Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 12-19-2023, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

Hi MJPE! Hope you will be back to Boom with us next time. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-23-2023, 02:48 PM

Well, I’m “this close” to getting my blocks done for my Bonnie Hunter quilt. I need another couple of days. I hope to have the top done by NYE but that may be wishful thinking. Tomorrow night we’re going to see Christmas Lights at the Arboretum. I wonder if we’re the only crazy folks going on Christmas Eve or if it will be packed. We’ll see.

This is probably my last post for the next few days. Wishing everyone who celebrates a joyous holiday. Be safe and enjoy whatever you have planned! Hugs to all!
Old 12-23-2023, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

I'm with my family in Memphis now too... with so much festivity going on! So I'll wish you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! now. Hope you are all happy and healthy and with loved ones.
Old 12-24-2023, 05:54 AM

Family will be arriving today for us.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate.
Old 12-26-2023, 12:34 PM

Hope everyone is safe and sound after the gatherings. I went to church in morning and spend rest of day and evening cooking and baking. Brought it all over to daughters place on Christmas. Her hubby made the roast beef. She still has her leg up since her surgery on the 5th. Relaxed day watching everyone open gifts and zooming rest of family.
I have a few days to myself so got out the machine and finished sashing the blocks. I am amazed at each block. The PP were do well done. The piecing on the rest were perfect. Love looking and learning how you press the seams too! Had realized there were non appliqué or embroidery for me this time!
will show progress when I get them placed out.
Old 12-26-2023, 01:57 PM
Power Poster

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I got a serious bout of food poisoning, which wasn't fun. Still dragging today, but the fam is coming back over for leftovers tonight. There was so much food yesterday, and I wasn't able to eat any of it.... maybe today.

TG, cant wait to see your block layout!
Old 12-26-2023, 03:06 PM

Good evening. SBG, I’m sorry to hear you were hit with food poisoning. So miserable. Glad you’re working out of it. Hope you get to partake of those leftovers. TG, I’m happy you like your blocks. I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

We had a chaotic morning yesterday with the grands. So many gifts from family and friends! They loved opening packages and there was wrapping paper everywhere. lol. We had brunch afterwards and then headed home by noon. It was much quieter the rest of the day which was absolutely fine with me. Lots of rain so it was good to be home. I spent a little time on my quilt top. Still shooting for a NYE top finish.

Have a pleasant evening.

Old 12-27-2023, 03:39 PM

Sewbiz, how horrible to get food poisoning. So sorry. I was pretty paranoid baking cookies. I was constantly washing my hands so far no one has had any problems. Middle dd is still fighting RSV. She had about 3 bites of food. It’s been 10 days now and she still isn’t doing well

We are heading back to Texas tomorrow morning, will drive 12 hours or so the first night to Guthrie Oklahoma, spend the night and the next day only drive about 6 hours to Marble Falls in the Hill Country of Texas and be tourists for the rest of the day. Next day it should only be a 6 or 7 hour drive to our house. When hubby suggested this idea I was shocked but very happy. He’d be happy if I drove all day and he would drive all night stopping only for gas. Yeah yeah yeah on being a tourist

Hope life is calming down for everyone.have a good week
Old 12-27-2023, 04:49 PM

Terriamn, good grief, all that driving! I know you’ll be glad to be back in TX but it sounds like a rough trip. I hope it goes as easy for you and hubby as it can. I hope your DD recovers soon from RSV. It’s been a long time already.

I finished my gazillion blocks but now I’ve got to put them together! I only realized today that I'm going to have to do a lot of re-pressing of seams so they’ll nest properly. Ugh. It took the wind from my sails. Oh well, I’ve come this far. Pic of all the blocks stuck on my design wall is below. They’re wonky but they’re all there!
Attached Thumbnails img_4954.jpeg  

Last edited by Janice McC; 12-27-2023 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-27-2023, 06:52 PM

Woozers! What a quilt!! It seems like a long time in the making but oh, so worth it. Plans for quilting it? I am anxious to return to my sewing room. Tomorrow is the day, (fingers crossed.) It has been about three weeks since doing any quilting at all. Boom blocks are on the design wall but just in the lay out stage. Thinking it will be a quilt of valor for the father of a friend of my son. We will see. My random UFOs are calling out to me and and as per usual it is time to take a look forward to what needs to be on my new year "To Do List" UFO's, 2.5" quilts and a few others that I have committed to working on for others.

I had Christmas with my son and DIL to night. What a joy to spend time with them and to chat away the hours about everything and nothing over dinner and dessert. Time together is so precious. They have just started for home which is about an hour and a half away, and I will be soon be shuffling off to a night of sweet dreams and rest.