Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 09-03-2024, 12:25 PM

Good afternoon Boomers, todays block is for Hav4.
Attached Thumbnails img_0643.jpg  
Old 09-03-2024, 03:30 PM

Beautiful, Cheeshead!
Old 09-03-2024, 03:33 PM

TravelingGramma -- it sounds like you are having a great time! You are one of the best advocates for RV life! My niece and her husband love their RV, too. They are on a trek to hit all the national parks. Working remotely has its benefits!
Old 09-03-2024, 03:43 PM

Good evening. Here’s a block for Rebaquilts. This one has been kicking me around for hours! Now I remember why I seldom piece blocks on the diagonal. Sheesh. In any case, I like the way it (finally) turned out. Hope you like it, Reba.
Attached Thumbnails img_6272.jpeg  
Old 09-03-2024, 04:16 PM

TG have a great time visiting with family while you enjoy being on the road.

A real beauty Cheesehead

Janice I am not a fan of piecing on the diagonal either. Don’t know if my brain just doesn’t understand the angles or what the heck

Made 3 blocks today first for Ibex, another fun Halloween block and 2 for NZquilter. Sorry the third one is super simple but I was just plain running out of idea. Took me most of the day to make them as I would cut then take a break, sew and press and take a break. Was successful as 3 blocks were made and my arm back and neck are no worse. That is a big plus
Attached Thumbnails img_3851.jpeg   img_3849.jpeg   img_3850.jpeg  
Old 09-03-2024, 04:38 PM

Terri great blocks, glad you didn't undo what your chiropractor fixed for you.
Janice, I haven't made many blocks on the diagonal, they can be a bit tricky for me. Yours turned out real pretty.
TG, would love to travel in a motorhome!

DH had his procedure today and all went well. Now we need to think about when we will leave for Alabama. Usually we leave on Labor Day weekend and would have arrived yesterday. We will only remain there for a month before we have to return to Wisconsin for a family wedding, ugh.
Old 09-03-2024, 05:22 PM

Thank you for my blocks, Terri! The simple block make the picture scenes standout.
TG, you really get around! So nice that you have family to visit along the way!

My local library is doing a Fall Reading Challenge and I thought it would be fun to try the challenge. There are 8 prompts for 8 categories of books, for example: read a book with the word "Leap" in the title, and read a book from a genre you generally avoid. I do listen to a lot of audio books during the day, plus I have a couple hours total a day of feeding the baby where I have to sit!
Old 09-03-2024, 05:38 PM

NZ what a great challenge, love the idea. Going to check and see if there is something like that around here.
Old 09-03-2024, 05:49 PM

No sewing today. It was "car shopping day". My faithful Ford Fusion has reached the end of its life and needs to be put out to pasture. Nearly 12 good years of carefree driving. I think tomorrow is car buying day and a visit with my orthopedic for a post op review of my new hip. Looks like Thursday will be my next Squirrel Boom Block day. Four waiting to cut and stitch. That should be a good day's effort.

NZ, I remember those long, peaceful feeding times. When my son was a wee little one, I read James Michener's "Chesapeake" and fell in love with crab, tide water marshes and geese. Your comment brought back such sweet memories of babe in arms with a book balanced on my knee or on a pillow near by. What a fun library challenge! Now that is a book group I could get involved with.

TG, you must sleep like a kitten with all of that travel and activity.

Beautiful and fun blocks everyone.
Old 09-03-2024, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter
Wow, your TBBT block looks perfect, Hav!!! How did you find font applique that looks just like the show's?
Printed the logo on printer paper, used a light box and traced it reverse on steam a seam2, then ironed on my fabric and cut it out.

Last edited by hav4boys; 09-03-2024 at 07:05 PM.