Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 08-12-2024, 11:34 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by hav4boys
I am really bummed. I got my fat 1/8th I ordered and love the color scheme but did not realize they all have animals on them. Just going to go with them. Packaging my baggies now and will take to post office today. Hopefully the delivery goes better than the birthday candies swap.

I have decided against my Grow fabric because I am nutty about direction so in to my sewing room I go to find a fabric. Wish me luck!
It will be an adventure have4boys.
Old 08-12-2024, 12:11 PM

The first package is in with another on the way. That makes it more real to me.

The grands just left after 7 hours. I’m beat! We did a lot though and we all had a great time.
Old 08-12-2024, 12:30 PM

Heading out to take my fabric to the post office.
Here is what I went with:

#1 Tula Pink Animal Fabric - Please use the little complimentary fabric in the block with the focus fabric and please only use White or WOW with the fabric. The fabric is so busy and I want it to be the focus of the block.

#2 Red with White Stars Request: Navy (solid, tone-on-tone, very small print that reads navy, and white or WOW with this red star fabric. I am going to be making a quilted couch cover with all the blocks and the 20 more I will have to make.
Attached Thumbnails fabric-1-boom-32.jpg   fabric-2-boom-32.jpg  
Old 08-12-2024, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead
I can't wait for the Boom to begin, here is my first block.
I will be asking for any of the colors in the fabric with a bright white tone on tone or solid white.
Gorgeous block!
Old 08-12-2024, 01:58 PM

Sewbiz Ourworkbench explained it exactly. We figured the squirrels would figure it out but our squirrels must not be the brightest bulb on the tree as they gave up.

Went for a walk in the campground. Once again I am the only one here other then the campground host in the entry to the grounds. Pretty funny as I managed to get lost. Have to admit the ole heart was racing for a bit till I settled down. Good grief, was mighty happy when I spotted my car..

Old 08-12-2024, 02:00 PM
Power Poster

Smile Here is my first block and the fabric I will be sending.

Here is my first block and the fabric I will be sending.

I hope my quilting friends in the swap can help me make, pieced, Farm Girl Vintage style blocks.

I am sending Moda Bella Gray to be used for the background instead of the white.

This is for my daughter that works with and loves goat.

Thank you for your help. Anna
Attached Thumbnails 20240812_121541-large-.jpg   20240812_121233-large-.jpg  
Old 08-12-2024, 02:02 PM

Quick pic Sewbiz
Attached Thumbnails img_0265.jpeg  
Old 08-12-2024, 02:03 PM
Power Poster

That is a gorgeous star Cheesehead. It looks like most of us are starting our own blocks already. I am excited to see them.
Old 08-13-2024, 04:55 AM

Good morning, Boomers, I mean Squirrels! Hope you’re having a nice morning.

Several packages are on their way. I need to get my spare room set up to start sorting them.

Cheese, love your colorful block. Terriamn, I’ve seen the slinky setup on the net before but it’s good to know it really works. Annaquilts, fun truck block.

A long note about fabric size…10.5x18 is the size that we have been using for years. Before that, it was 11x18 but many people remarked that they couldn’t get four 11 inch cuts across an 18 WOF due to selvages and shrinkage from pre-washing. I found that unless I “enforced” the minimum size, fabrics were cut smaller and smaller. I also heard from swappers unhappy with a f8 of the 9x22 inch size. Although it is also a fat eighth, it is limiting to those who wish to use larger pieces in their blocks. Therefore, based on years of comments and my own experience, that if I didn’t enforce a minimum size, people literally and figuratively cut corners on the fabric they sent, often including unusable selvages. This round I’ve seen mention of smaller pieces than the required size and I know that some fabric already on its way is 9x22. Now I’ve got to decide whether to make exceptions this round. I hate having to disappoint a swapper but a thorough reading of the fabric requirements would have made this all unnecessary.

Please, please, please, read the rules! And thank you to everyone who already has!!!

Old 08-13-2024, 07:45 AM

Good morning,

Third time is a charm! Here is the fabric that will replace the Tula Pink fabric. I ordered F8 (I have never ordered precuts for my use) of the Tula Pink and they were 9x22. Since I am self-taught, never knew a F8 was not 10.5x18 because I have only ever heard the term here. So, I am replacing the fabric with this flowered fabric. I was just handed to my mail lady.

With this fabric, I would like the pinks and greens in the fabric as well as white/WOW. Please use solids, tone-on-tones, or very small print that read these colors. Please no other colors in the block.
Attached Thumbnails fabric-1-boom-32-rep.jpg