Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 08-23-2024, 10:25 PM

Hi everyone. Like y'all, I am anxiously looking forward to playing with the wonderful fabrics. Maybe Saturday the baggies will be here.
Annaquilts, OurWorkbench - Thanks for the links to the Farm Girl Vintage. The pattern is new to me. It'll be a fun block to make.
MJP - if the bird fabric has a light blue background with hummingbirds somewhere in the print, it's mine. I apologize for the lack of a note. Please have fun with it. The sashing will probably be light blue, so use any other color you want to make a pretty block.
Ibex - where in Mississippi do you roam? I have relatives all up and down Highway 55. I grew up on Hwy 90 in southern Louisiana. My brother moved back to the old home place near Brookhaven. Small world, isn't it?
Janice and all you other walkers - More power to you. I envy you the energy. It's still too hot and humid for me to do much outside.
Old 08-24-2024, 04:54 AM

lots of Lori Holt-type free patterns to be found online. That block should be easy to pick to do. I found a perfect Big Bang block to do.... I sure hope my fabric arrives today so I can get that one done ASAP before the rest of you make it, lol. I think I know what I want to do for the Lorelei fabric but until it is in my hot little hand I am not positive on that one.

I love this part of the preparation! Thank you for the adventure!!
Old 08-24-2024, 06:48 AM

Good morning, Squirrels. It’s another beautiful day and autumn is in the air. Been walking again but still avoiding hills to keep from aggravating my knee.

I updated the gallery with a pic or two. I’m working on my second block for Cheese and it’s turning out nicely. Later we’re going to go to our son’s house for a little get together. Should be a fun time.

Hope you all have a pleasant weekend and that those of you who haven’t gotten your fabrics see the package today.
Old 08-24-2024, 08:17 AM

Hi all! I got my fabric last night and it’s fantastic! More wonderful variety this time again. Today I’m a wedding officiant on the roof of the London House. Wedding is at 1 in the cupola which is THE wedding destination in downtown Chicago. I’m marrying my exchange daughter from Vietnam, she is now a citizen and marrying the love of her life in a small private ceremony overlooking the Chicago river on Michigan and Wacker. Can’t get much more special. I’ll be back to sewing tomorrow and Monday. I have 2 farm girl vintage books that should provide lots of inspiration. I confess I haven’t used them much and am excited to start! It was cool seeing the Lorelei fabric and I thing controlled will work well for this fabric. Should be perfect, not too hot, sunny weather for a wedding in 2 hours. Hugs all!
Old 08-24-2024, 09:14 AM

Happy dance! My package arrived this morning! Love the variety! I probably wouldn't get to really settle down and start pulling fabrics until Monday, since today has been "one of those days" of just surviving with the kids, but my brain is already running with ideas! Annaquilts, I'm looking forward to your Farmgirl quilt!
Old 08-24-2024, 09:17 AM

Annaquilts. what colors would you like for the block? The ones in the Farm Girl Vintage pictures?
Old 08-24-2024, 09:23 AM

Thanks for posting when you’ve gotten your packages. Remember to count first before anything else!
Old 08-24-2024, 11:24 AM
Power Poster

My fabrics came! Yay! All 19 bags present and accounted for.
Thank you, Janice.
Old 08-24-2024, 11:54 AM

My19 bags are here too. Ready to start making blocks, yay!
Old 08-24-2024, 12:41 PM

Mine arrived! 19 fabric baggies. Now to dig through fabric to find what I have and what I need. Thank you!