Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 32 Signup Now Open through Aug 8 >
  • Boom 32 Signup Now Open through Aug 8

• Boom 32 Signup Now Open through Aug 8

Old 08-07-2024, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by LogCabin82
    I am thinking about whether or not to join. Things have been getting progressively worse with my dad, and I just don't know what the next few months are going to be like, I'm also dealing with some health problems of my own and exhausted a lot of the time.
    sending you, your dad and your family prayers and healing prayers for yourself. Do hope you can join us.
    Old 08-07-2024, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
    Finally got to post my fabric. The main focus is an off the road vehicle print - think keeps, bikes, cycles, atvs. This will be for older boys. I will be sending some a F8 of a color along with the focus. Feel free to have fun!
    great looking fabric, so excited to work with it.
    Old 08-07-2024, 05:03 AM

Tomorrow is the last day to sign up. Is there anyone who is still deciding? If you have questions, you can email me at the address in my signature or post here. The main requirement is that you can make 19 12-1/2 inch blocks in approximately 3 months. They need not be fancy or detailed, so it’s a good swap for those with some basic experience in piecing. We have different skill levels in our group and we’d welcome new people. Come join us!
    Old 08-07-2024, 05:58 AM

Glad to be back. I look forward to doing applique this time. I”m on a fabric buying moratorium so I’m hoping I can find something in my stash. I have 3 days in a hotel in October, while my husband goes to a conference. I plan to get many of the blocks done then.

I have been doing a lot of clothes sewing the last few years. It took me a while but I now I’m getting better at modifying fit. It’s wonderful that have clothes that fit well!

For those who know me a quick update on my heart. In June 23 me an exercise physiologist, had a massive widowmaker heart attack and almost bought the farm. Yesterday I played in an 8000 step hot 2 1/2 hour doubles tennis match. I did have to lay on the bench between sets. While my heart is greatly improved it will never be back to what it was before the attack, too much scar tissue. I take 49 pills a week and will continue that as long as my body can tolerate it. I bring my advanced directive with me when I go on vacation.

Still life is very very good. I never realized how many people loved me. My family: husband, kids, sisters were amazing, my friends were there for me. I feel really well loved.

I hope all my boom sisters who are dealing with medical problems for themselves or family have a good outcome. Getting old is NOT for the meek.
    Old 08-07-2024, 08:21 AM

I think I have decided my fabric.

Going to use this Bingo fabric I have had for quite some time. Not even sure what I purchased it for. My second fabric, subject to change, is Grow fabric. I am going to make a block with it to see what I think. I am always leery of direction prints.
    Attached Thumbnails bingo-cards.jpg   bingo-balls.jpg   grow.jpg  
    Old 08-07-2024, 09:35 AM

H4b love the grow fabric

MJP, thankful you have made such a good recovery and hope it continues and you know we all love you

Hubby spent yesterday and overnight with a couple of his college friends. Bill was our best man and he and his wife are good friends of ours. His parents are in their 80’s and he is trying to clean out their house of old hobbies and projects. He asked if I wanted some of his mom’s quilt batting and I said sure. Hubby brought it home, he opened the garage door and threw in an entire car full of batting. Thankful I said no to the yarn and embroidery supplies. Guess I had better hurry along my quilting so I can at least get this down to a manageable pile
    Old 08-07-2024, 10:51 AM

Good afternoon Boomers, I'm so happy to be involved with this swap once again. Since the last Boom, I haven't sat down at my sewing machine once! We have been in the process of a kitchen remodel and I find the experience very exhausting, mentally and physically. The painting, floors and new appliances have been installed and we are now waiting for the quartz and backsplash tile to be installed. This time around I got an induction stove with a built in air fryer in the oven. The air fryer has been a learning curve and I'm not sure if it was worth getting it.

I do have fabric washed and ready to cut but keep thinking that maybe I would rather do something else, we'll see.

For those Boomers and their families going through some medical challenges, I hope each day gets better for you. MJP, so glad you are able to once again enjoy the things you used to do pre heart attack.

Terri, how awesome you were gifted batting for your quilts!

Old 08-07-2024, 11:16 AM

Good afternoon, Boomers! Getting close now. Hey, I just heard from GramE! She’s not able to participate due to computer troubles (you know she uses Inklingo a lot) and she cannot print. She’s busy with travel and is heavy duty crocheting but is interested in the next Boom. I hope she’ll be able to join us!

Am excited to see fabrics popping up. Time for me to get in gear and start working on 32’s gallery. It never even crossed my mind until today.

I donated blood earlier. First successful attempt in 4 months. Last time was a bust, it stopped flowing right at the end. Was disappointed it couldn’t be used to help patients. Anyway, today went flawlessly - I was stoked. I’m a bit dizzy when I stand so taking it easy is today’s goal.

Hope you all have a lovely rest of your day.
    Old 08-07-2024, 12:11 PM
    Power Poster

MJPE, we are so glad you are still with us! Take care of yourself!

Hav, love the GROW fabric. Directional prints aren't too bad as long as you keep the blocks fairly simple. I'm looking forward to playing with it.

Cheese, glad you are back! Hope you enjoy that new kitchen, as it develops.

Terri, awesome score on the batting! I would have taken the yarn too, LOL.

Time to go do a little quilting. I sandwiched about a dozen quilts the other night and they are waiting for me....

We will miss GramE, but will look for her next time.

Janice, how brave of you to give blood!
    Old 08-08-2024, 02:05 AM

Good morning, Boomers. It’s last call today for signups!

Cheese, how wonderful you’re getting an updated kitchen but my goodness, it’s a lot to deal with. I’m so pleased you are able to join us this round while you’ve still got work going on.

Terriamn, send some of that batting this way! How nice to have been given such a gift.

SBG, how on earth did you sandwich so many quilts in such a short time? Boy, I struggle to do one. What’s your secret?

Routine doc appointment today then coffee with some friends. After that we’re off to see a waterfall an hour away as long as the weather holds. WNC had no shortage of stunning waterfalls!

Have a lovely day.