Boom 31 Spring

Old 06-02-2024, 02:39 PM
Power Poster

Love that quilt, Terri! I think you will really like the wool batting.

Janice, keep busy! My package got updated to a Monday delivery, but I'm not surprised. Most packages come a day or two later than expected out here. Meanwhile, I'm trying to finish up blocks in the mystery quilt from my guild. It should be pretty.
Old 06-02-2024, 04:04 PM
Power Poster

Janice, I just realized your pooch is gone. I'm so sorry. She will always be in your heart though.....
Old 06-02-2024, 06:48 PM

Apparently, my BOOM blocks went on a detour. They are in Alabama. Got a notice they would be delivered Saturday and when I checked, this is what I got: MONTGOMERY AL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on June 2, 2024 at 4:47 am.

They are taking the scenic route. :-)
Old 06-02-2024, 07:48 PM

Terriamn, I found my block! I had to search my photo file to find what I had sent to you. You would think I would remember, but I did not. Like the borders on the two sides particularly with the print to keep the eye moving wider. You are making serious progress on finishing your Booms! Woozers!

Did not get to complete the binding on the fall quilt today. After church I went to my GD's oboe recital. She did better than some who were younger and was in the shadow of two others who were HS seniors. She is a 9th grader with room to grow. She also auditioned later this afternoon for the Kalamazoo Jr. Symphony. Which is a pretty BIG deal around here. I am so proud of her. She really needs a place to shine and she may have found it. After the recital I drove north to the visit friends near Port Sheldon and visited a one room school house that we have spent many an hour fund raising for to bring it up to "snuff" and restored it to its 1900 appearance.

Long day and now time to fall into bed. Lovely day, sun, clouds, cool tonight and rain again tomorrow.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 06-02-2024 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-03-2024, 01:46 AM

WMUTeach, I had to go back through my pics to see which one I made for Terriamn, too. I guess we make so many it’s easy to forget.

SusieQ, that’s precisely what I’ve been telling myself, that she’s in my heart.

Hav, I don’t recall your blocks ever going through Montgomery before. Last time they were direct out of Charlotte if I’m remembering correctly. At least they aren’t going to Puerto Rico like Libster’s did one time!

Am going to be taking care of a friend’s cat this week while she’s on vacation. I’ll walk to her home to see him twice a day to keep him company and feed him. His name is Joey. He’s an orange tabby.

It’ll be back to quilting my blocks today. I’ve got to cut up more batting and backing before proceeding. My FMQ stitch length is beginning to get more even. Yay. SBG, you were absolutely correct when you said it’s daily practice to see improvement.

Hope your blocks start rolling in today. Am happy to take any comments about the swap. Please pm or email me with your thoughts.

Old 06-03-2024, 03:22 AM

My blocks are scheduled to arrive today. So excited to get this one together.
Old 06-03-2024, 04:44 AM

WMUT I only added side borders because I didn’t want the quilt any longer, don’t want to risk it getting caught in the door when trunk closes. I love how nice and bright it is.

Down loaded a couple books to my IPad and bringing a couple more actual books with me in case there isn’t any service.

For crying out loud we had 1.5” more rain last night. Have gone from a drought to flooding .

Off on my next adventure and hopefully this is better than the last outing
Old 06-03-2024, 09:47 AM
Power Poster

Terri, are you camping solo again this time? Wishing you good weather and safe travels!

My quilt blocks are out for delivery today. Yay!

Janice, enjoy Joey this week!
Old 06-03-2024, 10:14 AM

My package arrived today about 1:00. Yeah. Just in time to distract me from finishing the fall boom quilt. Tee-Hee-Hee!
Old 06-03-2024, 11:02 AM
Power Poster

I got mine today. Thank you all so much! They are beautiful blocks. Janice, thanks again for hosting.