Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 09-16-2023, 07:19 PM
Power Poster

Love your blocks Janice... especially the first one (for Reba). Is there a name for that block?

TG, love your improv block with the dresdens. Love the star block too. Looks like a fireworks.

I just love opening this thread and finding new blocks!
Old 09-16-2023, 08:47 PM

Here is a block for WMUTeach, hope you like it.

Old 09-17-2023, 02:14 AM

Honestly, I don’t know the name or even where I got it. I just copied a block I’d made eons ago.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Love your blocks Janice... especially the first one (for Reba). Is there a name for that block?
Old 09-17-2023, 02:50 AM

Sewbiz, I just found the name. It’s “Old Favorite” from Around the Block with Judy Hopkins.
Originally Posted by Janice McC
Honestly, I don’t know the name or even where I got it. I just copied a block I’d made eons ago.
Old 09-17-2023, 06:33 AM

TG it is just the opposite here in Minnesota it’s been incredibly dry here, wish mama nature would even out some of that moisture.

Have to sandwich, quilt and bind the baby blanket I am working on for a friend, her first great grandchild will be born in October so now rush I thought. Today I get an email asking if by chance it will be done for the shower this week. Yikes! Everything else will be raking a back burner to the blanket. Hubby added side extensions to my sit down long arm, I am anxious to try it out.

Have a great day
Old 09-17-2023, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

This is for SewbizGirl. It's called Dublin Steps. What lovely fabric to work with.

I only have until early November because they're doing my other knee on Nov 8 and I'll be out of commission for awhile again. So nice to spend some time in my sewing room now!
Attached Thumbnails img_7615.jpg  

Last edited by SusieQOH; 09-17-2023 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-17-2023, 10:45 AM

SusieQOH, here’s a Goshen Star for you. I used batiks with your fabric. I love the way it turned out. Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails img_4433.jpeg  
Old 09-17-2023, 10:52 AM

Just had a duh moment. I opened Susie fabric and realized how the beautiful medallion was made!!
Susie- your fabric is now on my wall. It’s beautiful as it us. Glad to hear you will have other knee done so you can enjoy the holidays.
Old 09-17-2023, 10:59 AM
Power Poster

Janice, I love it!!! Wow! I don't believe I've seen that block and I love it. Thank you so much!
travelinggramma- I have a weakness for Kaffe Fassett fabrics. And I love the recent blocks you posted for the others. I think I forgot to mention it. All the blocks are so wonderful!
Yes, I'm excited to get the knee stuff behind me. I've heard nothing but good things from other people who had them done. They were really starting to impact my activities and I wasn't okay with that.
Old 09-17-2023, 12:00 PM

Here’s my final one today for Terriamn. I enjoyed making this one a lot but it went through a couple of incarnations. Hope you like it!
Attached Thumbnails img_4435.jpeg