Boom 31 Spring

Old 06-27-2024, 12:05 PM

Love your quilt , Reba. I voted. Love the ballerina quilt too. And Terri , your quit's colors alone should keep you warm while camping. Good job on that one! I know I've been quiet lately. Sorry, just a little bummed out with the last test results. I'm still reading and following along with everybody's going-ons. Seeing gorgeous quilts makes me smile so keep it up Ladies.
Old 06-27-2024, 01:14 PM

Hello, Libster! Good to hear from you. I’m sorry your test results must not have been as good as you hoped. (((Hugs))). I’ll keep you in my thoughts.

Originally Posted by Libster
Love your quilt , Reba. I voted. Love the ballerina quilt too. And Terri , your quit's colors alone should keep you warm while camping. Good job on that one! I know I've been quiet lately. Sorry, just a little bummed out with the last test results. I'm still reading and following along with everybody's going-ons. Seeing gorgeous quilts makes me smile so keep it up Ladies.
Old 06-27-2024, 05:33 PM

Here’s my little 36x36 Boom 31 ballet slipper quilt for Project Linus. I’m doing better with the machine binding but there’s still plenty of room for improvement. And, somehow, I inadvertently moved the blocks out of order again but they are staying that way. My machine is acting normally now so that’s good.

Have a pleasant evening.
Attached Thumbnails img_6006.jpeg  
Old 06-27-2024, 10:32 PM
Power Poster

Sweet little quilt, Janice! Somebody is bound to love it.

Libster, great to hear from you! I'm sorry your test results weren't good but remember that God can change any situation. And He loves you! I'll be praying...
Old 06-28-2024, 04:00 AM

I’m pleased the way the slipper quilt came out but if doing that one again, I’d work harder to find a coordinating fabric for the sashing. Just didn’t like anything with it. I’ll be more particular in the future. Here are my Bunny Love blocks as they came out of the packets. Will have to make at least one more or I might have enough for several more to make it larger. We’ll see. Thank you all for the lovely blocks!
Attached Thumbnails img_6008.jpeg  
Old 06-28-2024, 05:08 AM

My goodness you are on a role. Janice, McC. Do you eat or sleep? From time to time, all projects line up just right and the production line begins. This must be your time. Congrats on a finish, and the start of a layout for your bunnies.
Old 06-28-2024, 05:41 AM

Funny you should ask about sleeping since I was awake at 4am this morning! I sure do sleep, lots in fact. Usually grab a nap mid-day. This getting older is not for the faint of heart. Honestly, I have a gazillion Boom blocks I’ve never done anything with and now that I can QAYG and meander, putting them together is fairly fast and easy. I’m just pulling out one set after another between Booms and getting a small pile ready for PL. I did decide to just make one more block and happily discovered that SBG included 8 flying geese she didn’t use with her Bunny Love block. I made a churn dash variation with them so I’ve now got 12 blocks, a small lap sized quilt or crib quilt. Time to change feet, cut some backings and batting and get quilting!

Thank you, SBG!

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
My goodness you are on a role. Janice, McC. Do you eat or sleep? From time to time, all projects line up just right and the production line begins. This must be your time. Congrats on a finish, and the start of a layout for your bunnies.
Old 06-28-2024, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

Love the quilts on the last few pages. It's fun to see the finishes. Yay, everyone!
Libster, sorry about the test results. Hoping you get some better news soon.

I need to get a pic of my Boom quilt, not the last one but the one before where I used Kaffe Fassett fabric. I love how it turned out and Mookie has already enjoyed it lol.
I still have my first Boom blocks on my board. I need to get going on them. So I now have 2 sets to work with. I've been outside more than usual so haven't done much sewing.
Old 06-28-2024, 04:54 PM

After all our chatter about weird weather this spring and summer, I wanted to let folks on the thread that today was cloudy and about 75 degrees. It started a slow easy drizzle about an hour ago and is just about perfect for good sleeping and calm watering of my marsh, trees, and grass. The robins are chirping back and forth in the rain calling on their neighbors to come out for the worm feast. This is the balance to the hot, strong storms and winds that blow down trees. Ahhhh, lovely.

Old 06-28-2024, 07:05 PM
Power Poster

Oh, forgot about sending the 8 flying geese, Janice. I must have had them left over when I realized my second block for you was headed towards being a 16" block! I'm pleased they came in handy for a whole new block.

I have a couple of finishes lately, all Booms. One is already given away, but I posted a pic of it as a top (the Tarzanimals print). Forgot to snap a pic of it quilted before it went out the door. I also just finished the second little Caterpillar machines (construction machines) quilt and only need to add binding. I'm in progress on the last Christmas boom quilt... the one before the one you all just finished for me. When I get home it will be the first quilt quilted. It's so nice to have the machine working well again. After those are done I'll do the most recent Boom blocks. Two "Party Animals" quilts and one Christmas, with the blue Santa fabric. Then I'll be all caught up on Boomwork.

I just got to Memphis tonight. I'm planning a quick visit to touch bases with the grandkids, maybe a week, and then I'll head back home. I'm pretty pooped from the drive, and will be hitting the hay earlier tonight.

Enjoy your weekends!