Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 09-03-2024, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead
Good afternoon Boomers, todays block is for Hav4.
Gorgeous block Cheese. Thank you!
Old 09-03-2024, 07:02 PM
Power Poster

The blocks are beautiful again today, ladies! So much fun to see them.

Cheese, very glad to hear your husband's procedure went well and he's ok. Thanks for the update.
Old 09-03-2024, 09:35 PM
Power Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Good evening. Here’s a block for Rebaquilts. This one has been kicking me around for hours! Now I remember why I seldom piece blocks on the diagonal. Sheesh. In any case, I like the way it (finally) turned out. Hope you like it, Reba.

Stunning block Janice.
Old 09-03-2024, 09:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn
TG have a great time visiting with family while you enjoy being on the road.

A real beauty Cheesehead

Janice I am not a fan of piecing on the diagonal either. Don’t know if my brain just doesn’t understand the angles or what the heck

Made 3 blocks today first for Ibex, another fun Halloween block and 2 for NZquilter. Sorry the third one is super simple but I was just plain running out of idea. Took me most of the day to make them as I would cut then take a break, sew and press and take a break. Was successful as 3 blocks were made and my arm back and neck are no worse. That is a big plus
Cute Halloween block for Ibex and I love the 2 blocks for NZ quilter.
Old 09-04-2024, 01:04 AM

Good morning! It’s a beautiful, cool morning. All the windows are thrown open. Autumn is coming.

WMUTeach, I remember Chesapeake by Michener well. I think I’ve read all of his books. So visually descriptive. The bit when the crab was molting has always stuck with me. Time to reread it.

NZQ, those days feeding the children were so long ago for me. lol. I remember most rocking my eldest son to sleep with Tina Turner on the stereo. He loved her singing! Every time I hear one of those old songs, my heart swells.

Terriamn, love your beautiful blocks for NZQ and Ibex. Don’t forget to stretch.

My knee gave me fits yesterday so I’ve got to head to the doc soon to have it looked at. It’s much worse again. That means no more long walks until it resolves. Very frustrating.

Have a fine day, everyone!

(blocks pulled)

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-04-2024 at 01:10 AM.
Old 09-04-2024, 01:30 AM

Default Completed Boom Quilts

Does anyone have any completed Boom Quilts they want me to add to the Gallery? I haven't been keeping an eye out for them the way I should so feel free to repost if they haven't been added. The latest is AnnaQuilts' Boom 27 quilt. It's a beauty. Check it out on the Completed Quilts page.2.
Old 09-04-2024, 03:14 AM

Here is one for NZ. Could not sleep so I made a block. Now that I am well into my second package... I am a bit sad. I do not want to finish. I love to make blocks for others. Glad I will be making a bunch of goats for AnnaQuilts.
Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1725448182093.jpg  
Old 09-04-2024, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts
Thanks Hav! Here is horsey from farm girl vintage 2 for Annaquilts. Hugs!
Love the horse, especially the quilt on his back. so cute

Hi TG, here’s a block for you. Hope you like it.
great racecar block. I'm having a hard time with this fabric. I know what I want to do, it's just a matter of putting it down on the fabric.

Originally Posted by NZquilter
I got two made up today. One for Sewbiz and one for Reba. Hopefully you like them!
These are beautiful blocks, great work.

Here is the second farm girl vintage 2 block for Annaquilts, the apron. Hugs!
Such a cute apron. I love this one.

Terriamn, hahaha, yes it was between the scarecrow, cow or apron in the vintage farmgirl 2 book, beat you to the punch LOL. Here is one for Cheesehead, I’m playing around with my new-to-me accuquilt cleopatra’s fan block. Picked it up on clearance at the accuquilt booth in Grand Rapids. Holy cow this is sooo convenient, pieces cut in a jiffy and it sewed together so fast. I might make one for terriamn out of the blue fabric. Just love this die & machine. Hugs all!
I love the cleopatra's fan, This is a cool block. It would look good with my fabric too, Hint Hint. lol

Originally Posted by terriamn
My one block for today Sewbiz, hope you like it

The cleopatra’s fan is really pretty Reba
Beautiful block

Last one for the night another Cleopatra’s fan , this one is for Terrianm, the background is a light blue. Hugs all!
This is a cool block. I love it. I might have to buy this die.

Originally Posted by hav4boys
Here is one for Reba. Decided you needed the Logo. Not sure why the picture looks distorted, the block is a perfect 12.5 x 12.5.
Great Logo. you are right, the quilt needed this.

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
You all are killing me with these blocks.
The farmers and tbbt especially- we all think alike!
And the new patterns nzquilter and Reba are so beautiful.
We left NH yesterday morning and met up with Grandaughter at her college for lunch and tour. May I say “it ain’t what it used to be” . The food choices alone would have done me in. And I for one do not like coed dorms. But was great to spend time with her.
Then two hours away in MA we got to campground and our grandson picked us up with his new-to-him car (with payment book!!) great visit
Today we took ferry to LI and are camping at my cousin. He owns a wholesale greenhouse and has set up an RV spot for our visits. Tonight is Italian night.
Tomorrow my brother and I will take our swim in ocean. I never know when will be our last time do grab it when we can.
Until another time - enjoy
Have a fun and safe trip.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead
Good afternoon Boomers, todays block is for Hav4.
Great block.

Good evening. Here’s a block for Rebaquilts. This one has been kicking me around for hours! Now I remember why I seldom piece blocks on the diagonal. Sheesh. In any case, I like the way it (finally) turned out. Hope you like it, Reba.
I never sew on the diagonal with someone else's fabric, It will always come out wrong. You did a great job with it.

Originally Posted by NZquilter
Thank you for my blocks, Terri! The simple block make the picture scenes standout.
TG, you really get around! So nice that you have family to visit along the way!

My local library is doing a Fall Reading Challenge and I thought it would be fun to try the challenge. There are 8 prompts for 8 categories of books, for example: read a book with the word "Leap" in the title, and read a book from a genre you generally avoid. I do listen to a lot of audio books during the day, plus I have a couple hours total a day of feeding the baby where I have to sit!
I always join the summer reading club at my library, it is similar to what you describe. I have three books on reserve right now waiting for the library to call me to pick up.

I have made 4 blocks since Sunday. I have to check the size of the photos before I post them here. I usually have to shrink them down before posting on the site.

Janice, I think I have some photos of completed quilts from the past Boom's. I will find them and get them posted for you to add to the Gallery.
Old 09-04-2024, 03:33 AM

Hav, that’s how I feel. I’ve completed 15 blocks and the remaining 4 are on the design wall and 2 of those are cut out. Wish I had opted for the second set as I’m sad this is coming to an end for me. Oh, well, maybe next Boom. Heaven knows I’ve got enough Boom blocks and unquilted tops to keep me busy for months.
Old 09-04-2024, 04:50 AM

Rocking a baby to Tina Turner reminded me of one of my daughters at about 15 months of age sitting in her highchair swaying back and forth, side to side in rhythm to Stevie Wonder singing Sir Duke. Not a record we had in the house but she heard it on TV and started movei'in and groov'in. I knew I had at least one musician in the family and as it turned out she is the most artistic one, played oboe through college and play mallets instruments in jazz band, painted, photographer, clay and on and on. All three kiddos played instruments, but #2 excelled and still to this day is moved by music much more than the others. "Memories, all alone in the moonlight...." She is not the only one who is moved by music. Tee-hee-hee!!

Have4.... you stole my idea for NZ's block. Now I have to think it out again. Love it!