Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 08-17-2024, 08:47 PM
Power Poster

Lovely scrappy quilt, WMUT! Just simple triangles made a beauty of a quilt.

Thanks for the compliments on the doll outfits. I love the bell ruffle sleeves.... I have already made one granddaughter a bunch of clothes for her dolls, and her neighbor gave her some, so she doesn't need any more. I may send a doll and bundle of clothes to my other GD. Just have to find out what she already has first. Might try selling a few on Ebay too. The market is flooded with cheap Chinese doll clothes.
Old 08-17-2024, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
This post is for Lstew! I know you are a knitter, so wanted to share this shop that has wonderful knitting and crochet patterns for 18" doll clothing. Take a peek: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LelleModa

Here are a few pics of my dolly outfits. I have many more cut out that I will begin sewing soon.
Those outfits are so cute, I will definitely check out the site as my mom has requested a knitted sweater for her dolls she collects
Old 08-17-2024, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
Oh, Janice, I am so sorry your knee is not cooperating again. Rats! just when you were doing so well. Enjoy the old movies and package sorting. My hip is painless but some of the muscle structure is not liking PT and walking. You were walking 4 miles, I am walking about 3/4 to 1 mile. Progress is still progress.

SBG, I dreamed of making sweet little doll cloths for my granddaughters like in the photos but what do you know, neither of them are "doll" girls. Oh, they have/had dolls but did not play with them. At 15 and 20 yeas of age, my hopes have faded to a minute pencil point on the horizon for making charming doll outfits.

I sorted my saved 12" patterns into one fie this morning and have close to 40. I think I am good to go. (Good sources are always welcome.)

This afternoon I finished the binding on a scrap quilt. One done for this month, yea! Finished at 46 x 56 and all from my stash.

Enjoy your Saturday evening everyone.
Beautiful scrappy quilt, wmuteach.
Old 08-18-2024, 03:28 AM

Thanks for the support about my knee. I moaned about it for two days now and it’s over. Time to just accept it and let it heal.

MJP, it’s great that you are back to teaching. It must have been wonderful for you! SBG, the doll outfits are beautiful! Charlie is a girly girl and loves her dolls but she’s so rough on them! She’s not ready to have anything as nice as yours. WMUTeach, love your quilt! My second quilt was all triangles with a border. I hand quilted it. Simplicity and beauty. Your quilting is lovely, too. Thanks for taking a pic where it can be seen.

All the F8s received are sorted. Just a few more packages and “we’ll be off to the races” as my dad would have said. I’m hoping to ship on Wednesday.

Almost time to watch MotoGP, motorcycle races. Our younger son got us hooked on it.

Have a great day!
Old 08-18-2024, 05:34 AM

Those outfits are precious. My mother made clothes for my Barbie that are now being used by my grand. Holding up better than store bought !

an idea for selling: make traditional cheerleading outfits in school colors. When my daughter was young I bought a set and than bought more for daughters friends.

take it slower in this humidity
Old 08-18-2024, 01:10 PM

Here’s my first block for myself. I’m asking you to pick a color and use various shades of it in the block. There’s another block up on the design wall. Maybe I’ll finish it tonight.

I got my juki back to running perfectly. I was too skimpy with the oil. Gave her a nice dose, let her sit overnight and now she’s purring again. Thank goodness.
Attached Thumbnails img_6191.jpeg  
Old 08-18-2024, 01:18 PM

Janice sorry to hear about your knee. I still haven’t gotten back to my 1 mile walk without problems. Dang it’s so hard to get back into the routine. It gets even harder when we go back to Texas. The roads in the parks are tar but instead of the tar being made of small rocks etc they use good size rocks and oh my does it give my back and knee’s a rough time.

Today we went to the county fair, had my once a year corn dog, checked out the quilts and my friend had a bunch of foods items that all had one ribbons. Then we went floating in the lake with 10 of our friends. Just plain a gorgeous day

Old 08-18-2024, 02:33 PM

Janice, that's a pretty block! I sure am itching to get started making everyone's blocks, can't wait to get those F8's in my hands.

Heading out of town tomorrow for a couple of days, we are headed to the Dells to spend some time on the lake. This is only the second time we have been there this year. The kitchen remodeling has taken up almost the entire summer, the countertops will finally be installed on Friday...yipee! After that the backsplash needs to be done, hopefully that won't take too long.

Old 08-18-2024, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Here’s my first block for myself. I’m asking you to pick a color and use various shades of it in the block. There’s another block up on the design wall. Maybe I’ll finish it tonight.

I got my juki back to running perfectly. I was too skimpy with the oil. Gave her a nice dose, let her sit overnight and now she’s purring again. Thank goodness.
Beautiful block, Janice. I have a great idea for a block with your grey.

Old 08-18-2024, 03:00 PM

I made one for myself today, it reminds me of the snail’s trail through the flower garden.
Attached Thumbnails img_0125.jpeg