Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 11-09-2023, 04:03 AM

Good morning, Boomers. Duckling, you are on a roll with your blocks! Nice.
Old 11-09-2023, 04:33 AM

Duckling fun blocks !

Cheese we don’t head home till the first week of December and I’m already hating the thought of the drive.

Our park puts on a traditional Thanksgiving meal that last year was very nice. Four of us live in this park and the other 4 live in our old park and they want to try their park’s Thanksgiving. So that is where we will be. That park supplies the turkey and gravey and the rest is bring a dish to share. Have never had a potluck Thanksgiving. Hubby and I are not thrilled but willing to give it a try. We have a small turkey at home in the freezer and we can have a traditional Thanksgiving meal when we go home.
Old 11-09-2023, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

I might have missed it somewhere but Janice how is Cyrano doing? Quilters, I love all the blocks posted. Some I had never seen and I made a mental note with next swap to go through out group pictures for ideas. They are all gorgeous.
Old 11-09-2023, 09:32 AM

AQ, Cyrano is not doing well. He’s only eating a few teaspoons of moist food daily. If he doesn’t eat better soon, we’ll have to euthanize him, as much as that breaks my heart. He seems to want to eat but hates his prescription diet. When he eats anything else, even a morsel, he just vomits it back up. He’s got food allergies, asthma, stage 2 liver disease and the list goes on. We’re fighting a losing battle I’m afraid.

Pretty sad around here right now.
Originally Posted by Annaquilts
I might have missed it somewhere but Janice how is Cyrano doing? Quilters, I love all the blocks posted. Some I had never seen and I made a mental note with next swap to go through out group pictures for ideas. They are all gorgeous.
Old 11-09-2023, 10:20 AM
Power Poster

So sorry to hear Janice. As you know I have 4 small doggies and the oldest, Nina, is 13 1/2 yrs old. For the last 2 years she has been on the brink multiple times and had one surgery. Then after 3 days of not eating, drinking and just laying in her cat bed, she suddenly makes a miraculous recovery. She is about 7 to 8 lbs and very skinny. I know one day she will not recover but I am not ready. Just thinking about it makes me cry already. Animals mean a lot and sometimes I even call them and refer to them as people or children.
Old 11-09-2023, 03:20 PM

AnnaQ , (((hugs))). I know how you feel.

Surprising news. Usps is raising rates for holiday shipping despite saying the rates wouldn’t go up earlier this year. I’ll do a deep dive on rates soon but I understand flat rate shipping is going up 6% temporarily. Bummer.
Old 11-09-2023, 04:10 PM

Oops, I forgot to say earlier that Reba’s package arrived today. I expected it on the 13th and was surprised to see it placed by my door. Woo hoo!

All2pieces - 1 set
AnnaQuilts -2 sets

Cheesehead - 1 set
Duckling - 1 set
Janice McC - 1 set
Hav4boys - 2 sets
Libster - 1 set
LogCabin82 - 1 set
Lstew2212 - 1 set
Rebaquilts – 2 sets

Sewbizgirl – 1 set
SusieQOH – 1 set
Terriamn – 1 set
TravelingGramma - 1 set
WMUTeach - 1 set
Old 11-10-2023, 07:31 AM

Terriamn - we have been to numerous potluck Thanksgiving meals. one park had each table make that table sides - and a few actually had ethnic themes. Always nice if there is someone in charge so there is a variety of sides - perhaps you could contact. We too always have an extra turkey in freezer - love making soup and pot pies and turkey sandwiches!

I do not like to see someone eating alone - so I have a habit of inviting anyone to our table. DH used to tease saying people would need to start bring their own chair!

May all your kitties be healthy and happy this season.
Old 11-10-2023, 08:49 AM

TG, you are very kind and show the true spirit of the holidays, inviting otherwise single people to join you. Terriamn and Tg, your community meals sound like a treat to me! A lot of people getting together. Wonderful.

Another pkg due in today. I think it’s Lstew’s.

Going for new cat food this afternoon to see if Cyrano will eat it. Uggg. He’s hungry now, just miserable about his food choices. Of all the times to be picky!
Old 11-10-2023, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Duckling
Here are a few more blocks for Annaquilts-Selah, All2pieces-2, Cheesehead. And to lighten the load for kitty lovers, a picture of my new sewing machine lint brush!

That is a cute sewing machine lint brush!