Boom 31 Spring

Old 03-06-2024, 05:20 PM

There were no color requests as I recall. Let me check
mine again…nope. Nothing on the note.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Could someone check their notes and tell me what Macybaby wanted with her red and blue calico print? Mine had a blank note in it. Thanks!
Old 03-06-2024, 05:23 PM

Libster- just saw the beautiful green and blue block. It pops! Exactly what I was looking for!

loving the booms let us try new things. PP, appliqué, working with different colors. I once looked back at blocks I used to make for booms as a newbie and how nervous I was. Niw u enjoy each block, and try to think outside my box. Thanks for helping me grow!

Worked on a few blocks. Reworked on one quite a few times! Need to get large cutting board from under mattress when DH gets off it. Will post tomorrow
Old 03-06-2024, 05:25 PM
Power Poster

Terri, love the Christmassy block for Susie. And thanks for the info on Macybaby’s calico.
Old 03-06-2024, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

I Know what you mean, TG. Doing these Booms is a real growth experience. I think we all become better quilters through it. When I look back on my first Boom blocks they look so boring.
Old 03-06-2024, 06:23 PM

Travelinggramma, you mentioned thinking outside the box and it reminded me of Kassaundra. Remember? She didn't have a box! I get stuck in my rather small box so I think I'm going to do as you are and expand my repertoire in my next set of blocks. Just printed off a few relatively easy pp patterns and am going for other traditionally pieced blocks that are more difficult. If I can piece those little 365 blocks, I can piece almost anything. Except baskets. I hate baskets and they hate me. LOL

Old 03-06-2024, 08:06 PM

Sewbiz sweet block for Macybaby and fun block for HAV

I have also branched out on blocks and have learned I enjoy certain techniques much better than others and like to make blocks I enjoy making. Such as piecing half square triangles and flying geese. There are so many different ways of making the same pattern. HST’s aren’t user friendly for me, have to be at my best game when ever I make them but I love making flying geese. Hope some day I find a way to make HST’s that I feel good about
Old 03-06-2024, 10:37 PM
Power Poster

I always love your blocks, Terri! I’m the opposite of you: not great at flying geese at all. Have you tried the 8 at a time method for making HSTs? You can find it on YouTube. It’s very easy.

Here is another block for Macybaby, Glorified 9 Patch.
Attached Thumbnails img_4126.jpeg  
Old 03-07-2024, 01:22 AM

Sewbiz, that block for Macybaby speaks to me. Well done!
Old 03-07-2024, 03:45 AM

Good morning. I am all caught up on blocks in the gallery. If any are missing or misnamed, let me know. Love all the gorgeous blocks. It's hard to keep up with your sewing! I believe were up to 87 blocks already. Wow. SBG, love the newest block, the nine patch for Macybaby.

Today DH and I are going out to a little Greek restaurant for lunch. I'm also going to take a couple of my paperback quilting books to Office Depot or Staples and have them spiral bind them so they'll stay flat for copying pp patterns. Pup continues to hold her own and we're happy for each day.

Terriamn, I use a 12 inch long, half inch wide Omnigrid ruler with a line down the middle and mark the sewing lines vs. marking the center line and stitching 1/4 inch away for hsts. If I do it with a single line, I sew wonky. Also, if I'm making a lot of them, I do use the Magic 8 hsts and use two large squares, again marking the sewing lines. Love flying geese as well and I use the shortcut to making 4 at a time as I often need multiples of 4 anyway.I also just realized that today's 365 block is a flower basket. I jinxed myself by complaining about flower baskets. Oh, well, guess I'll be working to get it right in miniature.

Have a happy day!
Originally Posted by terriamn
Sewbiz sweet block for Macybaby and fun block for HAV

I have also branched out on blocks and have learned I enjoy certain techniques much better than others and like to make blocks I enjoy making. Such as piecing half square triangles and flying geese. There are so many different ways of making the same pattern. HST’s aren’t user friendly for me, have to be at my best game when ever I make them but I love making flying geese. Hope some day I find a way to make HST’s that I feel good about

Last edited by Janice McC; 03-07-2024 at 03:53 AM.
Old 03-07-2024, 04:43 AM

Just did a peruse of the gallery. I like seeing the photo of the original fabric sent by each boomer.