Boom 31 Spring

Old 06-03-2024, 12:22 PM

Ooh, glad the blocks are arriving!

Just back from Joey’s house and his mom forgot to leave the house keys where she usually does. A few tense minutes until I reached her in Aruba and she told me where the spare is! Good grief. My heart did a flip flop. Lol. I imagined trying to explain to a locksmith that I really wasn’t trying something nefarious and that I needed to feed the cat! No reputable locksmith would let me in!

Only a few more blocks to FMQ for the under the sea quilt then on to assembly.
Old 06-03-2024, 02:38 PM
Power Poster

Janice, so glad you were able to reach your neighbor in Aruba!

My package came today and I have just finished opening and pressing all the blocks. They are BEAUTIFUL. Thank you, everyone, for this wonderful effort. My favorites are the Party Animals... they look so great with all the bright colors everyone picked to go with my prints. These are going to be quilts that really make people happy! Thank you all, and thanks again to Janice for making it happen.
Old 06-03-2024, 02:42 PM

Ta-Da! Fall Boom is finished and in the books! I managed to restrain from opening my the Boom 31 Spring package. Now, off to grab those kitchen scissor. I need to open that package of spring blocks and start playing with them .
Attached Thumbnails 2024-05-03-fall-2023-boom.jpg  
Old 06-04-2024, 02:06 AM

WMUTeach, I just love your quilt! You did a fabulous job. Congratulations!
Originally Posted by WMUTeach
Ta-Da! Fall Boom is finished and in the books! I managed to restrain from opening my the Boom 31 Spring package. Now, off to grab those kitchen scissor. I need to open that package of spring blocks and start playing with them .

Old 06-04-2024, 03:22 AM

My blocks arrived and I am beyond excited. The work is fantastic and I love each and every one of them. Stay tuned for the blocks to come together in a quilt
Old 06-04-2024, 03:23 AM

I already have my fabric pulled out for the next boom, a cute floral. Whimsical
Old 06-04-2024, 05:08 AM
Power Poster

WMU- love your finished quilt!!
Old 06-04-2024, 05:51 AM

Good morning. Having a rough morning missing the pup so I jumped into finishing up the quilt. Hope to have something to show tomorrow. Have a good day, Boomers!

Old 06-04-2024, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Good morning. Having a rough morning missing the pup so I jumped into finishing up the quilt. Hope to have something to show tomorrow. Have a good day, Boomers!
Janice sorry you are having a rough time, hope soon your memories of Riley are only happy ones

Hubby said my package arrived, will check it out when I go home tomorrow. Enjoying a nice cup of coffee sitting in mother natures forest. Beautiful here

WMUT love your quilt, it turned out beautiful
Old 06-04-2024, 10:45 AM
Power Poster

WMUT, love the patriotic quilt! My favorite block is the hen and chicks on the right side. Great work everyone!

Janice, saying a prayer for comfort for you today. Ripley had a good life with you and you couldn't have done any better by her! I'm sure she knew she was loved and is now chasing butterflies in the heavenlies. ((((hugs too)))).

Last night I put together the yellow baby quilt, 3x3, and will get that quilted soon. I only had 8 blocks of the bright yellow with baby animals on it. Couldn't find more of that fabric to make the 9th block, tho I know I have it here somewhere. So I scouted around for an alternative, and the one I ended up pulling was another fabric from the same line (Tarzanimals), unbeknownst to me. When I read the selvedge, I was surprised... serendipitous!