Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 08-21-2024, 08:06 AM

Thanks for the reminder Janice, I have to make my appointment for next month. They found a small.mass on my sister’s and she goes back in Next Friday for a follow-up test. Scary times but not going to get to concerned till after the follow up.
Old 08-21-2024, 12:18 PM

Terriamn, I’ve had lots of calls back on my mammograms but so far nothing to worry about although my stomach lurches each time. I hope your sister’s issue is easily resolved. I’ll keep her in my thoughts. I’m glad you do routine mammograms.
Originally Posted by terriamn
Thanks for the reminder Janice, I have to make my appointment for next month. They found a small.mass on my sister’s and she goes back in Next Friday for a follow-up test. Scary times but not going to get to concerned till after the follow up.
Old 08-21-2024, 12:22 PM
Power Poster

Pretty block for Cheese, Janice. And good for you on the mammo. I have actually had two this year, already. They have me on the 6 month plan, since finding cancer a year ago.

It's actually cooler here too, today! Yay! Not like the cool temps you all are getting up North, but I'll take it! The heat has been oppressive this summer. Maybe we are finally seeing the finish line and will have Fall soon. I love Fall!
Old 08-21-2024, 12:33 PM

Fall! Wouldn’t that be nice. It feels like early fall here but I won’t count on it sticking around yet.

SBG, Happy you are following the advice of your doc and getting those mammos. Hopefully you’ll need no further treatments.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Pretty block for Cheese, Janice. And good for you on the mammo. I have actually had two this year, already. They have me on the 6 month plan, since finding cancer a year ago.

It's actually cooler here too, today! Yay! Not like the cool temps you all are getting up North, but I'll take it! The heat has been oppressive this summer. Maybe we are finally seeing the finish line and will have Fall soon. I love Fall!
Old 08-21-2024, 01:12 PM

Yay, packages on the way! Thanks , Janice! I am itching to start!

Today was the first full day of the kids being back to school, so I treated myself to quilting on my Boom 27 all morning. It felt like a small vacation, even though I still had four little ones at home. I played my feel-good spotify playlist and they are happy just to play at my feet while I work. I can't abandon my chores everyday to sew, but that makes the days that I do more rewarding!
Old 08-21-2024, 03:03 PM

I have two quilt work days coming up.....guess what I will be doing? Looking forward to Friday's arrival of Squirrel Boom packages.
Old 08-21-2024, 03:59 PM

Beautiful blocks Janice, you are getting all our creative juices flowing.

Cool here also but supposed to get hot and muggy. Not my favorite weather

Decided I definitely didn’t like the setting sashing I was doing on my candy blocks and removed them all, sure wish I could have remembered what the sashing was on the picture of the quilt I liked so much. Going with a simple 2 sided version. Hoping to add 4 more squares today.

We are hosting a shrimp boil tomorrow at the lake for 10. Hubby does 90% of the cooking for it. I am the runner, table setter etc. He loves putting this little summer event together. We bring the sausage and shrimp back with us from Texas and our friends provide us with the fresh corn on the cobb and baby potatoes. Should be a fun evening
Shrimp Boil sounds yummy. Having with friends is even better.

Originally Posted by Janice McC
They’re all here! Way to go, Squirrels! All are on time! I’m half done packing them up to ship tomorrow. Barring anything happening with the printer, they should be good to go. Woo hoo!

Reminder that since we don’t have a full 20 people in the swap, everyone will be receiving duplicates of a few fabrics. Those in two groups will see more than that across both groups. Yes, this is how it always works.

I can hardly believe this cool, wonderful, breezy afternoon. All the windows and doors are thrown open and it’s relatively dry. No AC today. Tomorrow am is supposed to be 55 degrees. I can hardly wait to do a short walk. My knee is only up for a short, non-hilly stroll but I'll gladly take the improvement.

So that’s it for now. I’m off to print up labels and finish sealing the packages. Have a terrific evening.

Oh, here’s one for Cheesehead. I hope you like it!
Another beautiful block, glad to hear all the packages have arrived.

Here’s my first block from the F8s. It’s for Hav. I liked this block as it was relatively easy to keep the directional fabric going the right way plus I loved the pink with it. Hope it works for you, Hav.

Three more packages should arrive this afternoon and one more tomorrow. Getting close, Squirrels!
Sending Prayers to your sister. I usually get my mamo in October. It's getting close

Love that blue with your floral, Lstew!

I got one more done. An orange Churned Star this time. It’s a little flawed but I’m going to use it anyway. That’s all I’m making. It’s time to turn my attention to Squirrel fabrics. I’ve done all of my piecing on my old machine so I needed to do a couple on the juki to be sure of the seam allowance. The foot I’m using is a scant 1/4 inch and now with the seam guide, I’m in like Flynn. Bring on your fabrics! Oh, wait! I have some! Oh, goody.

Terriamn, hope you enjoyed your corn dog! I haven’t had one in years. Floating with friends sounds fabulous.

Cheese, a lake trip sounds heavenly. Hope your weather is perfect.
Beautiful block, Love the colors. Reminds me of fall

Last edited by Lstew2212; 08-21-2024 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-21-2024, 04:06 PM

I have my blocks out from a past BOOM and teaching my mother how to do "Quilt as you go". SewBizGirl, I use your tutorial because it is the best. The instructions and photos great and easy to follow. Thank you again for great instructions.
Old 08-21-2024, 05:11 PM

Ditto on the SBG QAYG Tutes, Lstew. I’ve used them quite a few times with excellent results. Anyone wanting to see ithem can find them here:

https://www.quiltingboard.com/vbulle...l-t283918.html

and there’s one with wide sashings: https://www.quiltingboard.com/vbulle...o-t304427.html

Both work great.

QUOTE=Lstew2212;8658085]I have my blocks out from a past BOOM and teaching my mother how to do "Quilt as you go". SewBizGirl, I use your tutorial because it is the best. The instructions and photos great and easy to follow. Thank you again for great instructions.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-22-2024, 05:28 AM

I have also used Sewbiz’s tutorial and found it very easy to use. How fun that you are showing your Mom the process.

Nit looking to pretty outside right now but the weather should improve as the day progresses. Hoping hubby will decide to head to the lake later in the day so I can get another row of my candy quilt sewn together