Boom 31 Spring

Old 06-24-2024, 06:34 AM

We went to the lake yesterday and spent the night. There were 3 couples who stayed out and you would have thought we were all totally blitzed because we laughed and carried on. We were all so excited to be sitting by a roaring campfire, visiting with friends on a beautiful night with no rain. Hubby is calling this the summer that wasn’t. Just plain been horrendous weather this year. The one thing good about it I have had lots of quilting time.

I know all parts of the country are having weather related problems. Hope you are all safe
Old 06-24-2024, 05:16 PM

All safe and sound in Michigan, but we are supposed to get thunder storm early in the morning on Tuesday. The clear skies and mid- 80s. Sounds good to me. We have had two days in a row with coolish nights, (in the 60's) and highs in the upper 70s. Perfect. I started my daily walk tonight about 8:30 and enjoyed the quiet, the birds calling back and forth and the scents of weeds and flowers. Didn't quite make my walking goal, but I will get some more steps before bed. See y'all later this week.

I took my fall Boom quilt, the Americana fabric, to show off at my quilt group this evening. Many compliments and a couple of folks interested in the boomerang concept. Thanks again for all of the blocks they were well received by my group.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 06-24-2024 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-24-2024, 07:22 PM

Ta Da. Finished quilting this baby last night. I am so excited, it’s the most quilting I have ever attempted and most designs were new to me. Won’t this brighten up the back of my car for my solo camping. Thank you everyone for all my great blocks. Do have to bind it but will wait till after the wedding and my birthday.
Attached Thumbnails img_3572.jpeg  
Old 06-24-2024, 09:06 PM
Power Poster

Fabulous quilt, Terri! Love every block. You are going to need sunglasses to fall asleep under that one! Glad you got some campfire time with your friends.

Janice, my Juki sitdown longarm is on the 'blink', too. For some reason, it keeps shredding the thread. I have tried everything I know and the problem persists! Last night I was trying to finish quilting a Quilt of Valor that I wanted to donate today, and I just had to stop. I was picking out more skipped stitches than I was keeping. So frustrating. Maybe I got a bad pack of needles??? Will work with it more tomorrow and see if i can get it sewing better. I have so many tops to quilt. At last count, nearly 20.

Today was my Guild meeting in Jackson. I love that group. After the meeting I went "thrifting" and hit all my favorite thrift stores while I was in town. I found some treasures! Mostly glass and ceramic... I'm getting ready to take a load to Memphis for a sidewalk sale I'll be selling at in a couple of months. Some will go on Ebay. It was a fun day.
Old 06-25-2024, 03:05 AM

Bright is OK, Terrianm, Three cheers for you for having the vision to use your fabric to make such a cheerful quilt.
Old 06-26-2024, 01:53 AM

Congrats, Terri, on such a pretty quilt. It’ll be cheery on your adventures!
Originally Posted by terriamn
Ta Da. Finished quilting this baby last night. I am so excited, it’s the most quilting I have ever attempted and most designs were new to me. Won’t this brighten up the back of my car for my solo camping. Thank you everyone for all my great blocks. Do have to bind it but will wait till after the wedding and my birthday.
Old 06-26-2024, 08:18 AM

Happy day! My Juki is up and running and I’m putting the little Ballet Slippers quilt together. It’s going to be over 90 today. I think I’ll stay inside.

Stay cool everyone.
Old 06-26-2024, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

Yay! Did you fix the Juki yourself, Janice? I procrastinated all day yesterday because I didn't want to fool with my Juki longarm problems. Today I need to get upstairs and get it figured out. Hate not being able to quilt without breaking thread and skipping stitches. Those sound like needle problems, don't they? I'll go try some more stuff and see if I can't get it sewing properly again....
Old 06-26-2024, 10:34 AM

Hi all, I am partially done with piecing my ballerina quilt, she is getting a twin size with 2 shams. I held onto the other blocks for shams and a pillow. Once I get those done I’ll post them as well. I was going to piece them and have my LAQ quilt them then make the shams with the quilted fabric. I’ll be adding a border as well. But before I forget, here it is so far. Hugs all and thanks for the beautiful blocks.
Attached Thumbnails bcd8a992-8820-4ea2-ad91-cbbd73acbfac.jpeg  
Old 06-26-2024, 01:53 PM

Love the ballerina quilt Reba. It is so elegant.

Terri, love the bright and bold quilt.

I have yet to open my package. Hoping to this coming month.