Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 09-01-2024, 09:28 AM

Here is one for WMUTeach.
Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1725211703399.jpg  
Old 09-01-2024, 10:47 AM

Wow Hav4, beautiful block for WMUTeach!
Old 09-01-2024, 11:21 AM

My goodness, Hav! All those HST's! Great block.

Originally Posted by hav4boys
Old 09-01-2024, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
paper pieced them in rows.
Old 09-01-2024, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

Hi Everybody,

Originally Posted by ibex94
How goes the sale Sewbizgirl? I hope all the treasures you found for folks to satisfy their collection needs got swiped up quickly. You do have a good eye for what is precious!
Thanks for that vote of confidence, Ibex! The sale was slower than last year but I have sold a goodly amount already. The nice thing is that it's set up in an inside sale room in the store, so all of it can sit right there until it sells. I don't have to pack anything back home.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead
Tuesday, DH will have another Moh's procedure for skin cancer on his face. He had the same thing last year where they created a flap requiring sutures across half of his face, he looked like Frankenstein! We are hoping they caught this early and it won't be quite as invasive.
Cheese
Oh dear, keeping you both in my prayers. Hope all goes well. Let us know.

Turns out that we aren't going to be adopting Paisley. The owners are going to keep her. That's the best scenario for the pup. We're going to start seriously looking for a dog in November. Our schedules are too busy until then with a couple of trips planned. It wouldn't be right to bring home a dog only to dump her in a kennel right away. Soon, though, soon. I'm getting anxious to find a new canine love.
There's a doggie out there waiting for you, Janice!

Originally Posted by NZquilter
I wish I could nap more, WMUTeach! Glad you were able to get one today!
I got one block made today for Janice. I had a little trouble with it measuring 12.5" unfortunately, so I added a small strip on the bottom. Hopefully it will still work for you, Janice? I feel like I've lost my touch, or maybe I'm being interrupted too much while sewing!
I love that block, NZ! So cool. Looks perfect from where I'm sitting.

Originally Posted by hav4boys
WOW, what a block! That is spectacular, like an explosion of hsts.

Love all the blocks, ladies!
Old 09-01-2024, 03:42 PM

Amazing block, Hav4boys! I saw your paper pieced. Gorgeous.
Back at ya' Have. I have been busy this afternoon. Finished the star block and there was so much left over I just had to make a second block. Use it or not. Since you were making a couch cover, I was guessing an extra might be OK.

Time for supper while I watch and listen to a bit of opera. AARP does presentations now and again and it stretches me although I so miss the subtitles that you get in a live performance. The music is lovely although I am missing some of the story for sure. I will clean up my weekend sewing mess while enjoying the tunes, I think it is in Italian.

Woops almost forgot the attachments!
Attached Thumbnails 2024-09-01-have4boys.jpg   2024-09-01-have4boys-extra.jpg  
Old 09-01-2024, 04:18 PM

I missed your post Janice McC. Terrific star block, I may have to keep this for myself and not donate it or give it away. It is like looking at a treasure chest of beautiful gems when take a gander at the all of the postings of blocks. Such a skilled and clever group of quilters.

Several of you have commented about my napping. Over the years I have discovered that I have a natural "down time about 1:30 every afternoon and then I perk back up about 3:00. A bit of a problem when teaching elementary school. I had to plan more active learning in the afternoon. No quiet reading time. Z-z-z-z-z-z-z. Once in a preschool class I was reading to the kiddos and all of a sudden I could not hear my voice and everyone was just starring at me. Yup I did a momentary doze. Woops! When in my office at the university, I would take a walk for about 30 minutes and get revived. Now I have to be involved with something that challenges me or that catches my curiosity. Boom Blocks?

Last edited by WMUTeach; 09-01-2024 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-01-2024, 04:23 PM

Hahahahaaa love that elevator block! Just hilarious! I’ve been a busy bee, I found a great block by Sherri McConnell, that isn’t so hard and was the inspiration for MjpEncitas’s block using the Sherri and Chelsi fabric collection Sincerely Yours (love that collection). I enjoyed making it so much I made it for myself, then for a few others. I then tackled the Soaring Stars block by Christina West. I almost never press open, this one was so bias-ey that it was the best option. I absolutely love this for a 2 color quilt. I might make another, it just takes a long time to cut the pieces the right direction & color. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails img_0933.jpeg   img_0932.jpeg   img_0931.jpeg   img_0930.jpeg   img_0929.jpeg  

Old 09-01-2024, 04:23 PM

Last one for MJP Encinitas. Hugs all!
Attached Thumbnails img_0928.jpeg  
Old 09-01-2024, 04:55 PM

Here are two more, the last ones for tonight. First is Ibex’s and the other is a Wyoming Beauty for SBG. I enjoyed making both of these.

Have a lovely evening.
Attached Thumbnails img_6259.jpeg   img_6260.jpeg