Boom 31 Spring

Old 07-25-2024, 03:46 AM

Ta-Da two more fine finishes or nearly finished finishes. Washing off the dog hair makes me laugh. I wash off, brush off and pick off cat fur and frequently need to slow down or stop my quilting to pull off a long gray hair from the sandwich so as not to quilt it "in". Hum, wonder where that came from?
Old 07-25-2024, 05:55 AM

TG and Sewbiz, both of your quilts turned out great, they are going to make the recipients very happy

I am in the process of trimming 70 8.5” blocks into 8.25” squares, then need to add my 2.5” boarders around each block. Very happy with the results so far.
Old 07-25-2024, 01:56 PM

TG and SBG, wonderful finishes!!! TG, I think I understand your process. However you did it, it turned out great. SBG, some lucky child will love your Christmas quilt during what may likely be a rough time for them.

I was working on my post for Boom 32 and I realized it’s now been almost ten years since I took over the swap. Can hardly believe it.

Tomorrow I’m going to have coffee with a new quilter. She’s part of the ladies group I have lunches, coffee and outings with periodically. Recently I mentioned I liked quilting and she asked for tips. I don’t know what tips I can share that could help her as I’m still what I consider a beginner FMQ’er but I’ll try.

I hardly dare to say it but it’s not raining right this minute. We’ve had about 10 days of rain, heavy rain. I love rainy days but this deluge has just sunk me into a funk. Rain is still in the forecast for at least several more days. Ugh.

Hope you have a nice evening.
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM
Power Poster

Congrats on 10 years, Janice! You have turned this into a really great swap.

We have had lots of rain and overcast days here too. My daughter and her family flew across the country to Malibu to go to the beaches and visit some friends they know there. She sent me a screenshot of the weather on her phone... every day for the next week will be 72 degrees and sunny. Couldn't ask for more perfect weather, the Lucky Ducks!

Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM

Hi all, I'm so looking forward to the next boom, and I have multiple ideas gurgling around in the noggin. It's been a while since anyone asked for a 2-color block, and a little while since anyone did a QOV, I think the last one was SBG and that turned out so nice. I picked up a nice panel with lavender plants on it, I'm thinking of that one for some of the blocks. Congrats Janice on 10 years, that's amazing and I'm super grateful ;-). I was thinking it might be nice to meet everyone on a zoom call maybe on a Saturday or Sunday morning with some coffee? I have a zoom account and would be happy to host if anyone is interested. Hugs and happy Friday everyone!
Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM

Reba a zoom call would be a great way to chat with everyone.

Janice we have had a ridiculous amount of rain and unfortunately it looks it is going to follow us to the UP

It is hard to believe you have been hosting the boom swaps for 10 years already Janice. I believe I was a member for several years before you took over the hosting. Enjoy your time with the new quilter

Yucky overcast morning but it turned into a beautiful afternoon, 4 of us couples floated the afternoon away and solved all of the world’s problems. LOL
Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM

Reba, it would be fun to meet "face to face". I would vote for Saturday because my Sunday morning are already spoken for. I am going for a two color quilt this time for sure. Still haven't picked out the specific fabric yet. I keep waffling about which color to use.