Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 30 - Sign-ups open thru August 12 >
  • Boom 30 - Sign-ups open thru August 12

• Boom 30 - Sign-ups open thru August 12

Old 08-04-2023, 11:00 AM

I am so angry that I can't join in any more Booms! I miss all of you so much!
    Cheese, I love your cat fabric!
    Old 08-04-2023, 12:28 PM

Klaws, I cannot imagine how frustrating and infuriating this eyesight problem must be for you. I hope you’ll want to join in on the conversation even if block making isn’t in the cards. You’re still a boomer in my book. Hugs.
    Originally Posted by klaws

Last edited by Janice McC; 08-04-2023 at 12:31 PM.
    Old 08-04-2023, 04:59 PM

Default Hi all

It's been a tough time for all of us. As the song says, we are " too old to die young". Wish I could say that about the stepdaughter, niece, and nephew we have lost in the past 4 months. Thankfully my oldest has gotten a good report from her oncologist and my hubby's surgeries should be over for a while. One day I hope to relax long enough to feel like I have retired! Thank God for all the nurses and medical professionals out there! Our family definitely appreciates everything you do!

Old 08-04-2023, 06:10 PM

I cannot imagine the trauma your family has gone through losing that many family members in such a short time, All2Pieces. My sincere sympathy to you. The medical field deserves all the love we can give them as they try to get us all into a healthy state. I am glad to hear that there are some uplifting health events in your life, too.

Hugs to all in my quiltboard family. Just keep on loving as fiercely as you can.
    Old 08-04-2023, 09:36 PM
    Power Poster

Cheese, I just love that funny kitty fabric! Thanks for giving us something fun to play with.

A2P, so very sorry for all the losses in your family! Wow... just unimaginable. Big hugs and prayers of comfort for your hurting heart. ((((A2P)))))

klaws, hope you stick around to visit, even if you can't "play". You are definitely a long time member of this group.

Today I got my two tops put together from my Christmas musical kitties fabric, Boom 29. You all did such a fabulous job. You are going to make 2 people very happy... people who have to be hospitalized over Christmas.

Attached Thumbnails img_3747.jpg   img_3749.jpg  

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 08-04-2023 at 09:43 PM.
    Old 08-05-2023, 04:41 AM
    Power Poster

Cheese- love the cats! I love cat anything!
    All2- Really sorry for all you've been through. Life can be so hard. Same to you, klaws.
    SBG- your quilts are delighful! Whenever I felt sorry for myself for having to work a holiday shift all I had to do was see my patients and I quickly got my head back on the right way! They got a cheerful nurse and not my mopey self.
    Have a great weekend, everyone.
    Old 08-05-2023, 06:37 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by klaws
    Please Chat and be part of the group if you can. Hugs and prayers.
    Old 08-05-2023, 06:56 AM

Klaws sending you big hugs and also hope you will join in our conversations

All2 pieces sending hugs to you also, so much sadness

Cheesehead love your kitties

SBW a couple of patients are sure going to smile when they receive your quilts.

Monday and Tuesday will be another solo camping adventure. Going to try out hubby’s SUV instead of my car. Mine is larger but the back seats don’t fold down. Hoping this will be more comfortable for sleeping. Will get in some hiking and plan to do a lot of reading

Old 08-05-2023, 08:34 AM
    Power Poster

Terri, you are quite the adventurer! Wish I could go with you!

I'm trying to get some UFOs quilted before I have to have surgery. I still have the chameleon boom blocks to put together for a couple of kids' quilts, and lots of framed panels for donation. Plenty to keep my hands and mind busy!
    Old 08-05-2023, 08:36 AM

All2Pieces, you have my condolences on your recent losses.

SBG, love the quilts. Once again you created great quilts.

Terriamn, you’re really getting into the solo camping! The thought of peaceful reading time in the midst of a beautiful locale sounds heavenly. Hope the suv is more comfortable for sleeping. Let us know how it goes!

Went to an LQS today and only came away with some backing for my Boom 29 blocks. Humph. I’ll try another place on Monday. I really hoped to find a children’s fabric that I loved.

So no additional signups yet since I last posted. I do have one person who is waiting a few days to see if her schedule will permit her to join. I sent out some emails and PMs so maybe we’ll get a couple of more.

Enjoy you weekend, Boomers. I’m off to start quilting my Under The Sea blocks. It’ll be QAYG this time around.