Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 32 Signup Now Open through Aug 8 >
  • Boom 32 Signup Now Open through Aug 8

• Boom 32 Signup Now Open through Aug 8

Old 08-08-2024, 07:10 AM

Sewbiz you sandwiched a dozen quilts? Wow I have trouble doing one

Cheesehead I have total empathy on the kitchen remodel. We did the same thing years back. I loved the finish result but boy what a mess and inconvience.

That will be wonderful if GramE can join the next boom

An incredibly beautiful almost fall like day here and no rain predicted.

Yesterday evening we met with a bunch of friends at our local ski resort to listen to music. I was surprised at the huge amount of people there and it was especially nostalgic to watch all the little kids running around and having a wonderful time. Three little girls were playing near us and I said oh my I can remember when my girls were that young and playing so freely. A special evening till the rain came

Will be sewing today and going to try and remember to take pictures of my boom fabrics.
    Old 08-08-2024, 07:20 AM

I changed my mind and will not be using the bingo fabric. I ordered this Tula Pink fat 8th bundle to use.
    Attached Thumbnails tula-pink-free-spirit.jpg  
    Old 08-08-2024, 09:04 AM
    Power Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hav4boys
    I changed my mind and will not be using the bingo fabric. I ordered this Tula Pink fat 8th bundle to use.
    That looks like fun. What plans to you have with the blocks?
    Old 08-08-2024, 09:05 AM
    Power Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by Janice McC
    Tomorrow is the last day to sign up. Is there anyone who is still deciding? If you have questions, you can email me at the address in my signature or post here. The main requirement is that you can make 19 12-1/2 inch blocks in approximately 3 months. They need not be fancy or detailed, so it’s a good swap for those with some basic experience in piecing. We have different skill levels in our group and we’d welcome new people. Come join us!
    I am on the fence.
    Old 08-08-2024, 09:08 AM

Sewbizgirl, A dozen quilts sandwiched? Wow! I hate basting. That's why I got a long arm, lol!

Hav4boys, your Tula Pink will be fun to sew.

Terriamn, you will fly through the gifted batting faster than you think. And I agreed with SBG about the yarn too!

MPG, you are a wonder woman, recovering so well!

I wrote up my labels and color requests this morning. Looking forward to starting! I've been struggling with postpartum depression since having the twins and I'm struggling again after my last baby 9 weeks ago. Sometimes I'm not sure if it's depression or just severe lack of sleep and being so overwhelmed that my brain starts to shut down. I used to think that the saying "quilting is my theory" was cliché, but it is ringing very true lately! I have my Boom quilt from Boom 27 on the long arm and I've been playing with ruler quilting on it. So much fun! I hope to have it done before we get our squishes back.

Old 08-08-2024, 09:11 AM
    Power Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by NZquilter
    That sounds like a heaven on earth, terriamn!

I was digging through my totes of fabric yesterday, looking for a perfect Boom fabric, and I uncovered this Civil War print that I had forgotten that I had picked up at an estate sale earlier this year. There is just enough for generous 10x20 pieces too! I washed it, ironed it and now it's bagged up and ready for labels when I get time later. I'm going to be asking for dark blues and dark reds only.
    I'll be ready for Civil War blocks! Oops I guess I am signing up for the 2 month group. I better get washing, pressing and cutting to get all of it out in time.
    Old 08-08-2024, 09:28 AM
    Power Poster

How many pieces,18” x 10”, should we send or are we waiting to see till the tally comes up of people participating?
    Old 08-08-2024, 10:15 AM

Hi, Anna! Just sent you an email. Please read it and respond as soon as possible. We’re only having a three month group and I want to make sure you’re good with that. Let me know by email. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    How many pieces,18” x 10”, should we send or are we waiting to see till the tally comes up of people participating?
    Old 08-08-2024, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    That looks like fun. What plans to you have with the blocks?
    I am thinking about send a 5x5 focus fabric to create continuity, and then use white/WOW.
    Old 08-08-2024, 11:09 AM

Oops, I didn’t answer AnnaQuilts’ question. Everyone will send 19 F8s to me regardless of how many join. Please refer to the first post on size requirements, selvage removal, color requests, etc. post with questions.