Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 09-01-2024, 05:02 PM

Love seeing the daily dose of block's!

No sewing for me today. I woke up running, cleaning the kitchen and mopping the floor, baking my daughter Bridget's Birthday cake, running laundry and a thousand other things! Bridget turned 7 today!!! I remember the day she was born like yesterday! She has always truly been a sunshine in our lives!
Old 09-01-2024, 05:04 PM

Boy, oh, boy! Some days are crazy busy like that. Happy Birthday to Bridget!
Originally Posted by NZquilter
Love seeing the daily dose of block's!

No sewing for me today. I woke up running, cleaning the kitchen and mopping the floor, baking my daughter Bridget's Birthday cake, running laundry and a thousand other things! Bridget turned 7 today!!! I remember the day she was born like yesterday! She has always truly been a sunshine in our lives!
Old 09-01-2024, 06:05 PM

My last one for tonight, crossed canoes for WMY Teach, hugs!
Attached Thumbnails img_0934.jpeg  
Old 09-01-2024, 08:29 PM
Power Poster

Janice, I LOVE my block! Thank you! And thanks for the wonderful gallery.

Reba, all of your blocks are terrific, but that one you made for Janice is really special! Never seen it before. So cool.

WMUT, great red, white and blue blocks!
Old 09-01-2024, 08:31 PM
Power Poster

I love the crossed canoes block. So striking when well made.
Old 09-01-2024, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
Amazing block, Hav4boys! I saw your paper pieced. Gorgeous.
Back at ya' Have. I have been busy this afternoon. Finished the star block and there was so much left over I just had to make a second block. Use it or not. Since you were making a couch cover, I was guessing an extra might be OK.

Time for supper while I watch and listen to a bit of opera. AARP does presentations now and again and it stretches me although I so miss the subtitles that you get in a live performance. The music is lovely although I am missing some of the story for sure. I will clean up my weekend sewing mess while enjoying the tunes, I think it is in Italian.

Woops almost forgot the attachments!
Love the blocks!! I will need a bunch and appreciate your blocks. They are perfect!

Old 09-02-2024, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by hav4boys
Here is another for Cheesehead. This is gorgeous fabric.
Beautiful block, I love this fabric

Originally Posted by Cheesehead
This block is for Ibex, I am thinking that the border is too busy for this block and am considering swapping it out for the purple...any thoughts?
Halloween is my favorite time to decorate, I love this block.

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Good morning, again.

Here’s my block for MJPEncinitas. Hope you like it!

edited: I just updated my design wall and just love all the colors. This is usually how I decide what to work on next and I can easily pull colors to audition. So cheery this morning!!!
Great block. I wish I had room for a design wall.

Here is one for SBG. Made it with the two fabrics... I had to go traditional.
This is my favorite block. Sometimes simple is the way to showcase a piece of fabric

Originally Posted by terriamn
Very interesting on the walking sticks MJP, hubby bought me a pair after my last major fall but u had a hard time coordinating them with my steps. Maybe I should try them again.

Janice love your idea on placing the fabrics on your design wall. I shake out about half the fabrics and place them next to the cutting table. I can look at them that way and think about coordinating fabrics. Like your idea better

I have to baby my shoulder and arm so very little sewing is allowed. Bah humbug.

Told hubby we might as well head to the lake if I can’t sew, he was thrilled. We will be here the next 4 days. Hopefully that will be all the time my shoulder needs to heal. Tomorrow we have 39 campers participating in our second annual cocktail and appetizer progressive walk. We have at least 2 couples per stop and the cocktails shouldn’t be over 4 oz. Our foursome is serving margaritas and walking tacos. Another couple is making slushy tropical snow cones and chicken wings. Last year was a blast, hoping this year is just as successful. It is a great way to meet up with campers that aren’t your usual group of friends

Reba this block is for you. I was pretty impressed with myself as I prefer to work from patterns and not just winging it. Looked up elevators in different coloring programs and came up with this
Love the elevator block, great Idea

Here is one for NZ.
Beautiful block

This block is for LStew.
I love this block, so pretty, Thank you

I ordered the Farm Girl Vintage 2 book. This book has the best directions and pictures I have ever seen for piecing. Anna said she'll embroidery the chick's leds and black dot eye. This was so fun to make.
Great block with a goat and chick, So cute

Here's one for me.
I have this fabric laid out for the next block I will create. great block

Great blocks being posted, so much variety this Boom!
This block is for WMUTeach.
great block.

Originally Posted by NZquilter
I wish I could nap more, WMUTeach! Glad you were able to get one today!

I got one block made today for Janice. I had a little trouble with it measuring 12.5" unfortunately, so I added a small strip on the bottom. Hopefully it will still work for you, Janice? I feel like I've lost my touch, or maybe I'm being interrupted too much while sewing!
Pretty colors in this block. I like it.

Here’s my block for WMUTeach. I like be your fabric. Hope this works for you!
Beautiful block. This quilt will be stunning,

Beautiful block, NZ! Wow, This looks fabulous.

Janice, I too wish I had signed up for two groups. This time around there were just too many things going on in our lives. Tuesday, DH will have another Moh's procedure for skin cancer on his face. He had the same thing last year where they created a flap requiring sutures across half of his face, he looked like Frankenstein! We are hoping they caught this early and it won't be quite as invasive.

Cheese
good luck to hubby on his procedure. wishing him the best.

Here is one for WMUTeach.
beautiful block

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
Amazing block, Hav4boys! I saw your paper pieced. Gorgeous.
Back at ya' Have. I have been busy this afternoon. Finished the star block and there was so much left over I just had to make a second block. Use it or not. Since you were making a couch cover, I was guessing an extra might be OK.

Time for supper while I watch and listen to a bit of opera. AARP does presentations now and again and it stretches me although I so miss the subtitles that you get in a live performance. The music is lovely although I am missing some of the story for sure. I will clean up my weekend sewing mess while enjoying the tunes, I think it is in Italian.

Woops almost forgot the attachments!
Beautiful blocks

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts
Hahahahaaa love that elevator block! Just hilarious! I’ve been a busy bee, I found a great block by Sherri McConnell, that isn’t so hard and was the inspiration for MjpEncitas’s block using the Sherri and Chelsi fabric collection Sincerely Yours (love that collection). I enjoyed making it so much I made it for myself, then for a few others. I then tackled the Soaring Stars block by Christina West. I almost never press open, this one was so bias-ey that it was the best option. I absolutely love this for a 2 color quilt. I might make another, it just takes a long time to cut the pieces the right direction & color. Enjoy!
great blocks, I love mine, thank you.

Here are two more, the last ones for tonight. First is Ibex’s and the other is a Wyoming Beauty for SBG. I enjoyed making both of these.

Have a lovely evening.
These are terrific blocks really pretty

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts
My last one for tonight, crossed canoes for WMY Teach, hugs!
I love the crossed canoes, beautiful block.
Old 09-02-2024, 02:02 AM

We left on Friday to stay at Camp but had to come home Sunday as my husband had a bad case of Vertigo. Really makes him Sick. Got home late Sunday evening, with unpacking done, I plan on using Monday to get some blocks finished.
Old 09-02-2024, 02:31 AM

Good morning. Just waiting until it's lighter to walk. Pulled all the blocks to date to add to the gallery. It's always an enjoyable way to start the day. Thank you, Reba, for my block. I've never seen this one before.

Lstew, sorry to hear about DH's vertigo. Have you heard about the Epley Maneuver? My son, a PT, got severe vertigo out of the blue and was able to resolve it over a week or so doing the maneuver. Hope DH recovers quickly.
Originally Posted by Lstew2212
We left on Friday to stay at Camp but had to come home Sunday as my husband had a bad case of Vertigo. Really makes him Sick. Got home late Sunday evening, with unpacking done, I plan on using Monday to get some blocks finished.
SBG, thanks for the nice comment. Yesterday would have been Ripley's 13th birthday so I wasn't in the greatest mood. DH did say, however, maybe we should look for a bonded pair of pups! Whoa! What a leap that was. I know we want to find one who needs a home but now my head is spinning at the thought of bringing home 2! Don't know that that will happen but apparently he's given it some thought. Good grief! (Smiling at the thought!)

Have a pleasant day. Happy Labor Day. BBQ's anyone?
Old 09-02-2024, 03:42 AM

Well, I cleaned up the sewing space last night and put away all the block "parts". Today is dedicated to quilting a piece I started a couple of weeks ago and has been bumping about in my head mostly demanding to be finished. So today is breakfast, going to try a morning walk rather than evening, then settle down in front of the machine for some crosshatching. Time to clear my mind and "To Do List" of one project. I thrive on "it's finished!" and "get'r done" moments. It just feels so satisfying to lift the quilt from under the needle knowing the only step left is the binding.

The crossed canoes block is fantastic. Thank you, thank you, thank you!