Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 08-31-2024, 01:38 PM

Be safe TG.

Cheesehead another beauty for WMUT
Old 08-31-2024, 04:54 PM

Thank you, Cheese, for the amazing block! I love the swirling WoW fabric. I kitted up one block for the Boom to create today and will do more tomorrow afternoon so I can dive in at a moments notice.

I went to my quilt work day and layered two quilts, cut down a pile of 3" blocks to 2.5" blocks.Then home where I stumbled into bed for a nap. Love my PT who told me is was OK to be tired and to need a nap now and again. The perfect afternoon... for me.. today. Now off to make some progress on planning those boom blocks.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 08-31-2024 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2024, 06:55 PM

I wish I could nap more, WMUTeach! Glad you were able to get one today!

I got one block made today for Janice. I had a little trouble with it measuring 12.5" unfortunately, so I added a small strip on the bottom. Hopefully it will still work for you, Janice? I feel like I've lost my touch, or maybe I'm being interrupted too much while sewing!
Attached Thumbnails img_20240831_161255825%7E2.jpg  
Old 08-31-2024, 09:36 PM
Power Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by NZquilter

I got one block made today for Janice. I had a little trouble with it measuring 12.5" unfortunately, so I added a small strip on the bottom. Hopefully it will still work for you, Janice? I feel like I've lost my touch, or maybe I'm being interrupted too much while sewing!

Very cute block NZQuilter. I really like this pattern.
Old 09-01-2024, 01:37 AM

NZQ, great block! Love the stars! Thank you so much. I'm sure the block will work just fine. I'm surprised to see the colors you chose working so well. Marvelous!

Originally Posted by NZquilter

WMUTeach, I now take a nap almost every day. I get up early, usually 5'ish and go for my walk at dawn. By mid-afternoon I'm bushed! LOL I find it both necessary and a great pleasure.

I'm about half done. Now I wish I had sent two sets...maybe next time.

Turns out that we aren't going to be adopting Paisley. The owners are going to keep her. That's the best scenario for the pup. We're going to start seriously looking for a dog in November. Our schedules are too busy until then with a couple of trips planned. It wouldn't be right to bring home a dog only to dump her in a kennel right away. Soon, though, soon. I'm getting anxious to find a new canine love.

(Blocks pulled to here)

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-01-2024 at 01:51 AM.
Old 09-01-2024, 03:25 AM

Beautiful block, NZ!

Janice, I too wish I had signed up for two groups. This time around there were just too many things going on in our lives. Tuesday, DH will have another Moh's procedure for skin cancer on his face. He had the same thing last year where they created a flap requiring sutures across half of his face, he looked like Frankenstein! We are hoping they caught this early and it won't be quite as invasive.

Cheese
Old 09-01-2024, 05:51 AM

Maybe next time, eh Cheese??? I had no idea these blocks would go so smoothly. Besides, I’ve got more free time right now.

Hope the surgery for DH goes well and the surgeon has their best day. I’ve had two MOHS procedures. One left a tiny insignificant scar and the other, much more involved, was near the corner of my eye to my hairline and down to my ear. I was worried it would be very noticeable but the surgeon practiced his art (and I do believe it’s an art) so that much of it blended with my hairline. It’s a fine white line now. I loved my surgeon and I’m very content with the scar.
Originally Posted by Cheesehead
Beautiful block, NZ!

Janice, I too wish I had signed up for two groups. This time around there were just too many things going on in our lives. Tuesday, DH will have another Moh's procedure for skin cancer on his face. He had the same thing last year where they created a flap requiring sutures across half of his face, he looked like Frankenstein! We are hoping they caught this early and it won't be quite as invasive.

Cheese
Old 09-01-2024, 06:02 AM

NZ love your star block.

Cheesehead hope hubby’s procedure goes well. I had Moh’s procedure also on my nose, have a super tiny scar.

Janice best of luck when you start looking for your new baby. I sure miss not having any pets
Old 09-01-2024, 06:54 AM

Here’s my block for WMUTeach. I like be your fabric. Hope this works for you!
Attached Thumbnails img_6250.jpeg  
Old 09-01-2024, 08:19 AM

NZ -- if you had not have said that it was added, I would have thought it was part of the pattern. That is a beautiful starry block!

Cheesehead -- I sure hope this next round of surgery goes as you and DH want it to go. God bless our talented surgeons!

WMUTeach -- nap away. Your body has to heal before you can get back to normal.

How goes the sale Sewbizgirl? I hope all the treasures you found for folks to satisfy their collection needs got swiped up quickly. You do have a good eye for what is precious!