Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 09-19-2023, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
I almost used the wrong fabric the other day. Frogs - were jumping all over my room. And then I saw this scrap of fabric in my bin and was so excited as I thought they were frogs jumping! when ironed it realized - nope!!
LogCabin - I was laughing and had so much fun with your fabrics!
That material mistaken for frogs gave me a laugh too! Can't wait to look in my stash because I think I have some frogs too!
Old 09-19-2023, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Lstew2212
I made three blocks yesterday, for All2pieces, rebaquilts and WMUteach. Hope you like them.
Lstew, your nautical block looks like nautical flags blowing in the wind! Reminded me of my old Xerox boss who loved sailing and had tatooed flags that spelled something. Can't quit remember. That was a good idea.
Old 09-19-2023, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead
Christmas blocks for Janice (Grandmother's Favorite), Duckling (Peace and Plenty), and Reba (Double X).
Cheesehead love the block Peace and Plenty, thank you! I have been spending more time looking than sewing today. I bought a book, Stars by Magic - Diamond-Free Stars from Squares and Rectangles, yesterday along with two other books. I'm motivated now to throw a load of clothes in the washing machine then sit down and sew!
Old 09-19-2023, 10:08 AM

Just checking in to say hello. I've had the pleasure of seeing a lot of the beautiful blocks that have been made so far. Everyone does a fantastic job. My eyes are a little worse. It has really put a crimp in my love of quilting and my independence to drive. But I do the best I can.
I hope that everyone who has been having health issues are on the road to recovery.
Sending (((Hugs))) to all.
Old 09-19-2023, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

Love your blocks, Lstew. I also saw boat flags in your block. Pretty clever!

Cheese, love the 3 Christmas blocks.

Duckling, Angle Play rulers are plexiglas templates that help you get perfect half rectangle triangles. They are fun and come with a block design book that shows lots of suggestions on what you can make with them. I bought them from "Offthewallquilt.com".

I'm packing up today for a sidewalk sale in Memphis Thurs-Sat, at the place where my daughter has her two vignettes. Because I sew for them (pillows and baby quilts), they invited me to participate in the sidewalk sale. So off I go... Hoo boy, I hope I have the stamina for this. The surgery I had really took the energy out of me. Wish me luck! I have lots of stuff to sell.
Old 09-19-2023, 11:07 AM

Klaws, good to hear from you. ((((((Hugs)))))) right back at ya' !

Let me clarify my abbreviations on my instructions just in case someone hasn't seen them before. COC means cream on cream and TOT means tone on tone.

Sewbiz, don't overdo it. Take your pain meds with you and stay hydrated.

Terri, I love your fabric. So many gorgeous blocks being made.
Old 09-19-2023, 11:55 AM
Power Poster

Cheese, you made lovely blocks!

Here are 2 more. The left is for Terri- such happy fabric! It's called April Star but I changed the center so I could put a flower in it. The 2 yellows are different but the photo doesn't pick it up.
The right is another one for Hav4boys- Another lovely fabric. This one is called Whirlabout.

Hope you like them.
Attached Thumbnails img_7625.jpg   img_7626.jpg  
Old 09-19-2023, 03:54 PM

TravelingGramma, here’s a block for you. Hope you like it! It’s called “By Chance” from Marsha McCloskey’s Block Party. Those are 9 inch blocks so I upsized it.
Attached Thumbnails img_4457.jpeg  
Old 09-19-2023, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
TravelingGramma, here’s a block for you. Hope you like it! It’s called “By Chance” from Marsha McCloskey’s Block Party. Those are 9 inch blocks so I upsized it.
it’s perfect. And I love the added bats. I haven’t seen that fabric! Thank you
Old 09-19-2023, 05:07 PM

Lstew2212, I have a Maple Star for you. Hope you like it! Sorry the pic is crooked and the lighting isn’t the best. The background is not yellow. It’s a gold.

Glad you like it, TG!
Originally Posted by travelinggramma
it’s perfect. And I love the added bats. I haven’t seen that fabric! Thank you
That’s it for me tonight. One more is on the design wall. I hope to get it stitched up tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails img_4459.jpeg  

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-19-2023 at 05:10 PM.