Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 10-25-2023, 02:01 AM

Good to hear from you LAF. Maybe you’ll join us again in a future boom and we can enjoy your blocks too.
Originally Posted by LAF2019
Good evening ladies. I just browsed through the album for some good eye candy tonight. Beautiful blocks and such fun fabric! Thanks for the distraction tonight. Keep up the awesome work.
Old 10-25-2023, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

Janice, this is Rhododendron Trail. It's big! I had it on my King bed to photograph but couldn't get it all in so I added a section of the border, which is flying geese. My quilter did a great job on it. It's about 100 x 86. I need to get the binding on.
Attached Thumbnails img_7690.jpg   img_7691.jpg   img_7692.jpg  
Old 10-25-2023, 11:08 AM

SusieQ your Rhododendron Trail is gorgeous
Old 10-25-2023, 11:17 AM

SusieQOH, your RT is beautiful! What color binding are you going with?
Originally Posted by SusieQOH
Janice, this is Rhododendron Trail. It's big! I had it on my King bed to photograph but couldn't get it all in so I added a section of the border, which is flying geese. My quilter did a great job on it. It's about 100 x 86. I need to get the binding on.
Old 10-25-2023, 01:19 PM
Power Poster

Thanks, Janice and Terry- I don't know if I made a binding or not. I sometimes do pieced bindings with leftover fabric but I can't remember at this time. I'm going to look around my messy room. I still don't really like it! I don't like some of the colors I used. I have no idea why I chose blue for the sashings either. Oh well.........

On a happy note- I actually quilted a whole quilt yesterday and today! I've been practicing for a couple of weeks and it looks pretty good. I used my Juki instead of my Bernina. I think I do better without a stitch regulator. Time will tell. I actually had a lot of fun doing it. I hope SBG sees this bc she encouraged me to practice 10 minutes a day and it does work! So thanks SBG!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2023, 02:32 PM

SusieQOH, i like your color choices! I think I need to do the daily practice as well. Ten minutes a day is so doable. I should add it to my afternoon as I’ve got more free time now. Maybe I’ll set up the Juki and give her a daily spin. Besides, I’ve got a binding to attach anyway and she powers through them.
Old 10-25-2023, 03:35 PM
Power Poster

Lol, my Juki is a speedhorse, too. And so is my Juki sit down longarm. Good for you ladies quilting for 10 minutes a day! Because it's daily, it reinforces your muscle memory. You'll surprise yourself.

Susie, I just took a break from hours of stippling a big quilt. One more hour this evening and I should have it done. It's "Plaidish", that scrap quilt that is popular right now and looks like a big plaid. I don't usually make quilts this big, but it will be really nice to have as an extra around the house. Most of my extras have been given out this year, what with the tornadoes here and the fires in Maui. IMO, that's why it's good to have extras standing by... ready to go when needed and usable until then.

Susie, your RT quilt is lovely. I love the soft colors you used. Makes it look vintage! I'm sure you'll love it when you get it done and can sleep under it.
Old 10-25-2023, 04:11 PM

The RT is lovely. I like the little butterfly trails. Glad you mad it and not me, wink, wink, wink.

SBG, I have a finished pladish that I just needed a backing. Got it on Monday. Hope to layer this Friday afternoon and quilt it this weekend in between some other block making for the Autumn Boom. Just doing channels on the pladish, so it is rather mindless stitching. I made the throw size since I am doing my own quilting on a domestic. I would make another, it is easy and if you have a good stash, fun to plan. Only two blocks and a pretty impressive finish.
Old 10-25-2023, 05:47 PM

90% of the time when I quilt it will be a meander or if a smaller piece such as a table runner I will stipple it or use a ruler. I enjoy meandering on my Sweet 16
Old 10-25-2023, 06:24 PM

Just finished trimming a mess of Morning Glories units. Tomorrow DH and I have a trip to SC planned so I wanted to finish trimming all I had so I could start fresh on Friday with sewing. I’m moving along nicely and have lots of precut pieces ready for my units. Maybe I’ll even make some complete blocks this weekend. It’d be nice to see some blocks come together.