Boom 31 Spring

Old 07-15-2024, 03:56 PM

Hello. Been busy and haven’t been online, but finally looking to see all your wonderful adventures!
Terriamn i absolutely love your mini and changing room. And inside is so nice and room and bright with quilt and lights! You are rocking it
Finished two baby quilts and started laying out your beautiful blocks. Still not sure on arrangement!
More as I get it done
Attached Thumbnails img_3076.jpeg  
Old 07-15-2024, 09:44 PM
Power Poster

I see my two blocks, TG. It’s going to be beautiful. Awesome blocks.

I finally got this little quilt quilted. It will be donated next week.

Attached Thumbnails img_4578.jpeg  
Old 07-16-2024, 04:06 AM

This must be the "Week of Boom Progress!" I like your sashing SBG and TG the triple sashing will add overall size to the quilt as well as a consistent color but not outshine the blocks. A double win..
Old 07-16-2024, 05:58 AM

Oh fun lots of great eye candy this morning. Sewbiz your sashing is perfect for your quilt, nice finish some child is going to be thrilled. TG great layout can’t wait to see how you quilt it. Reba your top is gorgeous, so many little pieces. You are very talented.

I went to my sewing room to start cutting out a new quilt and ended up starting an entire new project. This will be an on going project, simple but fun
Old 07-16-2024, 06:30 AM

TG and Sewbiz, what beautiful finishes. The transportation quilt is just precious, and the batiks are fantastic. Eye candy today! Hugs!
Old 07-17-2024, 02:06 PM

Good evening, Boomers. Love seeing the work on your Boom quilts, TG and SBG. What a cute quilt to donate, SBG. It turned out great. I look forward to seeing yours completed soon, TG. Like how your sashing doesn’t upstage your blocks.

I haven’t been doing any piecing for several weeks now. I just seem to be moving things around, mulling them and putting them away. I’m in the doldrums, unable to stick to any project. I guess this will pass when it passes. Not going to force it.

Haven’t been able to find someone willing to work on my old Kenmore. I’m about to give up on her. Such a shame since she’s been virtually flawless for 40 plus years. Oh, well. Maybe a new machine is in my future.

DH is about to grill some burgers so I’m off to make the salad. Have a nice evening.
Old 07-18-2024, 10:56 AM
Power Poster

How fun that you may be shopping for a new machine, Janice. Is the old Kenmore your main machine? For some reason, I thought you were sewing on a Juki. I have a Juki 2010Q and love it.

Well, we had an unwanted visitor the other night... I was out walking the property at dusk, trying to go when it was a bit cooler than during the day. At one point I glanced down and realization hit me that I was about to step on a copperhead snake! Right out in front of our house, too, maybe 50 or 60 feet from the front steps. We haven't seen one here in like 30 years, as we have good king snakes around. Never had to worry... I ran back in the house and alerted DH and he came out with a broom, LOL. No Dad, this one has to be killed. So the nearest tool we found were some post hole diggers and when we got back to where the snake was, the dummy was still in the same spot. We nearly stepped on him again, trying to find him in the dark. DH chopped his head off in short order. Whew. Praying we never see another.

I'm so glad copperheads are not really aggressive. They just want to be left alone and will not bite unless touched. But we couldn't have one near the house.
Old 07-18-2024, 03:03 PM

Gees Sewbiz I jump when I see our friendly and very large resident garner snake. Can’t imagine seeing a poisonous snake.

My sister is looking for a new machine. She isn’t your average seamstress or quilter, she pieces hundred and hundreds and hundreds if not thousand of blocks and sews them into tops and the rest of us help sandwich and tie the quilts for the missions. She keeps 8 of us busy. Money is tight for her and she is thrifty. But I keep telling her to get a straight stitch machine that stitches fast as can be. Told her the initial outlay is more but she goes through sewing machines faster than anyone I know. Thought I finally made my point she was looking at a Juki and a refurbished Brother. Then I get a text asking what I thought of a Janome Memory Craft with the embroidery accessories. I asked her if she was going to get back into embroidery? She said no but you are always talking about how you love all your Janomes. I must not be making myself clear. My head hurts from banging it against the wall
Old 07-18-2024, 04:25 PM
Power Poster

I can vouch for how fast the Juki 2010Q sews. It just roars through the fabric, as fast or as slow as you want. I want fast. Love it for that.
Old 07-19-2024, 02:41 AM

I love the juki TL2010Q! It’s a straight stitch and sews like a dream at whatever speed you desire. I don’t sew that fast as I make mistakes so I keep it slower. SBG, i originally got the juki for quilting and used the Kenmore for piecing and other sewing. It has zigzag along with many other stitches as well as straight stitch. I don’t use the other stitches often but it’s tough being without the zigzag. Need to get another non-straight stitch machine. I don’t need top of the line but I want a nice machine.

Terriamn, I know that feeling of not being heard. People will hear when they’re ready to hear.

We tried to go to a little carnival last night with the family. Instead, the skies opened up and there was a deluge! lol. Went out to dinner instead, soaking wet I might andd, and the little darlings were, umm, not darlings. Think we’ll hold off going out to eat with them for 6 months or so.

Have a good weekend!