Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 32 Signup Now Open through Aug 8 >
  • Boom 32 Signup Now Open through Aug 8

• Boom 32 Signup Now Open through Aug 8

Old 07-28-2024, 04:08 PM

I just sent you an email for signing up, Janice. Yay, I would love to join in another Boom! My life is a wild ride currently, but I am not giving up my sewing time entirely! It's amazing how much stitching one can get done in 10 minutes here and there throughout the week. I am excited to play with everyone's fabrics and join in some fun chatting!
    Old 07-28-2024, 04:14 PM

I have not been able to watch the Olympics for way to long..... but this time I turn on the TV when I get up in the morning and then off when I go to bed. I have watched rugby or the first time, women's mountain biking, swimming, gymnastics, water polo and every minute of the opening ceremonies. If you missed the opening find it and watch. It was unusual, spectacular, very French and colorful, glittery to the max. Fun with music from Lady GaGa, heavy metal to opera and of course the French national anthem.
    Old 07-28-2024, 04:16 PM

Oh, NZ, I just saw you are joining, Yeah. It will be good to see your work again and know that you are taking care of you by following your joy of sewing.
    Old 07-29-2024, 02:25 AM

Three more Boomers have signed up, NZQuilter, who has already posted, RebaQuilts, and Hav4boys. Great start! I hope we get a newbie or two as well.

If you are reading this, please sign up and join the fun! The more, the merrier!

I’m off to walk.
    Old 07-29-2024, 04:25 AM

I’m going to try to get my quilting partner Sara to join me in doing the boom. I’ve missed all of you!
    Old 07-29-2024, 04:54 AM

Mjp, that would be grand! Hope you both join. Good to hear from you!
    Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas
    I’m going to try to get my quilting partner Sara to join me in doing the boom. I’ve missed all of you!
    Old 07-29-2024, 06:24 AM

Just sent in for three months. We are “planning” on leaving NH after Labor Day crowds and head to Eastern Ling Island NY yo visit relatives for a week. Then head to AZ. Plan on being there by end of September so that will still give me time.

bonus- just found 3+ yards to send
    Old 07-29-2024, 08:19 AM

Default Count me in

Good morning all

Email and PM sent. Oh, I look forward to playing with everyone's fabric and reading about the exploits.

The next bit is long and personal so skip it if you want.

This year has been hectic. It's a year of replacing expensive stuff, buying expensive stuff, and repairing expensive stuff. Ever have one of those times? Air conditioner, dishwasher, long arm, lawn mower, camper, boats, and trucks. Yikes!

Hubby had his.right leg amputated in March. He dealt with the constant surgeries and pain for over 3 years. Now he's relatively pain-free, thank God. He's mobile with his scooter and manual wheelchair. He just got fitted for a full leg prosthesis but is still too tender to wear it.

We outfitted his truck with a left foot accelerator, which helps him drive, but he is stuck inside unless someone is with him. I bought a Ram Promaster and we added a wheelchair lift and hand controls so he has a vehicle that he can drive and use by himself. Gives him more independence. Means I don't have to manipulate his wheelchair or scooter. Those are heavy!

Anyway, we are making it just fine. Friends joined us for a good meal last night. He is happier and busier than he has been. I am finishing a backlog of quilt tops and WIPs. Life is good 👍

Last edited by All2Pieces; 07-29-2024 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Old 07-29-2024, 09:08 AM

Ok!!! Three more signups: Cheesehead, Travelinggramma and All2pieces.

A2P, I’m happy to hear that your hubby is doing better. Such a big change for him, heck, for you both. I hope he continues to improve and continues to regain his freedom. Sorry to hear about all the expensive purchases but isn’t that the way it goes sometimes? Hopefully you’re all done in that department. Oh, fyi, I got your pm but not your email. Be sure to check the email address at the end of the post.

Guess I better start to make a list of who wants what and see how we are looking. I’ll get to it later today I hope.
    Old 07-29-2024, 01:11 PM

All2P so glad your hubby is almost finally pain free.

MJP hope you and your fiend join us, I have missed you

The cottage we are renting is on the Choplay River. We started the day with coffee and bagels on the patio overlooking the river. Then off to be tourists, went to the quilt shop out in the country. A very cute place, the owner is a pattern designer and I bought 1 of her house patterns and a pin cushion kit out of wool. Yes I gave away all my wool when we moved, now what is a gal supposed to do. Had lunch at a brewery, service here so far has been horrendous but the food has been fabulous. Ended the afternoon by driving through the forests. The forests mesmorize meand I feel like a giddy little kid playing in the rain. A big storm is blowing in and you can feel the temp dropping quickly.
    Attached Thumbnails img_0257.jpeg