Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 11-14-2023, 10:49 PM
Power Poster

Duckling, I love that block you made for me! I've never seen it before. Thank you so much.

Your froggy block is a lot of fun, too.
Old 11-15-2023, 03:06 AM

Ducking, love your block for SBG. I’ve also not seen it before.

DH and I usually take advantage of the low prices on turkeys this time of year and buy two. We cook one for the family and save the other for a day when we just want to enjoy it without the hustle and bustle of a holiday. Not much smells better than a roasting turkey. Hope you enjoyed your meal and the leftovers.

SBG, Cyrano doesn’t have anything in his nose but he seems to inhale his wet food and that triggers his sneezing. It’s odd. He’s never cared for canned. He’s finally become accustomed to it but eating it is a challenge. Lol.

I’ve been immersed in my sewing and I completely forgot to add the new blocks. Will do so today.
Old 11-15-2023, 07:55 AM

Hi all, Just a quick check in, thanks for my block, it is wonderful. I am in the process of putting together my row round robin quilt from a year or 2 ago for my child Dylan, she asked me to make her a few other blocks one of which included an embroidered "Love You Forever." They are very particular about things so they are laying out the blocks and taking a photo so I can get the layout right. I will then be putting together the star wars blocks and getting both to my LAQ this weekend. I also finished another project, a Fig Tree BOM that I found on ebay. The maker had done 6 months of the blocks but got caught off guard with one of the blocks and time and effort resulted in a UFO. I happily took it off her hands, took my time to correct the mistakes (some of which were actually attributable to the pattern) and finished, I modified the pattern slightly to take into account the mistakes and one fix that I wanted to add. Here are photos for your viewing pleasure. We have been talking kitties, I am sad to say that Aruru unexpectedly passed away last week of a sudden heart attack due to a thyroid issue. My friend is comforted by the beautiful round robin quilt we made for her here in this board. My child's kitty recovered and is doing fine. Go figure. One that had no issues gone, the other that has had issues for years is doing well. Such is life. Hugs all!
Attached Thumbnails img_6709.jpg   img_6707.jpg   img_6708.jpg   1699746388766634.jpg  
Old 11-15-2023, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Duckling
Well today was productive for me but my cats just slept the whole day. I feel like joining them and it's only 8pm! I stuffed and cooked my 13lb turkey that I got at Meijers for 49 cents a pound! Since I live alone and dont always get asked anywhere I wanted to take advantage of the cheap price on meat. I cut and finished 2 more blocks - Sewbiz girl and Logcabin82. Two more to go and they should be out the door tomorrow if I can make the postal time. I saved the hardest ones for last - well most challenging material patterns and designs. But I like it because it gets those creative juices really going!
Thanks for my froggy block, Duckling! Super cute!
Old 11-15-2023, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

Good morning, All! Janice, good idea buying two turkeys while they are cheap.
Reba, beautiful quilt! Is Aruru the white kitty in your avatar, or the darker kitty seen helping you arrange your blocks? In either case, I'm so sorry you have lost a beloved pet. They are beautiful cats.
Old 11-15-2023, 12:24 PM

Glad you liked the pattern Sewbiz. I modified an 8in square block that reminded me of the friendship block pattern. It was intertwined as a quilt so I changed up the color to make it look like that. I'll have to see if I have the original. I remember looking through books and online then hand scratching it out so......
Janice I am all done and am headed off to mail the package of finished blocks. So here's the second block pictures for Annaquilt-Eden and Rebaquilts. I was kind of overwhelmed by dragons and lots of text so you gals were my creative challenges.
I'll post the tracking number for the package when I get back.
Attached Thumbnails annaquilts-eden.jpg   rebaquilts-2.jpg  
Old 11-16-2023, 02:57 AM

Good morning, Boomers. Looks like two more packages are on their way One is All2pieces’ and the other is Duckling’s. Woo hoo! We’re in great shape to finish on time, possibly early. We’ll see!

Today we’ll be babysitting our youngest granddaughter. I wonder what she’ll have in store for us. She’s such a joy!

Reba, your BOM you rescued is beautiful!

Have a pleasant day.

Last edited by Janice McC; 11-16-2023 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-16-2023, 05:59 AM

Talking

So Aruru is my girlfriend's cat, the one that was featured in the round robin quilt that we did a year or 2 ago. The center was a white mid-century modern cat, and the ask was purple, black/gray and white. Her cat was extremely bonded to her, and she is brokenhearted. The cat wasn't that old, and it was totally out of the blue. So sad. She is very much comforted by that round robin quilt. Hugs all.
Old 11-16-2023, 08:56 AM

Reba gorgeous quilt and sorry about your friend’s kitty.

Duckling great finish!

Had an experience I can laugh about now. I washed a load of darks that I had separated out the night before. When I opened the washer t(e clothes were completely covered in shredded paper. I mean completely and thickly covered. Not panicked yet, just thought rewash them. To make a long story short we found our we were missing our Texan monthly news paper so that fell into my basket somehow and to get rid of the lint I had to wash and dry each item separately to get the lint off. Everything but my black knit shorts ended up being ok. What a mess!
Old 11-16-2023, 10:45 AM

Lol, Terriamn! But I bet it wasn’t too funny at the time, all that extra work. My mother used to stuff tissues in her pockets and sleeves of every article of clothing she wore. I learned quickly to do a search before dumping the load of clothes in. Cannot tell you the number of times I missed some and I’d be picking shreds from the wet laundry.
Originally Posted by terriamn
Reba gorgeous quilt and sorry about your friend’s kitty.

Duckling great finish!

Had an experience I can laugh about now. I washed a load of darks that I had separated out the night before. When I opened the washer t(e clothes were completely covered in shredded paper. I mean completely and thickly covered. Not panicked yet, just thought rewash them. To make a long story short we found our we were missing our Texan monthly news paper so that fell into my basket somehow and to get rid of the lint I had to wash and dry each item separately to get the lint off. Everything but my black knit shorts ended up being ok. What a mess!