Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 09-14-2023, 01:04 PM

Love those stars, Terri and Cheese. Everybody is making such pretty blocks!

This is my last one for today. It's for WMUTeach I hope it's what you had in mind.
Attached Thumbnails 20230914_162204-wmuteach-1-2-.jpg  
Old 09-14-2023, 03:32 PM

Stars and pinwheels! Love each and every one. So much detail in fabric choices and points! Great work.
took a break to make tissue holders for a women’s conference coming up. And a set of fabric boxes for a fundraiser.
our motorhome is finally fixed (since June) and we are going to Long Island NY to get it, spending a week visiting family.
Can’t wait to have my stash back!!
Old 09-14-2023, 03:47 PM
Power Poster

Very pretty blocks today, everyone. Each one is a treat to behold.

Terri, yes I do love the block you made for me! Thank you so much! Getting excited about this quilt.

TG, yay for your motorhome being fixed! You keep your stash in it? How fun to be able to take it with you, wherever you go.
Old 09-15-2023, 02:11 AM

Oh, Cheese, this block is gorgeous! Nothing says “quilt” more to me than star blocks! Thank you.
Originally Posted by Cheesehead
I love seeing all of the beautiful blocks everyone is making! This "Rising Star" block is for Janice.
Old 09-15-2023, 03:37 AM

Stopped in for a quick peak and I love the stars made with my fabrics! Stars are so traditional. Perfect but certainly not required.

The AQS quilt show was astounding and oh so far beyond my skill level. Not a downer or discouraging but much like a trip to an art museum or gallery. So many art quilts and pieces with exquisite details and 3D features. I was surprised at the large number of quilts sprinkled heavily with crystals, "bedazzling". The first was interesting and 15th was....not so impressive. The quilts from Japan were also astounding with minute and precise hand quilting that must have taken years and years to accomplish. So many examples of highly skilled quilt design and executions in all of the quilt. Yesterday was my first visit to this quilt event, so I am quite overwhelmed with what can be created with thread and fabric. I go to shows but only local or regional shows. This was a HUGE step up from even the best local or regional shows.

Last quilt show thought.... I did see the horse and girl wall quilt made by one of our Quilting Board members, Watson. Now I understand her excitement at being chosen to be part of a show of this level. Her quilt was indeed a unique piece of detailed work.

Now off to Indianapolis to visit my daughter and to help her settle in to her new apartment and to help her sort and organize an over abundance of "stuff". I am starting to feel the effects of sewing machine withdrawal. Monday, maybe Monday. Many blocks to make, tops to quilt and projects to finish. Ah, the life of a quilter. Have a wonderful jelly roll weekend.
Old 09-15-2023, 06:17 AM

I was there at DeVos for the AQS show as well on Wednesday. The bedazzled quilts were interesting just not my cup of tea. I loved the day of the dead lady, that was my favorite in the show. Just fantastic. The cherrywood fabric challenge was cool, the theme was graffiti, and it did not disappoint. I took a class called Snowflake feathered star, I am hoping to finish tonight, if I do, I will post it, and then I am going to make 2 blocks of each of the blocks for the boomerang, one for the board and one for the border of my feathered star. A Nautical star will probably be in the mix ;-) It was cool to see my LAQ have some quilts in the show. I didn't buy much, but I did walk away with a pair of purple scissors from Quilter's Select, they were fantastic, as well as a 4 1/2" ruler, which I didn't have but did need for squaring up my boom block sections. Hugs all!
Old 09-15-2023, 06:33 AM

SusieQ, thank you for my lovely block! Sorry I missed it until I was working on the gallery. The others are just as pretty, too. Glad you got to sew.
Originally Posted by SusieQOH
I made 3 blocks today! Now I need to ice that knee.......... can't wait till next year when this knee stuff is behind me!
I had fun today.

The first one has a light aqua background that isn't showing up in the photo.

Left to right- Lstew, All2pieces, Janice.
Old 09-15-2023, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

Janice, your little critters were a joy to sew. I wanted to use as much of that fabric as possible. Glad you like it.
Old 09-15-2023, 11:28 AM

These two are my mornings offering. First one is for LStew2212, second one is for Sewbiz. Hope you like them, Ladies.
Attached Thumbnails 20230915_120805-lstew.jpg   20230915_131151-1-pic-2.jpg  
Old 09-15-2023, 11:56 AM

Libster very pretty blocks

Anna my dragon fabric is dark but hoping the bright orange and green brightens up the block enough for your grand daughter