Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 08-18-2024, 04:38 PM

Love that blue with your floral, Lstew!
Originally Posted by Lstew2212
I made one for myself today, it reminds me of the snail’s trail through the flower garden.
I got one more done. An orange Churned Star this time. It’s a little flawed but I’m going to use it anyway. That’s all I’m making. It’s time to turn my attention to Squirrel fabrics. I’ve done all of my piecing on my old machine so I needed to do a couple on the juki to be sure of the seam allowance. The foot I’m using is a scant 1/4 inch and now with the seam guide, I’m in like Flynn. Bring on your fabrics! Oh, wait! I have some! Oh, goody.

Terriamn, hope you enjoyed your corn dog! I haven’t had one in years. Floating with friends sounds fabulous.

Cheese, a lake trip sounds heavenly. Hope your weather is perfect.
Attached Thumbnails img_6193.jpeg  
Old 08-18-2024, 06:10 PM
Power Poster

Terri and Cheese, enjoy the water!

Love the blocks, Janice and Lstew. Can't wait to play! Gotta get these doll clothes sewn up before the F8s arrive.
Old 08-19-2024, 02:02 AM

Good morning! The gallery is up to date. I'm going to try to load pix daily in the morning. Please try to remember to shrink photos to 100-200 kb before posting here. Thank you.

Today I'm going to find a couple of f8s to work on. They are calling to me.

Old 08-19-2024, 05:08 AM

Janice and Lstew, great blocks, love the colors you chose.

It was so nice last night we decided to stay at the lake and have a campfire, heading home in a couple hours. I need to frog stitch some of my candy blocks. Not happy with the last row I added

Enjoy your day
Old 08-19-2024, 05:18 AM

Seeing some blocks popping up is getting me all excited to start!
​​​​​
Old 08-19-2024, 06:54 AM

Here’s my first block from the F8s. It’s for Hav. I liked this block as it was relatively easy to keep the directional fabric going the right way plus I loved the pink with it. Hope it works for you, Hav.

Three more packages should arrive this afternoon and one more tomorrow. Getting close, Squirrels!
Attached Thumbnails img_6196.jpeg  
Old 08-19-2024, 08:37 AM

I spent the weekend getting organized. AnnaQuilts sent me extra fabric, so I am going to be making goats for the next couple of days. I am excited to get going on the blocks. I love making them. At sometime, I am going to have to start putting mine together in quilts. I started at BOOM 16 or 17 and have always done 2 sets, so I have many to put together.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-19-2024, 09:14 AM

Hav, I’m not sure at which boom I popped in but also don’t have very blocks made into quilts. Right now I’m totally enjoying putting some of my boom blocks together. Will see how long it lasts
Old 08-19-2024, 05:29 PM

Why am I now so interested in squirrels? Humm. I see them everywhere now. Tee-Hee-Hee!

Old 08-19-2024, 06:37 PM

Boom beginnings. I joined Boom 10 when another person was running it but she stopped right after 10. I picked up the swap. That was 2013 I believe. I’ve got gazillion boom blocks left.

Tonight I was making scrappy 5 inch blocks as Leader and Enders for my boom blocks. I finally quit the boom blocks and worked on the scrappy ones. I’m just going to keep making them until I clear out some of my ziplock bags of scraps. I tossed one whole bag because the pieces were so tiny as to be nothing more than a nuisance. I’ve got to draw the line somewhere!

Well, three packages were supposed to arrive today but only one made it, Terriamn’s. That leaves three more scheduled to arrive tomorrow. We’ll just see about that. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.