Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 08-26-2024, 10:09 AM

Terriamn and Cheesehead, great blocks! I see so far people are making blocks in the styles requested. It’s good of you!

Terriamn, I love that you used two of your fabrics in the block for yourself. I like doing that too when I have multiples from a person.

I’ve got 14,500 steps today (no hills) but now it’s too hot to go out. Our cool wave is over for a bit but mornings should be decent enough for walks.

No word on the pup. I think they cannot let her go. I wouldn’t if it were me faced with that decision.
Old 08-26-2024, 10:47 AM

Cute little canning jars, Cheese. So creative. Artichokes! Tee-Hee-Hee! I think I see some snowmen peeking out from behind the block.
Old 08-26-2024, 11:24 AM

Here’s a block for Lstew2212. I hope you like it. I enjoyed making it for you.

Attached Thumbnails img_6224.jpeg  
Old 08-26-2024, 11:28 AM
Power Poster

Thank you for my block, Terri! I love it! Can’t even tell the corner blocks are pieced.

Janice, your step count puts mine to shame! I just do my 3000 because it’s a number I can complete every day and my goal was to walk every day. It’s back to killer hot here, too. Tomorrow I leave for Memphis where it is likely even hotter. Hope Oct. is cooler. It usually is the month that switches us over to Fall temps.

The gallery is looking great!

Very pretty block for Lstew!
Old 08-26-2024, 12:53 PM

Janice fabulous on your walking. We will have to put you out there for our leader on footsteps also

Two more blocks, first for Ltsew. Lisa I love your fabric, it’s right up there for bright and bold.NZ quilter love the history printed on your fabric. Hope you like them
Attached Thumbnails img_3832.jpeg   img_3831.jpeg  
Old 08-26-2024, 01:31 PM

Here’s my block for Terriamn’s light floral fabric. It was a pleasure to work with. So cheery. It’s a three color version of Aunt Dinah. I used an orange with a fine print but it truly reads as fully orange. if it’s not acceptable, let me know and I can change it.

SBG, Used to be that my target goal was 10k steps but now I consider it the absolute minimum I should do. Honestly, as soon as Ripley was diagnosed in January, I started eating. And eating. And eating. I gained 14 pounds overnight and now I’m walking them off. It’s working. Nine more to go. It’d be easier if I could walk hills but my knee isn’t up to it yet. So I do as much as I can on flat roads and parks as early as I can to minimize the heat.

Have a great evening everyone!

Attached Thumbnails img_6226.jpeg  
Old 08-26-2024, 02:00 PM

Thx Janice I love my block. Tiny prints are-always fine for me.
Old 08-26-2024, 02:07 PM

You all are blazing. Anna your appliqué is spot on with all the various fabrics.
so many kitties and yes the are soft kitties.
spent my day cutting breading and baking eggplant slices. Made Parmesan tonight and rest went into freezer. Also shredded and drained 8 cups of zucchini to go in freezer for the winter. I pack it with bread recipe amounts.
whew I am beat
Old 08-26-2024, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn
Hav your blocks for Cheesehead and Janice are gorgeous.

Janice whenever Sheldon is sick or super sad he likes his friends to sing the kitty song for him. Purfect block. Keeping my fingers crossed on the sweet pup

Cheesehead great looking pie.

Made 3 blocks today and one more is partially finished. Will take pictures tomorrow.

Sewbiz I agree on the requests being a bit harder this time. I have spent a lot more time looking for just the right pattern and fabrics to match the requests but have managed so far. Great Hummingbird block and very pretty block for MJP

Ltsew great apple for the farm

Nasty headaches lately, my allergies are the worse usually mid September. Think they decided to make an early appearance this year.
It's a strawberry, But no worries, it kind of looks like an apple too. Thank you, I like it too
Old 08-26-2024, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Lstew, love that apple.

Here are my last two for today. The first is for Reba... hope I got the 'strong X' you wanted, and did the blues right. The second block is for Terri, a sawtooth star. The blue star is an exact color match for her little blue flowers. I think her quilt is going to look great with just these two colors.
Great blocks, sewbiz. I made one similar to the one you made for Reba.