Boom 31 Spring

Old 02-25-2024, 07:40 PM

Thx WMUT, my sister and I both thought they needed an eye also
Old 02-26-2024, 04:25 AM

The blue fabric came with the parrot fabric. Unfortunately, I can’t say it was my great skill to choose it. It works beautifully!
Originally Posted by Cheesehead
Darling snowman quilt Terri! Janice, the fabric you chose to go with the parrot fabric is beautiful!

Cheese
Terriamn, I think button eyes would be darling!

I’ll be off to the post office in a couple of hours.
Old 02-26-2024, 05:28 AM

One block this morning for Macybaby. Hope you like it.

Getting up at 5 gives me a lot of quiet time before DH and the dog get up for the day. Does anyone else get up early to piece? I’ve always been an early bird but 5 seems a little silly to me. I’m falling asleep by 9 pm.
Attached Thumbnails img_5372.jpeg  
Old 02-26-2024, 06:15 AM

Fabulous block Janice

Sometimes early morning calls me to sew but when evening comes and sleep is not to be I will sewing till the early hours of dawn.
Old 02-26-2024, 06:16 AM

Packages are on their way!
Old 02-26-2024, 07:31 AM

I routinely get up 1-2 hours before DH. I've always been an early riser, and he and both kids are not. I love having that time to sew and relax before the day starts. Once in a while DH will get up a bit earlier, but most mornings I wake him up around 7:30 so we can have breakfast together.

Our two cats get rather insistent if I don't get up by 6 am. They want me to get up and go to the studio to sew, and they get in their favorite spots and go back to sleep.
Old 02-26-2024, 10:41 AM

One more today. This one is for Travelinggramma. I hope you like the oranges I used and that it will work with your other blocks. I only had a slim ribbon of fabric left. Phew, I knew I was cutting it close, pun unintentional.
Attached Thumbnails img_5379.jpeg  
Old 02-26-2024, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

Janice, you're off to a beautiful start! Such pretty blocks.
Old 02-26-2024, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

Love your blocks, Janice! And I'm glad to hear the doggie is acting better. Maybe the vet was wrong and she will live a lot longer than expected. Miracles can and do happen.
Hope you have a nice dinner with your friend and family. I know how chaotic a dinner with the grands can be. One good thing... they don't stay at the table long.
Terri, I also think the snowmen need some sort of eye. If not a button, you could applique or embroider eyes. They look amazing, btw. I love how your quilting turned out. What pattern is that? I've never seen it before.
My computer has had a reprieve! I took it to the shop today and the guy got it to come on. They build computers from scratch, to order, and also refurb good used ones they get in. They are getting a new load of them in tomorrow, so I'll go back and buy one. Mine is full so I need one with a bigger hard drive and newer battery. Yay, that will be so nice!

Old 02-26-2024, 04:56 PM

Janice - love both blocks - MAcybabys and mine. The colors really make it pop! Thank you thank you for starting my quilt off!!
I love mornings - DH hates mornings. So I love getting up and having my coffee and quiet time and then quietly sewing.
We went to see Ordinary Angels yesterday at the movie theater. Excellent!! Just our opinion.