Boom 31 Spring

Old 06-01-2024, 12:25 PM

Janice I think your meandering looks good. I like it also for the texture it gives the quilt.

I have also made 2 smaller quilts out of the boom blocks, great for the littles.

Actually very nice day today. First Saturday that hasn’t rained in ages. All our friends are out and about with family events. Pretty darn quiet here at the lake. Bad part of that is when hubby doesn’t have his friends here guess who has to entertain him.
Old 06-01-2024, 02:21 PM

I’m so excited my friend’s birthday is June 11, so I’ll get the blocks in time to put them together for her birthday present. She will get her ballerinas in time for #60 :-) it’s a big milestone. Thanks in advance everyone for the great blocks! Hugs!
Old 06-01-2024, 03:20 PM

Got my 2. sets of blocks today. Thanks, Everybody, for making such pretty blocks for me. Janice, as always you are the best hostess out there on the web. I appreciate all of your time and work on our behalf. Love our Boom family!
Old 06-01-2024, 04:30 PM

I thought I would share a link with this group for future use. https://fabric406.com/blogs/fabric40...gged/12-blocks It was shared with the Birthday Swap group because one of the tutorials uses 2.5 " squares. But, to the point here, I was wandering around the site and there are multiple pages of 12" blocks with tutorials if you need them. Just in case any one may be searching for new ideas or reminders of some forgotten options for 12" squares. I wandered the site and the tutorials are good step-by-step instructions with lots of pictures. I particularly like that the back of the block is shown so you can see how to press the seams.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 06-01-2024 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-01-2024, 10:45 PM
Power Poster

Thanks WMUT, that is a really cool site. Love being able to see the construction and pressing illustrations for the blocks. And also the layout ideas. WINNER!
Old 06-02-2024, 06:58 AM

WMUT I use that site a lot but I have learned to read all through the directions before cutting.

We had a beautiful day yesterday, today is starting out gorgeous but later in the day it will start raining again

Leaving tomorrow morning for a few more days of camping in a state forest about 90 minutes from home. The only facilities are outhouses. Just hoping the mosquitoes aren’t out of hand. Should be able to finish my binding on boom 30’s quilt
Old 06-02-2024, 09:25 AM

WMUT- if you subscribe to the site she sends an email each day with different pattern.

spending weekend in Massachusetts campground . Went to granddaughters HS graduation. Beautiful day. Over 400 graduates. Since I only had 74 in mine, I can not even imagine.
I brought the deviled eggs again. Never a leftover! She went with an ice cream car and had lavender ice cream!
today is recovery and will head north tomorrow. Our other granddaughter graduates 8th grade next week. She has 12 in her class!
Old 06-02-2024, 11:52 AM

Actually the binding I am working on is from boom 29, this is from boom 30. It will be for camping with that in mind I needed it to be lightweight but still warm enough for night time sleeping without air or heat. It was recommended to use a wool blend. I have never quilted with wool, it is so soft. Hopefully can quilt it on Wednesday or Thursday after arriving home
Attached Thumbnails img_3527.jpeg  
Old 06-02-2024, 12:36 PM

Teriamn- I loved that fabric and colors! Looks great together
Old 06-02-2024, 12:58 PM

Looks like only one person got their blocks on schedule. The rest should arrive Monday per the tracking info. Guess two day priority isn’t two day any longer. Oh, don’t forget to check your block count before you start oohing and aahing! Almost everyone should have 19 per group. SusieQOH, you’ll have 12 and Macybaby, I believe you have 18 per package.

Terriamn, love your quilt top. I see my block! Hope Boomer is back to himself post-surgery.

Made it through a week without our dog. Tough one but I hope for a better week coming up. I’m trying to keep busy. Have a boat ride on a nearby lake on Wednesday with the ladies group and then lunch at a nice restaurant. Lots of meandering ahead on several sets of Boom blocks. I’d like to get better at it before I move back to straight line quilting (which I still prefer) for a candy top I’ve got. I’m going through a couple of bobbins a day so I’m finally fully comfortable with the Juki. (Now if I could get that old Kenmore to quit skipping!)

Have a good week, Boomers!