Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 08-29-2024, 02:19 PM

HAV love my blocks, thank you. I wouldn’t have minded a little white or black, mainly don’t want them as background in case you have another one of mine

HAV great car block

Janice love your block for Cheesehead it’s so soft and dainty looking.
Old 08-29-2024, 02:26 PM

Here is another for Cheesehead. This is gorgeous fabric.
Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1724970248243.jpg  
Old 08-29-2024, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Spent a couple of hours working on this one for Ibex94. I pulled in the green because of Hav’s Frankenstein’s monster block. I liked her green so much. I think the colors work well. I hope you agree Ibex.
Lovely block... traditional with a twist to make it follow the theme.
Old 08-29-2024, 04:18 PM

This block is for Ibex, I am thinking that the border is too busy for this block and am considering swapping it out for the purple...any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails img_0639.jpg  
Old 08-29-2024, 04:20 PM

Janice and Hav4, thank you for the beautiful blocks!
Old 08-29-2024, 06:57 PM
Power Poster

Wow, such beautiful blocks today, ladies! Can't wait to get back to mine.

I've been totally busy with the sale we are doing at the store where my daughter has her two sales vignettes. It's a pretty big undertaking and I'm worn out just loading stuff in and setting things up. Tomorrow I can sleep in and rest and let the sale begin without me! I'll check in on it in the afternoon and hope that the turnout was huge. It continues on Saturday, so there will be plenty to check up on. I've been preparing for this sale all year, procuring the treasures and researching value, cleaning and pricing. I just hope people really turn out and shop!

Then I can get my mind back in the Boom blocks again.
Old 08-29-2024, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys
Here are the two I did today for A2P. The pink is no where as bright as it is in the picture.
My husband had surgery Friday on his ankle. He broke it 8 months ago and a chunk of bone did not reattach so they took it out. We had planned a trip to Arkansas to buy a retirement home, and go to Mississippi to visit my niece. Instead we are home. Hoping to go Wednesday to visit a friend near Mt. Shasta, so most likely will not work on blocks until this weekend.
Loving all the blocks. Everyone is doing awesome work.
Thank you, Hav4boys. The blocks are wonderful! I hope your hubby can get around better after he heals.
Old 08-29-2024, 09:48 PM

Terriamn - Thank you for the wonderful hummingbird block. All your blocks are great but I'm biased.

Annaquilts - That applique is amazing! Thank you very much!
Old 08-30-2024, 03:37 AM

Good morning! It's the beginning of Apple Festival weekend here. We'll go walk around town after DH's annual physical this morning. It's going to be a hot one so better to do it early. Apple cider donuts! Woo hoo!

The blocks are terrific. I love your block for Ibex, Cheesehead. I think it's terrific exactly as is. Hav, as always, your pp'ing is beautiful.

Hope you all are looking forward to a fun long weekend. Is anyone doing anything special? We're going to have the grands on Monday here at the house. I hope the weather is nice for a swim. Other than that, I plan to piece some more blocks and straighten up the sewing room that is swiftly becoming a catastrophe.

Enjoy your day! (Gallery is updated to this point.)

Old 08-30-2024, 04:12 AM

No special travels or holiday events for me, but I have dedicated this long weekend to my quilting projects, so I can get caught up after my slump this summer. Today is working on my quilting group's sew-a-long for the Lori Holt Scrappiness is Happiness quilt. I got behind and now it is time to catch up! Three blocks to get me closer to breaking even. Also a short trip to the fabric shop to find more background for this quilt. Does that count as traveling? Sometimes using stash can be a problem. Not quite enough of creamy background.

My quilt group is having a "work day" tomorrow. When looking for a next project, I rediscovered two UFO tops that were finished and even had backing ready to be prepped. So I will be layering three quilts at our work day We have large tables that make layering so much easier than any space I have at home and friends who help. Of course I will take a selection of Boom block "kits" to choose from. Planing to quilt one sandwich and make Booms on Sunday and Monday. With that list of projects who has time to travel. Oh, ya, I have corn to freeze. Tee-Hee-Hee. Time to get off the computer and get going.

Enjoying all of the beauties y'all are producing.