Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 32 Signup Now Open through Aug 8 >
  • Boom 32 Signup Now Open through Aug 8

• Boom 32 Signup Now Open through Aug 8

Old 08-01-2024, 04:08 PM

I am still fiddling about choosing fabric(s) for this boom. I continue to think of going for two color blocks. I pulled a couple cuts from my stash of fall colors that just need to find a purpose. I know I have a little time but I would like to get the packages ready to go. I also just ordered a wide back from Missouri Star that would make a good two color option. Humm decisions, decisions.
    Old 08-01-2024, 06:19 PM
    Power Poster

Reba, I love the variety of Loralei (I spell it different every time I write it) fabrics you sent me. Perfect for a sampler quilt... er, Boom quilt! I hope we all have fun with it. Hope everyone likes yellow!

I survived the dentist. 'nuff said.
    Old 08-02-2024, 02:07 AM

Good morning, Boomers!

Any fence sitters out there? Come join us! We’d love to have a few more people and if you would be a newbie to our swap, we can all walk you through it. You'll find great camaraderie and fun here. Jump on in!

Even though we have a week left for signups, it’s an easy guess that we won’t have enough people to run a two month group. As in the past, you can double up in the three month group.

Quiet day ahead walking and sewing my 3-1/2 inch scrappy blocks.

Have a fabulous day!

Old 08-02-2024, 04:16 AM

I am so sad not to see Libster here. Sending you lots of hugs and good thoughts Libby

Yesterday I hit the mother load at the last quilt shop on our list, Alley Kat. Found a couple more rulers, a package of tear away quilting design and a fabulous kit of Kaffe fabrics and the pattern Cabin Chills. So excited to jump into the quilt but have several projects ahead of it

Last edited by terriamn; 08-02-2024 at 04:29 AM.
    Old 08-02-2024, 05:43 AM

Default Good morning all

Hi exeryone. Whew! People have been busy! I love seeing all the fabric and reading about your adventures.

Deciding what to send is always difficult for me. Most of the time I send one fabric and receive such beautiful blocks in return. Recently I got some wonderful fat quarter bundles. That may be perfect for this Boom. I'll post my final choice when I make up my mind.

Yesterday hubby drove his truck the 45 miles to town. He is getting used to the left foot accelerator and that's a good thing 🚚
    Y'all stay safe on your travels 🙏
    Old 08-02-2024, 05:58 AM

Terriamn, Libster didn’t sign up right away the last time so I’m hoping she will in the coming days. It wouldn’t seem right without her, would it? Hoping you are up to joining this round, Libster. Sending lots of (((hugs))).

A2P, congrats to your hubby! What a freeing experience it must be for him to go for a long drive.
    Old 08-02-2024, 02:27 PM
    Power Poster

I've been thinking about Libster, too. Hope she is doing well. Last time she posted she said her most recent test results were not where she'd hoped they would be. Praying for full healing and health for her. She is definitely missed.
    Old 08-02-2024, 07:19 PM

Reading these post and hearing how everyone’s families are doing, really made me realize how much I miss this group.​​​​
    Old 08-03-2024, 06:52 AM

Lstew, I agree totally. It’s special to be privy to other people’s lives just a bit, isn’t it?
    Originally Posted by Lstew2212
    Reading these post and hearing how everyone’s families are doing, really made me realize how much I miss this group.​​​​
    Old 08-03-2024, 10:01 AM

I have never been in any group that is so open, concerned, supportive and caring about each others. "Boomers" seem like a group of friends who meet from time to time to quilt with one another.