Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 09-19-2023, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

Hey Klaws! Good to hear from you. I'm glad you are able to enjoy the blocks being made. They are awesome, aren't they?

Great blocks, SusieQ. I really like that Whirlabout block.

Janice, nice block choices, too. I really like the baseball block you made. It reminds me a bit of a baseball diamond.

Old 09-19-2023, 05:29 PM

Good to hear from you, Klaws. I agree with you that there have been lots of beautiful blocks posted this swap. It’s probably that way each time but always feels like the current Boom is the best. I’m sorry your eyesight is worsening. Wish I had words of wisdom but all I can offer is a slew of (((hugs))) right back at you. Please keep in touch!
Originally Posted by klaws
Just checking in to say hello. I've had the pleasure of seeing a lot of the beautiful blocks that have been made so far. Everyone does a fantastic job. My eyes are a little worse. It has really put a crimp in my love of quilting and my independence to drive. But I do the best I can.
I hope that everyone who has been having health issues are on the road to recovery.
Sending (((Hugs))) to all.
Old 09-19-2023, 06:49 PM

Here are two from tonight, one for Libster and one for LogCabin82. I realized that the frogs were one way and luckily I only had to rip 3 seams, to fix it and make it all up/down. The block is called water wheel in the Judy Hopkins one more around the block. Hugs!
Attached Thumbnails img_6481.jpeg   img_6480.jpeg  
Old 09-19-2023, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts
Here are two from tonight, one for Libster and one for LogCabin82. I realized that the frogs were one way and luckily I only had to rip 3 seams, to fix it and make it all up/down. The block is called water wheel in the Judy Hopkins one more around the block. Hugs!
what a cool block Reba! Haha! Love how it turned out! Thank you!
Old 09-20-2023, 02:41 AM

Love your waterwheel blocks, Reba. The frogs are adorable. Reminds me of DH trying to fish out 5 large frogs from the pool after a huge rain. They were going in all directions, trying to get away from him. He eventually saved them but it was a show!
Originally Posted by Rebaquilts
Old 09-20-2023, 05:12 AM
Power Poster

Yesterday's blocks are awesome! I'm a baseball nut too. Love those bats!
Old 09-20-2023, 07:23 AM

LogCabin82, here’s your frog block. It’s a Cups and Saucers block. I really enjoyed working with your fabrics!
Attached Thumbnails img_4461.jpeg  
Old 09-20-2023, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
LogCabin82, here’s your frog block. It’s a Cups and Saucers block. I really enjoyed working with your fabrics!

Haha! I love the green you picked for this block! What a fun block!! Thank you! I love it!
Old 09-20-2023, 08:33 AM
Power Poster

Janice, that frog block is adorable!

Here is one for Cheesehead. It's a variation on Cat's Cradle. I love love that kitty fabric! Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails img_7628.jpg  
Old 09-20-2023, 08:38 AM
Power Poster

Janice, we made almost the identical block for Terri! I just looked at it and the only difference is you used some orange in the star blades and I made all of mine yellow! LOL I hope it's okay. I didn't know until this morning when I checked the blocks.