Boom 31 Spring

Old 06-26-2024, 03:02 PM

Rebaquilts, lone your ballerina top. So pretty!

Sbg, I changed out the bobbin case and the odd sound seems to have stopped. I’ve sashed a few of the QAYG ballet slippers blocks today but got sidetracked by the heat. Went in the pool. May get to finish tomorrow.

Reminder that the next boom signups will be in a month. Hope you’ll join up, Boomers!

Have a nice day.
Old 06-26-2024, 03:54 PM

Janice I bought a new bobbin case also, it should be here in a few days. After listening to your problems I thought it could be part of my problem also

Reba the ballerina quilt is going to be gorgeous.

We just had a phone call from my dd the mother of the bride to be and said Mom don’t shoot the messenger but Serena ( the bride) wants you there 2.5 hours before the wedding for pictures but not the rest of the family we are driving there with. Oh joy let the fun begin.
Old 06-26-2024, 04:29 PM

I have been doing a bit of fabric searching while organizing and straightening up my fabric the past week. No solid yes fabric(s) yet. But I will be making a choice soon. I want to cut and bag ASAP. I am thinking of two different fabrics to make two different quilts for Project Linus. We shall see.

Old 06-26-2024, 04:51 PM

Oh my, the ballerina is twirling and looking awesome!! What a work of art.
and those camping colors came together really nicely too.
I am camping a mile from ocean and relaxing. DH and I spent yesterday at the beach. Today we became tourists on Route 1A from MA to ME.
bought some large 3+lb lobsters and cooked them at campground and enjoyed every morsel.
Tomorrow my college friend and her DH are coming over and we will hang out at beach catching up.
living the life
Old 06-27-2024, 02:03 AM

Good morning. It’s still dark out but it sounds like we’re getting a light rain. The plants really need it with all this heat so that’s great news. Yesterday a cardinal was hanging out near the feeder, beak open, really seeming to struggle in the heat. Never saw that before. The frogs are croaking in the pond across the street and a hummingbird is already at the feeder just outside the window. What a fine morning!

Terriamn, hope your new bobbin case solves the problem. Re the wedding, good luck there! DS “eloped” (with our blessing) so no wedding to have to deal with. DH and I had a small Las Vegas ceremony with just our immediate family and what a disaster thanks to a few who attended. Glad it really is all about the marriage and not the wedding. Hope you get through it unscathed and DGD has a marvelous time.

WMUTeach, I love having enough blocks for two small PL quilts from the swap. If I want them bigger, I can make a few more like I did with the florals. My ballet slippers quilt is on the sewing table now but the next few days are really full so it may have to wait.

TG, bet that trip was lovely and the lobsters sound fabulous. You really are living life right now. Happy for you.

It’s still way too soon since Ripley’s death, but DH and I are talking about getting another dog, probably a smaller pittie to help fill the void she left. Started searching rescue sites and my goodness, so many are available. Such a shame. If only we could rescue a dozen!

Off to read a bit before DH gets up. Have a good day and stay cool ladies!
Old 06-27-2024, 03:14 AM

Hi all, rescue is a great idea, yes there are so many. Both of my cats are rescues and I think they know they are. They are so sweet and loving. After trauma they stick by me. I'm sure you will find a wonderful one.

I’m cross posting this from the birthday swap (some of you are on both threads). The reason my ballerina quilt & shams are taking some time is because I was making & entered a quilt into my first contest, sponsored by laundry basket quilts, it is their 4th of July fabric contest. You can vote for your favorites by liking-heart symbol (you can vote for more than one), I decided to make a memorial quilt for my friend Nannette who received the Halloween boom quilt last year in July from our boom swap, about a month before she passed in August (so grateful for that boom quilt). I’m attaching a pic of this quilt, it is called Born on the 4th of July you can search for Nannette and it will pop up. I”d appreciate it if you would consider voting with a heart symbol. Here is the link. There are a lot of beautiful quilts posted and they will get you in a patriotic mood for the holiday next week.

https://pollunit.com/en/polls/lbq_4th_of_july

thanks & hugs!
Attached Thumbnails img_0543.jpeg  
Old 06-27-2024, 06:03 AM

Reba your quilt is stunning. Voted for you again today.

TG sounds like a lovely time and fresh lobster oh my

Janice our Rio was a rescue and it’s the way we would go again.
Old 06-27-2024, 06:08 AM

Rescue is the only way we roll!
Old 06-27-2024, 09:13 AM
Power Poster

Hooray, got my Juki quilter working properly again! I just knew it was a needle issue, so I changed back to the original needles that came with the machine. Then some major experimentation with tension adjustments and it finally sews right! Got my QOV quilt done last night.

TG, lobsters at the campground! You are living your best life, for sure! Enjoy those lovely times.
Old 06-27-2024, 09:21 AM
Power Poster

Reba, LOVE the patriotic quilt. I will be happy to vote!
Your ballerina quilt is beautiful, too. I'm sure the friend it's meant for will love it!