Hav4boys - 2 & 3 mo
    RebaQuilts - 2 & 3 mo
    NZQuilter - 3 mo
    TravelingGramma - 3 mo
    Cheesehead - 3 mo
    All2Pieces - 3 mo

If you spot a mistake, let me know.

Have a pleasant evening.

Last edited by Janice McC; 07-29-2024 at 03:52 PM.
    Old 07-29-2024, 06:17 PM

Hello all. Life has been absolutely crazy for me lately, but I am hoping I am settled enough now to at least lurk on this thread and watch your blocks come in. Unfortunately, not settled enough to participate.

What a great view you have Terriamn!
    Old 07-29-2024, 10:15 PM
    Power Poster

Wow... I don't check in for a day or so and this thread is JUMPIN"! So glad to see old friends returning to the swap. We have missed you all!

A2P, how amazing you and your hubby are! So glad he's out of pain, and has a great attitude. And you too, as his helper and supporter. Hope all the expensive stuff has been replaced now and will last for years to come. Seems stuff like that always comes in clusters!

I'm so excited that our swap is filling up so fast. I'm still thinking about what fabric to send for what kind of quilt. ???????? I would love to get all my previous boom blocks finished up and into quilts before the new swap comes home. They do pile up, if you don't finish them right away.

Later, Chicks....
    Old 07-30-2024, 03:57 AM

Good to hear from you, LAF. I hope life has been crazy in a good way. Please feel free to check in and let us know what’s up with you and share any quilting you might be doing. Take care!

Originally Posted by LAF2019
    Hello all. Life has been absolutely crazy for me lately, but I am hoping I am settled enough now to at least lurk on this thread and watch your blocks come in. Unfortunately, not settled enough to participate.

What a great view you have Terriamn!
    Old 07-30-2024, 04:02 AM

Terri, beautiful view you have there. Don’t you just love the sound of water? I’d be on that deck too with my coffee, soaking in the sounds. Enjoy the rest of your adventure.
    Old 07-30-2024, 05:57 AM

Terri -- I am imagining myself on your porch over the waterfall --- Ahhhhhhhh...

A2P - You and your hubby have been through some changes! It sounds like you are getting through it beautifully. The piecing of life, right? Great to see you again.

I am heading to CA through the ninth. I don't expect to be online much so I expect lots of fun things to catch up on when I return. I will ship fabric to Janice when I get back.
    Old 07-30-2024, 08:03 AM

Thanks all for the kind thoughts. We all have challenges, I realize that. I wish everyone peace and grace as you navigate your way through.
    Ibex - You said it well. "The piecing of life" is right. Take care and stay safe.
    Janice - resending email asap.
    Old 07-30-2024, 09:07 AM

A2P- keep sharing as I can hold you up in pray. Plus it keeps the pieces of my life in perspective.

i have sorting through my stash I have accumulated over the past 2+ years of travel. Just put large pieces in piles. And pile for over a FQ.
    Now the “less than a FQ” pile gets cut down to 5” squares. Leftovers cut to 2.5” squares. Can’t keep anything else.

Wish I had that water view yo look at while doing the cutting!
    3” rain fell last night, flooding the roads that were flooded on the 11th. So much damage north of us again.
    Old 07-30-2024, 09:25 AM

All2Pieces, I commiserate on all the big expenses going out at once! We had a tire blow out on Hubby's car, our dishwasher leaks, four of our window AC units quit in 100° degree heat wave and then we had a small tornado that destroyed some trees and now we need them chopped down. Oh, and our lawnmower is officially dead too! We have to just take one day and one expense at a time!

But on a happier note, I loaded a baby quilt onto the long arm this morning. I'm hoping to get a bit of quilting done during the little ones' naps this afternoon.
    Old 07-30-2024, 09:56 AM
    Power Poster

I think I have found my boom fabric! Not long ago Reba gifted me with a bunch of the Lorelei Bee prints. I think I will use those! It’s such a fun, upbeat line of fabric, sure to be fun to play with.