Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 30 - Sign-ups open thru August 12 >
  • Boom 30 - Sign-ups open thru August 12

• Boom 30 - Sign-ups open thru August 12

Old 08-07-2023, 06:05 PM

I’ll add this picture to the completed projects page of the Gallery. It’s a lovely quilt, Duckling. And I see my block. 😀
    Originally Posted by Duckling
    Janice, if you can work with this picture, I'd love to say thanks to those Boom 29 swappers for making this one. I'm old-fashioned and love pink and green so this turned out just great. Thanks again. It’s off to the quilter with this one ready for her when she gets back from her surgery.
    Speaking of pictures, Boomers, please try to keep your block pix to 200 kb or a bit smaller. It makes them easier for me to work with when I start putting them all in the gallery. Thank you!!!!

Old 08-08-2023, 08:17 AM
    Power Poster

Welcome back, duckling and Lstew2212!! Lets make some blocks!
    Old 08-08-2023, 09:01 AM

Reminder for those thinking about joining, sign ups are open through midnight ET Saturday. Come join us! There’s still time!

Old 08-08-2023, 12:27 PM

Default One quilt top done and tentative fabric choices

Hi all, I’ve posted this photo on the boomerang 29 page and here because I’m just so in love with how this quilt top turned out. It will go to the LAQ as soon as I get back the Baltimore album themed top back. Here also is a photo of the FQ Christmas bundle from Riley Blake I’ll be using. I’m not sure about the second one. I have “She Who Sews” and “Sincerely Yours” precuts that are possibilities. Decisions decisions. Hugs!
    Attached Thumbnails img_6279.jpeg   img_6281.jpeg  
    Old 08-08-2023, 01:03 PM
    Power Poster

Gorgeous Spacegirl quilt, Reba! I knew that one was going to be terrific. For your second set... I vote She Who Sews!!
    Old 08-08-2023, 01:44 PM

Rebaquilts, I wondered how your quilt would look while making your block. It’s terrific. Love the cornerstone stars. Nice touch to a space quilt. 😀
    Old 08-08-2023, 03:36 PM

Hi everyone.

Such wonderful quilts! Each block and finished top has such creativity. Someone will be very happy to get each quilt.

This go-around I am planning a nautical theme for a senior adult male who is having severe back and knee pain. Hence my request for blues, greys, or taupe to match the anchors in the fabric. If someone feels inspired to create sailboats or jolly rogers, use other colors if you want. Have fun with it!

Stay safe, everyone. Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails anchors-away2.jpg  
    Old 08-09-2023, 05:58 AM

Default Just married!

Hello Boomers!

So much good stuff since my last boom. I’ve retired, we bought a sailboat (will be completed in Dec of 2024) and got married last weekend! We are also in the early stages of moving from Wyoming to California!

im going to sit this boom out - so much happening! But im hopeful to rejoin in the future
    Old 08-09-2023, 06:10 AM

Congratulations on your marriage! Wow, lots of changes. I’m happy for you. We’ll see you in a future Boom.
    Originally Posted by JayneW
    Hello Boomers!

So much good stuff since my last boom. I’ve retired, we bought a sailboat (will be completed in Dec of 2024) and got married last weekend! We are also in the early stages of moving from Wyoming to California!

im going to sit this boom out - so much happening! But im hopeful to rejoin in the future
    Old 08-09-2023, 07:11 AM

Jayne congratulations and best wishes

All 2 pieces love your fabric, we use to have a sailboat till it was ruined in a storm. Working with your fabric will bring back lots of pleasant memories.

Reba your quilt turned out so darn cute. I have some sewing fabrics for a future boom. They are so much fun

Back from solo camping, laying on a camping pad in the back of the SUV was great for stretching out but with that little padding under me my body was not happy. Talk about stiff and sore. Yikes. Still some figuring out to do.

Arriving home my last yard of fabric arrived so I can throw the fabric in the washer and finish preparing my baggies

Beautiful day here hope everyone else is finally having some great weather

Last edited by terriamn; 08-09-2023 at 07:14 AM.