Boom 31 Spring

Old 05-29-2024, 05:13 PM

I was wondering about the black cod! Ha-Ha-Ha! Just thought there was a new fish that runs in the spring and it was that time of the fishing season. Duh on me! But your response post gave me a laugh. I'm sure we all have had some odd, weird, zingers of auto spelling errors! Tee-Hee-Hee.

Got my message and will be awaiting my next bundle of blocks. If it works out with colors etc, I may try an on-point setting this time. We shall see what inspiration strikes.
Old 05-30-2024, 09:25 AM

Packages were delivered to the post office about 9 am. Woo hoo!
Old 05-30-2024, 03:25 PM
Power Poster

I did not get a shipping notice. I hope that doesn't mean they have lost it already, LOL!

Thank you Janice, for leading us through another great Boom... especially while taking care of a sick pup. You're the best.
Old 05-30-2024, 03:47 PM

I emailed your tracking number. It should arrive Saturday. Might check to see if it went into your spam folder. And you are welcome.

It’s getting a little less raw but DH and I are missing Ripley tremendously. There’s a big hole in our lives. Trying to keep busy.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
I did not get a shipping notice. I hope that doesn't mean they have lost it already, LOL!

Thank you Janice, for leading us through another great Boom... especially while taking care of a sick pup. You're the best.
Old 05-30-2024, 09:52 PM
Power Poster

Got your email with tracking # Janice. Will watch for the package Saturday.
Thank you!
Old 05-31-2024, 03:42 AM

While checking on my delivery date I saw the package was coming from Horse Shoe, NC made me smile. Just love the clever and often unexpected town names in other parts of our country. I had to google it and snoop about. Curious minds learn new things, don't ya know. Named for a particular kind of bend in the river. Michigan and other mid-west states seem to have an abundance of names derived from Native American words while NC has towns named after physical features of the landscape.
Old 05-31-2024, 03:45 PM

Good evening. Been finishing up some meandering of my Under the Sea blocks. I’ve decided to make 2 quilts. One a 3x3 and the other a 3x4. The first is the smaller. Tomorrow I’m going to start QAYG with narrow sashing. It’s SBG’s tutorial I’ve used before. Maybe I’ll even finish it tomorrow. Wouldn’t that be amazing? A pic of the likely layout is below. Don’t look closely at the quilting. It’s rough! Remember, I’m still learning!
Attached Thumbnails img_5872.jpeg  
Old 06-01-2024, 02:29 AM

Humm, Hadn't thought about making two smaller quilt tops from the block collection. A thought to store away for future use. My Fall Boom is nearly finished. One more side of hand stitching on the binding and then I will have a ta-da to post. Off soon for a day of stitching with my quilt group. On Saturday a month we gather to for a sew-in and work on what ever we wish. Mystery quilt, group sew-a-long using a Lori Holt pattern, a UFO, a donation quilt? What to do, what to do.Tee-Hee-Hee!
Old 06-01-2024, 09:35 AM
Power Poster

Love the first quilt, Janice! Your quilting looks good! I love all over stipple. It creates such a great texture.

I will likely be doing two quilts with the Animal Party blocks that may or may not arrive today. I have a couple of panels to use with them, so that will make the blocks go farther. Two children's quilts!

The sun's out, after a couple of rainy days. I'm looking forward to walking today.
Old 06-01-2024, 10:52 AM

Well, I’m back to quilting 11 more Under the Sea blocks. Changed my mind again and decided this fabric is suited to an older child so I need to go larger. This is to be a Project Linus quilt so I’ll use 20 blocks in a 4x5 pattern. And unfortunately, one of my favorite blocks, the pink octopus, can’t be used on this quilt as it’s three dimensional and I’ve been informed it’ll be a “choking hazard”. Sheesh. Anyway, I’ll make a new simple block as the replacement and make a pillow out of the octopus for my grandkids to use. They’ll love it. New tentative layout is below.

Hope you’re having a nice weekend. Some of you should be getting your blocks today
Attached Thumbnails img_5876.jpeg