Boom 31 Spring

Old 06-14-2024, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

Janice, we have a lot of pet ashes! Carmello's are in a beautiful cherry box. His predecessors got tins for some reason.
Anyway, Paul wants Carmello's ashes spread with his when the time comes. I don't know what I want done when I go but I want the other pets with me. A few of our girls are buried but most are ashes.
I'd love to join you in the pool. We're in for some beastly weather!!! Enjoy!
Old 06-14-2024, 08:39 AM

SusieQOH, I’d love to have you join me in the pool, but give it a week. It’s green, smelly and slimy. Never had that happen before so DH is working on it a couple of times a day. Should be good to go next week! Book your flight now! lol. Heck, let’s have a pool party for all Boomers! Might be easier to arrange than a Hawaii vacay.

Funny, the Juki used to intimidate me until I did the last quilt on it. Now we’re great friends. I sat down at her to start FMQ the floral blocks, and felt zero trepidation. Woo hoo! She’s my gal pal now.

Originally Posted by SusieQOH
Janice, we have a lot of pet ashes! Carmello's are in a beautiful cherry box. His predecessors got tins for some reason.
Anyway, Paul wants Carmello's ashes spread with his when the time comes. I don't know what I want done when I go but I want the other pets with me. A few of our girls are buried but most are ashes.
I'd love to join you in the pool. We're in for some beastly weather!!! Enjoy!
Old 06-14-2024, 11:03 AM
Power Poster

I can teach a water aerobics class when we all get together for our pool party!!

Old 06-14-2024, 02:28 PM

Great idea!
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
I can teach a water aerobics class when we all get together for our pool party!!
So, just found out I was exposed to Covid by a friend on Tuesday. She thinks she picked it up on an airplane. Great. I’m supposed to test on Sunday so I guess our weekend plans aren’t going to happen. Plenty of time to quilt instead. I feel perfectly fine but my friend is absolutely miserable. I’m hoping I don’t get it.

Have a nice evening.

Old 06-14-2024, 06:20 PM
Power Poster

A pool party sounds perfect! Janice, tell hubby to hurry up LOL
I love quilting on my Juki. And I got some very good advice from our own SBG- practice 10 minutes a day. That REALLY works!
I bought a high end Bernina mainly to get the BSR feature but I honestly prefer quilting on the Juki.
Good luck and have fun!

Oh no, I hope you don't catch Covid.
Old 06-14-2024, 09:07 PM
Power Poster

Hope you come out fine, Janice. Praying you don't get covid even if you were exposed. They say it's now just another flu, but flus aren't fun, so I believe you'll skate right on through and not get it! Maybe you can do your weekend plans, after all.

I enjoyed quilting on my Juki TL2010Q before I got the big Juki sitdown machine, and still enjoy using both. I've been doing a lot of piecing lately (on the 2010) and need to get caught up on the quilting. I have not been taking my own advice of quilting 10 minutes a day, LOL! Will need a warm up quilt to get back in the swing....
Old 06-15-2024, 04:41 AM

SusieQ and SBG, I agree a 10 minute practice frequently is key to improving FMQing.

I think I do not have Covid but I test tomorrow to be sure, the 5 day mark after exposure. Our Father’s Day plans included camping out with the family in our backyard. That way the littles and their mom could easily move inside to the guest room where they will undoubtedly will want to sleep. That’s off. They cannot risk getting sick. The parents and Charlie had Covid a couple of times and it was quite bad for the parents but Charlie cruised through it. My friend is having a rough time with it. Her lungs are deeply affected. Hoping she starts to recover soon.

Hope everyone has a fun weekend ahead. I’m going to be in the sewing room most of the time. My white florals are almost all quilted. Now to decide on a sashing color. It’ll have to be something from the stash. I’m leaning towards a pretty yellow and I’ve got enough to do it all.
Old 06-15-2024, 05:52 AM

I will be there for the pool party, can’t wait.

My Sit down quilting machine is a Handi Quilter. Love that baby. Right now I am quilting my boom top with rulers and templates. Slow going but fun, trying a different design in each block. I also need lots more practice.

Janice hubby had COVID last winter. Both of us had cold like symptoms, he tested positive and I didn’t. We isolated for 10 days. Hope you test negative

Yesterday was an incredibly beautiful day, we were able to go for a long boat ride and had a bonfire in the afternoon with friends and a second one last night. Today it’s rainy and high of only 69, tomorrow it’s forecasted to be 91 and high humidity. Crazy!
Old 06-15-2024, 06:18 AM

Crazy weather everywhere!

Janice, I'm sorry your friend has it so bad. I hope you and yours are able to not get it.

Sewbizgirl, I'm ready for the pool party!

Sewing and quilting? What's that? Oh for time to sit and sew! (Job and grandkids keeping me hopping).
Old 06-15-2024, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

Hope you test negative, Janice. Even so, the backyard camping sounds lovely. Could you postpone it a week? Hope you friend starts recovering soon.

Ibex, you are a busy girl! A hard worker....

Terri, bonfires and boat rides.... you are living your best life! I've heard the HandiQuilter is a nice machine. Everyone who has one seems to love it.

Been thinking about our Libster lately. I hope she's well and staying cancer free.

We don't have any Father's Day plans. Just gonna be hanging out here. Maybe I can talk the hubby into a day trip somewhere. He's been walking with me every day... our mile and a half. We haven't missed a day in I don't know how long. It feels great. He is very regular working out with weight in his home gym in our basement. The other day he asked me if we could do a yoga class together twice a week. He remembers how much the stretching benefited him in his weight training, so we did some yoga together on the living room rug. I'm the yoga teacher, but haven't done much since my cancer surgery and gaining 20 lbs on Tamoxifen. But we gave it our best shot! If he keeps nudging me, I'll be doing more yoga with him. I hope and pray, now that I've ditched Tamoxifen, that I can get the extra weight off.

Hope all of you and your hubbies/dads have a great weekend and Father's Day!