Boom 31 Spring

Old 06-06-2024, 05:59 AM

Ta-da! Quilt is put together, just binding to make and attach. I’m considering binding by machine but I’ve never done it. Think I’ll give it a try. Thank you to everyone who contributed blocks to this quilt! I just love the way it’s turning out and I hope some child will enjoy it. Pix below. DH is cutting the yard so he can’t hold it so the chair had to do. It’s far from perfect but I’m satisfied. My meandering even improved. Woo hoo!

Terriamn, that sashing gave me fits each row! Almost out it on backwards a second time. Glad I’m not the only one.

It’s drier today so I’d better get a walk in soon before it gets too hot.
Attached Thumbnails image0.jpeg   image1.jpeg  
Old 06-06-2024, 06:05 AM

I am taking a break outside. Two dogs running and playing. One bird in cage enjoying the sights. Spent yesterday and today cutting back the lilacs that border the property. My upper arms are very sore, but hit so much old branches and invasive vines out. Just need DS to saw a few extra large branches and it’s fine till next year.
transplanted a few Montauk Daisy plants that are struggling to come back. Even the Vegetable garden is stagnant. Only thing growing is grass!
Keep getting your sunshine when you can
Old 06-06-2024, 06:10 AM

Janice- great top. Love the scuba diver. When we go on the Hawaiian boom retreat we must go snorkeling!
Old 06-06-2024, 12:46 PM
Power Poster

TG, we are definitely snorkeling at the Hawaiian Boom Retreat!!

Janice, I love the quilt! The quilting is great and I love how the QAYG turned out. That gold sashing is the perfect touch!
Old 06-06-2024, 12:48 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for expounding on the boat trip. Sounds lovely, but I would have prefered no noisy chatters. Glad you had fun anyway.
Old 06-06-2024, 03:14 PM

Ta-Da, Janice! What a fun quilt for a young person or an older person who is young at heart.

My quilting gal pals, gave me some ideas for the lay out of the Spring Boom, but I am not sure I am comfortable with their new layout. This is where I just might say "my quilt, my way" and proceed. But needless to say, I am thrilled with the blocks. So many intricate and interesting blocks to just make my final quilt shine. Thanks to all. What a fun adventure with everyone.
Old 06-07-2024, 02:18 AM

Good morning. Got my walk in yesterday but boy was it warm. I need to go earlier.

Postage rates go up July 14 so if you need stamps, grab them now.

I had planned to start another Boom signup on July 27 with the swap ending late November. I’m wondering if that is too soon. I could push it back until August but we’ll run up against the holidays. How do you feel? Is late July too soon for signups?

Thanks for the nice comments on the quilt. Today is binding and I have exactly the amount needed to bind. Too close for comfort but I’ll make it work.
Old 06-07-2024, 03:13 AM

Humm, Start date really does not matter to me. What is more important is to avoid the holidays. So having the blocks finished before Thanksgiving is more important to me. That would be my responsibility whether I choose the two month or three month time frame. Also, keep in mind your own time, Janice Mc. Do you want to do your sorting and mailing when planing and participating holiday celebrations?

I have been walking too and meeting my goal more days than not. Walk on!
Old 06-07-2024, 07:16 AM

I agree with WMUT would prefer to have the blocks done before the holidays except the boom keeps me busy in Texas. Guess that means I am ok with what the majority want

Janice I love your quilt, the quilting looks great and the gold for the quilt as you go really make the blocks pop.
Old 06-07-2024, 08:26 AM

Finished! Under the Sea quilt is bound. Woo hoo. I bound it by machine and there are some minor goofs but once again, I’m content with it. Next time I’d definitely get a left compensating foot to make stitches more even. I figure I saved at least six or 8 hand binding hours as I’m pretty slow. Machine Binding could be a game changer for me. Take a look below while it’s pristine. It’s about to go in the wash and get bagged up for Project Linus.

What next??? There are so many possibilities in my ufo stack!
Attached Thumbnails img_5911.jpeg