Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 08-25-2024, 12:23 AM
Power Poster

Thank you sewbizgirl for the cute star and pumpkin blocks. You are on the ball or on the pumpkin. Cute block for Janice too.
Old 08-25-2024, 02:34 AM

Precisely the idea. Thank you, SBG!
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Here is a log cabin block with oranges for Janice. Hope this was what you had in mind!
Old 08-25-2024, 02:35 AM

Lovely block!
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Here is my first block… for Annaquilts Farm Girl quilt. It’s the Autumn Pumpkin.
Old 08-25-2024, 04:08 AM

Terriamn, love your light floral fabric and your block. I'm going to do yours soon.
Originally Posted by terriamn
My package arrived also and counted that both bags have 19 fabrics. Made a second block for me and started a third one also for me. Playing with my new rulers before using on anyone else’s fabric. I was showing a couple of my friends the 2 blocks I have made so far and they didn’t believe I had used the same pattern just changed fabric placement around.

Hav love your goat, he is adorable
Old 08-25-2024, 05:59 AM

Sunday plan for the day. Rest! No car, so no travel to church but will join online.(Car is in for service, again) Then off to my sewing room for some fun sewing. I have two quilts, no three quilts in some state of completion, and it would be nice to finish one top to the flimsy stage. Then time for planning a couple Squirrel Boom blocks for next week's sewing days.
Old 08-25-2024, 06:34 AM

It seems that my sewing slump is at an end. Several blocks done, 3 more cut out and one on the cutting table. I’ll finish cutting and then sew, sew, sew.

Had a nice walk this morning but I’ll need another short one to get to my 4 mile mark. Had a lovely time at my son’s yesterday with a lot of the family and friends. And, surprise of surprises, a dog was there in possible need of rehoming. The family’s circumstances have changed recently and they may have to give her up. “May” is the key word. They’re seriously debating it. We spoke up and said we’d take her if it becomes necessary. She’s a real sweetie pie and loves all people and other dogs. It will be a hard decision for them to make and we believe they won’t ultimately be able to let her go. But if they make that sad choice, we’ll take her - gladly. I’m just trying not to think about it too much unless we hear from them.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-25-2024, 10:38 AM
Power Poster

Reba, how did the wedding go? Didn't know you could officiate a wedding! That means you performed the ceremony and married them? And what an amazing place to get married.

Janice, happy there is a dog possibility on your horizon. If this one doesn't work out, there are other sweet doggies out there who need you.

Hoping to spend the afternoon making some blocks.
Old 08-25-2024, 10:58 AM

This block is for Anna.
Attached Thumbnails img_1548.jpg  
Old 08-25-2024, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn
My first block is for me, turned out darker than I had hoped it would. Darn
Beautiful block, Fabulous
Old 08-25-2024, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter
Here is my Boom 27 all quilted up and ready for binding! I started quilting it on my vintage domestic machine in 2022 (was it that long ago already!) but then I got pregnant with the twins and my life ran away from me at a hair raising rate! I finished the quilting on my long arm. Thank you all for your beautiful blocks that make quilting a real joy!

I'm going to try to share a picture... hopefully my camera cooperates!
Beautiful quilt, I love how you did the middle of the quilt with our blocks around the center.