Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 09-23-2023, 11:45 AM
Power Poster

Janice, Ok thanks, I'll let you know. I actually have only 2 more. This has been so much fun.
Old 09-23-2023, 02:28 PM

I stopped and took a look thru the photo gallery; it is spectacular and filled with talent.

I worked on two for Hav4boys. Hope you like them.

Attached Thumbnails hav4boys-1.jpg   hav4boys-2.jpg  
Old 09-23-2023, 02:49 PM

First block is for Sewbiz, Amish Star. Second is for Hav and the third is an updated version of my original block for Reba. I read an article on making modern blocks and it suggested cutting apart your original block, add another color or background color and sew to both parts you cut up. Hope this fits better with your modern blocks.
Attached Thumbnails img_3132.jpeg   img_3135.jpeg   img_3134.jpeg  
Old 09-23-2023, 03:23 PM

Busy Friday night and Saturday morning.... three down and one in progress with an additional block on the cutting mat for tomorrow afternoon.
1. Reba's frosty snow men (the white has fine little sparkles like snow on a sunny day)
2. Janice McC's frosty snow men dressed for cold weather (the white has fine little sparkle threads like snow on a sunny day.
3. Terriamn (First of two using this focus fabric. No sparkles in this block. )

Hope these please and fit in with the other blocks in your collection.
Attached Thumbnails 2023-09-23-rebaquilts.jpg   2023-09-23-janice-mcc.jpg   2023-09-23-terriamn.jpg  

Last edited by WMUTeach; 09-23-2023 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-23-2023, 03:25 PM

Terriamn, Love the Amish Star for SBG. It’s a favorite. Also, Love all those colors you used in Hav’s block. I’ll switch out the pic for Reba.
Originally Posted by terriamn
First block is for Sewbiz, Amish Star. Second is for Hav and the third is an updated version of my original block for Reba. I read an article on making modern blocks and it suggested cutting apart your original block, add another color or background color and sew to both parts you cut up. Hope this fits better with your modern blocks.
Old 09-23-2023, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
WMUTeach - did you want Americana or Patriotic? I though Americana but I might have missed a post. I think my block could go either way - but can always change it.

I do enjoy getting double F8 s - it allows me to use more in one block where a favorite pattern needs it. And pushes me when it is a pattern not in my comfort zone. I must say that I modern is getting easier!!

On Long Island for the week - and already have been to a great Italian restaurant having Eggplant Rollitinni , and Chinese where my family all passes it around so we get variety! one week of eating all the things I can not get anywhere else in the country!
I would like Americana. Thanks for asking.

I just took another look and saw your block for me TG. It fits the Americana theme well. Thank you.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 09-23-2023 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-23-2023, 04:09 PM

WMUTeach, thank you for my terrific Santa Bear block! I love it. 😀
Old 09-24-2023, 03:52 AM

Yes, snow bears for Janice McC not snowmen. I am mumbling something about the mind and the eyes and the fingers not working together. Finished one more block last evening but will wait until I get a couple done before I post. I looks like most of my sewing will be done on the weekends. Teaching on two classes at the university seems to be eating up my weekday time or leaving me in computer over load and a bit of a slug during the my normal sewing time. On the other hand the two classes will help me pay for a kitchen remodel. Hip hip hooray!

Off to church, a potluck and a Zoom with my students this evening. Enjoy this beautiful first Sunday of autumn everyone.
Old 09-24-2023, 08:43 AM

WMUT thank you for the wonderful bright colored block. I do love bright colors
Old 09-24-2023, 09:33 AM

This Pivot Point block is for Hav4.
Attached Thumbnails img_0347.jpg