Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 08-26-2024, 05:55 PM

Janice - my blocks came in late Saturday. I counted the full 19 packs.
Everyone - such wonderful blocks! The first three fabrics that spoke to me are the three florals. They are calling out for pinks, yellows, greens, and blues. I am looking for some nice flower basket patterns. Guess I'm just very literal this round.
Old 08-26-2024, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lstew2212
One more for this evening. It's for WMUTeach, called Alexander's star
Thank you for the Alexander's Start. Just the kind of pieced star that I was dreaming of.
Old 08-26-2024, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
All2Pieces send me some very pretty humming bird fabric. I could not resist making another humming bird that is drinking some nectar from an orange flower. Right outside our kitchen window is a humming bird feeder and year round these beautiful tiny birds come to drink from it. I hope you like your block.
Annaquilts - That's a lovely applique! Thank you very much. Our hummingbirds are very territoial. We have 5 or 6 feeders set up. The birds seem to only want to use one feeder, and they fight over it constantly. Such silly birds!
Old 08-26-2024, 08:22 PM

Here are the two I did today for A2P. The pink is no where as bright as it is in the picture.
My husband had surgery Friday on his ankle. He broke it 8 months ago and a chunk of bone did not reattach so they took it out. We had planned a trip to Arkansas to buy a retirement home, and go to Mississippi to visit my niece. Instead we are home. Hoping to go Wednesday to visit a friend near Mt. Shasta, so most likely will not work on blocks until this weekend.
Loving all the blocks. Everyone is doing awesome work.
Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1724731431760.jpg   fb_img_1724731429278.jpg  
Old 08-26-2024, 11:41 PM
Power Poster

The blocks are beautiful, everyone! I just love this time of the swap when everyone is excited about making blocks and churning out beautiful creations. You are all so creative. I'm going to be taking a break for a week while I'm in Memphis. I didn't try to make block kits or anything to bring, I'll just jump back in when I get back.

SBG, Used to be that my target goal was 10k steps but now I consider it the absolute minimum I should do. Honestly, as soon as Ripley was diagnosed in January, I started eating. And eating. And eating. I gained 14 pounds overnight and now I’m walking them off. It’s working. Nine more to go.
[/QUOTE]
Totally understandable. How long does it take you to walk 14,000 steps? We made a walking trail around our property, and it take me about half an hour to do my 3000. It's killer in the heat. I gained 20 lbs while I was on that stupid hormone blocker. I stopped taking it but the weight remains. Maybe I need to up my number!

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
spent my day cutting breading and baking eggplant slices. Made Parmesan tonight and rest went into freezer. Also shredded and drained 8 cups of zucchini to go in freezer for the winter. I pack it with bread recipe amounts.
whew I am beat
Oh my! Eggplant parmesan is my favorite Italian dish. Gotta make it again soon.

Great blocks, sewbiz. I made one similar to the one you made for Reba.
Great minds think alike!

I am loving the progress so far. the blocks made are stunning.

I made two this morning. One for Rebaquilts called split nine patch and one for Janice called overlap
Never saw the overlap before. It's a really cool block.

One more for this evening. It's for WMUTeach, called Alexander's star
Beautiful!

Originally Posted by All2Pieces
SBG - Thanks for such a lovely block! I'm sorry you had such a difficult time with it. The fussy cutting is really nice.
Oh, nobody's fault but my own... It's "X"ed out of my book, so I won't fall prey to it again. There are some mistakes in those Around the Block books, maybe that was one.

Originally Posted by hav4boys
My husband had surgery Friday on his ankle. He broke it 8 months ago and a chunk of bone did not reattach so they took it out. We had planned a trip to Arkansas to buy a retirement home, and go to Mississippi to visit my niece. Instead we are home. Hoping to go Wednesday to visit a friend near Mt. Shasta, so most likely will not work on blocks until this weekend.
Yikes. Hope hubby is doing better soon. Arkansas should be a lovely place to retire. (Just don't buy in any of the tornado zones!) It's a beautiful state, especially up near Missouri.

No blocks from me today. I've been off gallivanting all day, trying to get ready to go out of town. That's why I'm still up at 2:30 am.
Goodnight, all.
Old 08-27-2024, 02:03 AM

The block is grand, Lstew! Love the pinks. Thank you!
I am loving the progress so far. the blocks made are stunning.

I made two this morning. One for Rebaquilts called split nine patch and one for Janice called overlap
Old 08-27-2024, 04:00 AM

Hav4, you make the most beautiful paper pieced blocks!
LStew, fabulous block you made for Janice, it's perfect in every way!

Last edited by Cheesehead; 08-27-2024 at 04:05 AM.
Old 08-27-2024, 07:45 AM

HAV your blocks are gorgeous. When you paperpiece do you sew on the line and rip off paper or do you use the method wher you sew next to the line and no paper remains on block?

Hope your hubby’s ankle heals up quickly and you can go to Arkansas soon.

Nasty storms hit Minnesota last evening. There are 150,000 without power in the Minneapolis/ St. Paul area. We had 11/2” of rain fall in about 20 minutes but all well here and at the lake.
Old 08-27-2024, 08:49 AM

Terri I loved working with this fabric, it's beautiful! Here is the block I made from it. Hmm, the colors seem off in the picture, your aqua fabric is in the center and a deeper aqua form the star points. I just can't seem to take good pictures no matter what I try.
Attached Thumbnails img_0631.jpg  
Old 08-27-2024, 09:16 AM

Thanks for the weather "heads up". We Michiganders often get your Minnesota weather a day later. Yes, it is beastly hot here today with high humidity. The feels like temp is currently 100. Lots of schools have closed or adjusted to half days. Many school buildings are from the 50's and 60's and do not have AIR. My fingers are crossed that my tennis playing grandson does not play today.

What beautiful blocks from everyone and so many! I am finishing a quilt top featuring 2.5 inch squares today but I have been looked through my Farm Girl Vintage book for 12" blocks that have not been made yet, That will be my first, then on through the stack of Squirrel Booms.