Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 32 Signup Now Open through Aug 8 >
  • Boom 32 Signup Now Open through Aug 8

• Boom 32 Signup Now Open through Aug 8

Old 07-31-2024, 03:06 PM
    Power Poster

Here’s my first block for the Bee quilt. I fussy cut the ladies print, but that is not a request, per se. You can chop up the fabrics any way you like.
    Attached Thumbnails img_5048.jpeg  
    Old 07-31-2024, 04:02 PM

Darling block, SBG!
    Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Here’s my first block for the Bee quilt. I fussy cut the ladies print, but that is not a request, per se. You can chop up the fabrics any way you like.
    This evening, DH and I are going to star watch as long as the skies remain clear. It’s a favorite pastime but weather hasn’t cooperated for weeks. That horrible storm that we had last night left an adjacent neighbor’s 75 foot tree struck by lightning. This is the 2nd tree he’s lost in 2 years to lightning. Both were just at the edge of our property and we had bits of tree blown in our yard. Could have been much worse!

Managed a little sewing on a Bonnie Hunter scrappy project. I didn’t do much but I’m satisfied I sewed at all.
    Old 08-01-2024, 02:42 AM

My info has been sent. I am always excited for this swap.
    Old 08-01-2024, 03:17 AM

Here is the fabric I have chosen for my blocks. I want all the bright colors used in the block, no black or brown. Now just to wash, cut and bag up.
    Attached Thumbnails img_0121.jpeg  
    Old 08-01-2024, 04:15 AM

Which Bonnie Hunter quilt are you making, Janice? I've taken a fancy to string blocks lately (lovely mindless sewing that I can do half awake, lol!) and I'm chipping away at Roll Roll Cotton Ball. I have kitted up in zip lock bags her Garden Path for a later day, and I have my eye on her Pfeffernüsse pattern from one of her books. So many patterns and so little time!

Lstew, what a pretty fabric! I look forward to playing with it! SBG, your quilt is going to be a fun one!
    Old 08-01-2024, 04:36 AM

Sewbiz fun block.

Lstew love your fabric and the color choices you want

Yesterday was another quilt shop and the place was huge. Nothing around it to keep hubby amused and he went in with me. He couldn’t believe the size of the shop. They had long arms set up, she was also a Bernina dealer . I love rulers and found a couple must haves and ordered a pattern that will be great to show off the fabric. Hubby said he would even go back again today if I wanted to. Lots of antique sewing machines and toy sewing machines, the old wood thread drawers and scissors. Lots of fun
    Old 08-01-2024, 05:30 AM

That sounds like a heaven on earth, terriamn!

I was digging through my totes of fabric yesterday, looking for a perfect Boom fabric, and I uncovered this Civil War print that I had forgotten that I had picked up at an estate sale earlier this year. There is just enough for generous 10x20 pieces too! I washed it, ironed it and now it's bagged up and ready for labels when I get time later. I'm going to be asking for dark blues and dark reds only.
    Attached Thumbnails img_20240801_082049920.jpg  
    Old 08-01-2024, 07:13 AM
    Power Poster

Welcome back, Lstew! Fun fabric you've picked.

Glad you are back too, NZQ! The Civil War quilt will be beautiful in your color scheme.

Ibex, so glad you have time to do this swap with us. You are so good at lurking, it seems you've never left. Can't wait to see your and everyone's fabric choices.

Have a wonderful day, All! I'm off to get a broken molar fixed... a crown, most likely. UGH.

Old 08-01-2024, 10:11 AM

As you already know, Lstew2212 is back again for Boom 32. Yay!

Janice McC- 3 mo
    WMUTeach - 3 mo
    Sewbizgirl - 3 mo
    Terriamn - 2 & 3 mo
    Ibex94 - 3 mo
    Hav4boys - 2 & 3 mo
    RebaQuilts - 2 & 3 mo
    NZQuilter - 3 mo
    TravelingGramma - 3 mo
    Cheesehead - 3 mo
    All2Pieces - 3 mo
    Lstew2212 - 3 mo

If you spot a mistake, let me know.

I found a dark grey and black mottled fabric that I’m going to send and ask for good contrasting tone on tones, preferably multiple shades of the same color in each block. I’m not sure how my “vision” with the grey/black is going to work out but we’ll give it a try.

Today was supposed to be a day free of rain but... Good grief. Hope you’re having a good day. I’m going back to my scrappy project.

Old 08-01-2024, 12:59 PM

SewBiz, I'm happy you are going to make use of the fabric ;-) I got that in a huge bundle from our local LAQ shop Accomplish Quilting, together with some background fabrics, a huge piece of another fabric I "needed" and a pretty honey bun. I kept the background and the one I needed and had all of that Lorelei fabric. Now I get to make something with it! Cool!

I've been toying around with a red-white or blue-white theme. Or a movie theme. We shall see. I had mentioned coffee on zoom on a Saturday morning, but I think we have some west coast people, so we would need to figure out a time that wouldn't be too early for west coast and too late for east coast. I think it would be nice to put a face with a name ;-)

Hugs all and can't wait to get started!