Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 08-26-2024, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys
Here are my last two of the night. One for MJP and one for Reba.
Both of these blocks are fantastic.
Old 08-26-2024, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
A star block from Kathy's red star fabric. I hope this will fit with what you have in mind.
Love the stars, great block

All2Pieces send me some very pretty humming bird fabric. I could not resist making another humming bird that is drinking some nectar from an orange flower. Right outside our kitchen window is a humming bird feeder and year round these beautiful tiny birds come to drink from it. I hope you like your block.
Hummingbirds are so peaceful, I love your block

Ibex94's block Monster Mash theme.
great monster block

So not having grown up here I am not as familiar with some movies, one is Monster Mash. I looked it up and I found all kinds of different cats. The green cat is called Furious Fiend and the blue cat is called Jolly Joker. Enjoy! I had a lot of fun making them.
I made this elegant block for Cheesehead. I loved your delicate floral fabric and it inspired me to do this block for you.
great block, love the floral theme you created.

Lstew2212 has another beautiful floral print that inspired me to make this bird on a flower stem. I enjoyed show casing this fabric as a silhouette on crisp green fabric.
perfect block for my quilt. I love it. Thank you
Old 08-26-2024, 03:18 PM

Thank you Sewbiz, AnnaQuilts, Have4boys. The blocks are amazing. Anna what stitch do you use to attach the applique to the block? It looks very, very clean and I’d love to try that method.
Old 08-26-2024, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl

Isn't it funny how no one chose Christmas as a theme this time around? We always have at least one, usually.
I don’t even celebrate Christmas but I think I have the most fun with those Christmas themed block. There’s an elf block I love to do.

We did get Halloween fabric! that’s my favorite holiday. When else can you get dressed up and get candy!
Old 08-26-2024, 03:30 PM

Another beautiful bird applique on a modern style plant for MJPEncinitas. With the little sprig in its beak, this bird looks a bit like a piece dove. Enjoy!
This also reminded me of a dove, beautiful block

NZQuilter send a fat 8 of Civil War fabric. I was hoping I would receive one of these Fat 8s. I added an eagle to it in Civil War colors. Enjoy!
Great historic block, so good.

Terriamn2 I picked out this pattern sometime ago, 3 birds on a branch. They made me happy and I hope you will like it.
This block is cute, Loving your appliqued blocks

When I received Grandma's fabric, it made me chuckle. I hope the young man that received it will like 2 race car. thank you.
I think this racing quilt will be a big hit. great block.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead
This is my second block for Anna. Thank you for the pretty block you made for me Anna.
the canning jars are great, will fit in perfect with the homegrown quilt. I think of this quilt as home grown.

Some pretty sparkling stars for WMUTeach. I am looking forward to seeing the other blocks in this two tone quilt. The picture is not centered but all the points are there.
Great stars. cool block.

A sweet little kitty sitting on the window sil and looking at a birdy outside. This fabric is adorable and very happy. Enjoy.
great block, I am fond of kitties, but my husband is allergic.

Originally Posted by terriamn
Two for Reba with 4 patches in the corners
Two great blocks, i am really looking forward to seeing this one put together.

Quilt blocks for Sewbiz and another one for me
loving these blocks, so fun.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead
I love seeing all of the beautiful blocks everyone has been making. This block is for Reba.
beautiful block

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Here’s a block for Lstew2212. I hope you like it. I enjoyed making it for you.
Love this block, thank you so much

Janice fabulous on your walking. We will have to put you out there for our leader on footsteps also

Two more blocks, first for Ltsew. Lisa I love your fabric, it’s right up there for bright and bold.NZ quilter love the history printed on your fabric. Hope you like them
Thank you for my block. It is perfect.

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Here’s my block for Terriamn’s light floral fabric. It was a pleasure to work with. So cheery. It’s a three color version of Aunt Dinah. I used an orange with a fine print but it truly reads as fully orange. if it’s not acceptable, let me know and I can change it.

SBG, Used to be that my target goal was 10k steps but now I consider it the absolute minimum I should do. Honestly, as soon as Ripley was diagnosed in January, I started eating. And eating. And eating. I gained 14 pounds overnight and now I’m walking them off. It’s working. Nine more to go. It’d be easier if I could walk hills but my knee isn’t up to it yet. So I do as much as I can on flat roads and parks as early as I can to minimize the heat.

Have a great evening everyone!
great block for Terriamn, beautiful.

Old 08-26-2024, 03:33 PM

I am loving the progress so far. the blocks made are stunning.

I made two this morning. One for Rebaquilts called split nine patch and one for Janice called overlap
Attached Thumbnails rebaquilts.jpg   janice-1.jpg  
Old 08-26-2024, 03:39 PM
Power Poster

Wow the blocks are coming in. That overlap blocks is really cute and perfect for the request.
Old 08-26-2024, 04:02 PM

Ibex94's block Monster Mash theme.

So not having grown up here I am not as familiar with some movies, one is Monster Mash. I looked it up and I found all kinds of different cats. The green cat is called Furious Fiend and the blue cat is called Jolly Joker. Enjoy! I had a lot of fun making them.
Absolutely adorable! Thank you!! I don't think I've seen that movie, only have heard the song. Now I have something to do tonight :-)

Everyone's blocks are going great!
Old 08-26-2024, 04:38 PM

One more for this evening. It's for WMUTeach, called Alexander's star
Attached Thumbnails wmuteach.jpg  
Old 08-26-2024, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
These are two I made today. The first is a hummingbird block for A2P. It ATE MY LUNCH. I worked it and reworked it and got it done, but took a pen and put a big X through the pattern in my book. Never again! The second is a good ole "Love in the Mist" block. It always comes out right. It is for MJPE.
SBG - Thanks for such a lovely block! I'm sorry you had such a difficult time with it. The fussy cutting is really nice.