08:46 AM

Here is one for Rebaquilts.
    I've been enjoying the record-breaking warm weather (high 80's) the last few days but now that it's cold and raining this weekend I should be able to get some blocks done.
    Going to quilting at church today for a couple hours and then will start working on blocks again.
    Attached Thumbnails rebaquilts.jpg  
    Old 04-15-2023, 08:54 AM

Janice - what a blessing you are to your friend during this difficult time.
    Terriamn - glad you made it home safely.
    Hav - I know I've said it many times, I have a love hate relationship with PP. I love how they look when they are done but I really don't like making them, so I tend to do simple patterns. Your PP is outstanding.
    Old 04-15-2023, 09:07 AM
    Power Poster

I made one for Duckling last night. Love the colors and fabric! Hope you like it, Duck.
    Attached Thumbnails img_3369.jpg  
    Old 04-15-2023, 09:43 AM

This morning I finished a kitty block for Hav4.
    Attached Thumbnails img_0180.jpg  
    Old 04-15-2023, 10:03 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mona G
    Here is one for Rebaquilts.
    I've been enjoying the record-breaking warm weather (high 80's) the last few days but now that it's cold and raining this weekend I should be able to get some blocks done.
    Going to quilting at church today for a couple hours and then will start working on blocks again.
    I'm confused!
    I don't recall any of these fabrics being sent to me. Can anyone comment? TKS
    Block is great, Mona!
    Old 04-15-2023, 10:38 AM

Hers my last batik blocks for Logcabin. Hope you like it.

My son came in, looked at the block, and said, "Looks like seaweed, fish scales, and bubbles." I told him that works.
    Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1681583740670.jpg  
    Old 04-15-2023, 10:48 AM

I’m home and sewing! Someone else is helping out my friend today. And then another person is going to be staying with her and DH until the middle of next week so she’ll have more help than usual. An illness such as this takes many hands.

Below are my blocks for Hav4boys and Cheesehead. Ladies, I hope you like them.
    Attached Thumbnails img_3899.jpeg   img_3901.jpeg