Boom 31 Spring

Old 07-05-2024, 04:55 PM

Good evening. Hope everyone had a good week. I’m in Kansas visiting my son. It’s been great. Got to run up north to the Missouri Star Quilt Co. I’ve wanted to see it for years so this was a fun opportunity. What a cute little town and an amazing display of colors, fabric, tools, you name it.

I’ll be home very soon and ready to start Boom 32 in a few weeks. Have a lovely weekend!
Old 07-07-2024, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

How fun you got to go to Hamilton and see MO Star, Janice! Hubby and I stopped by there on our way back south from visiting our son and family in Iowa. Never seen anything like it! I hope to return for a retreat one day.

We have been having a great time with the kids and grandkids. They are such a blessing! I'll be in Memphis a couple more days then go home to MS.

Looking forward to the next Boom! I'll be picking out fabrics and getting my baggies ready when I get home.
Old 07-08-2024, 04:45 AM

I have been trying to make fabric choice for the next boom. Thinking a two color quilt. Hope that is OK and not too limiting for the rest of you. Once again, picking from stash.
Old 07-08-2024, 08:18 AM
Power Poster

Sounds great, WMUT. Two color quilts can be so pretty. We've done many in this group!

Have no idea what I will send at this point. Have to get home and dig through the stash to find some pretties with the most yardage. It takes 2.5 yards to cut up into 20 F8s. I'm sure I have some pieces that big.
Old 07-08-2024, 01:48 PM

WMUTeach, some of my favorite quilts are two color quilts! I’m happy to receive a fabric and pair it with a single color.

SBG, we drove through Memphis and spent a night in W. Memphis, Arkansas, on the way to Kansas. Had dinner at Hattie B’s for hot chicken. We loved it! Our new favorite hot chicken place! Have a safe trip home.

We arrived a couple of hours ago. So good to be home after such a long drive back. It was a terrific time with our younger DS and his DGF. They have two small dogs so we got some puppy time in. Not quite the same experience as having a pittie sit on your lap, but it was very much welcomed.

Have a great week, Boomers!

Old 07-08-2024, 02:23 PM

I am off camping and I used a few words I don’t think I have ever used before. Hubby bought a screen house for my bday and said it was exactly what I wanted. I replied I wanted a gazelle or clam because of how easy they are to set up. Nope he said I wasn’t strong enough to set them up. Well let me tell you this baby and I went about 10 rounds in the heat and it won.grrrrr. Lots of bugs so as soon as my body cools down and my temper I’ll be giving it the ole Girl Scout try once again. Hubby keeps offering to come help me but that isn’t fair to him. This was all my brilliant idea and I need to figure it out. Which I have, the rotten thing is going back . Other then that I am totally enjoying sitting in the shade sewing my binding on
Old 07-08-2024, 04:24 PM

Ah, Terriamn, you made me laugh. Don't mess with a strong and determined woman! Especially when she has a needle and scissors close by.
Old 07-09-2024, 02:48 AM

Oh my goodness, Terriamn! Funny to read about, not funny to experience. Glad you found a nice spot to enjoy while you bind.

Old 07-10-2024, 08:22 AM
Power Poster

Enjoy the camping anyway, Terri! Down here it's been way too hot to be outside for very long.

Janice, my daughter has a lovely B&B on the back of her Victorian house on Peabody St. Next time you need a resting place in Memphis... Most all the B&Bs in Memphis are Elvis themed, or Memphis music themed, but hers is like an English cottage. Her hubby is British and she is also a dual citizen (American/Brit), so there is a lot of English influence there! Their guests have all been very happy.

I thought I'd be going home by now but my sweet hubby just encouraged me to stay in Memphis longer if I like... so will probably be here a few more days. No sewing to speak of.

Old 07-10-2024, 02:56 PM

The cottage B&B sounds like a charming resting spot. A little touch of Great Britain in Memphis. Who knew?