Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 09-05-2024, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
Two more from today's efforts for my squirrel friends. Yes, square and yes pressed. I think I need to find a better surface for photos, My counter makes the blocks look like they have lots of threads hanging off them. Tee-Hee

lstew and Rebaquilts
Love my block, thank you. It is perfect.

I am loving everybody's blocks. I go to the photo gallery daily to oooh and aaah over the pretty work.

Janice, sorry to hear about your knee. wishing for a speedy recovery.

Terri, wishing for good news from the surgeon. fingers crossed. Love the spaceship block for the TBBT quilt.

Old 09-05-2024, 03:57 PM

Terriamn, the rocket is a great idea! lol. Poor astronaut Howard! At least he isn’t stuck in the ISS for months on end like the poor astronauts stuck up there now.

Cheesehead, thanks! I don’t know for sure yet but the doc moved my knee into various positions and apparently I reacted like someone with a tear rather than my arthritis. We’ll see.

I received Annaquilts’ blocks today. As she said early, she’s going to be away for many weeks so she hurried to get them done. As for everyone else, please do not send me any blocks for at least a month or until I give you the go ahead. I’m going to be doing a bit of traveling so I don’t want blocks sitting at the post office.

Hope everyone has a pleasant evening.

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-05-2024 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2024, 06:16 PM

One more for Terriamn, Lstew, yours is next :-) I love my blocks, poor Howard “Fruit Loops” Wolowitz LOL the rocket is hysterical. Hugs all!
Attached Thumbnails img_0951.jpeg  
Old 09-05-2024, 07:12 PM
Power Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by Janice McC

I received Annaquilts’ blocks today. As she said early, she’s going to be away for many weeks
Thank you for accommodating me. I really appreciate it. Enjoy your trip!
Old 09-06-2024, 01:45 AM

Here is one for WMU Teach. I love how this turned out, I think MJPEncinatas needs a pineapple Hawaiian next :-)- hugs!
Attached Thumbnails img_0952.jpeg  
Old 09-06-2024, 03:15 AM

Reba, this quilt will be a keeper and not a donation. Your block is so lovely. I am starting to dream of how to join all these beauties to make top that will show off the individual blocks. Thank you, Reba
Old 09-06-2024, 03:33 AM

Awwwe thanks! Here is a Hawaiian pineapple block for MJPEncinitas, now like Anna I’ll be doing the machine appliqué. I was inspired by the fabric itself. Such pretty pineapples. Hugs!
Attached Thumbnails img_0954.jpeg  
Old 09-06-2024, 05:03 AM

Good morning. I've been straightening up the sewing room and now I'm mindlessly sewing scraps together for a future project. No walking until tomorrow when I can test out my knee just a bit. Too bad that I have to hope it's a tear and needs surgery. That way it can be fixed. The alternative is to have to live with the pain. Bummer.

Enjoy your day.

(Blocks pulled)
Old 09-06-2024, 05:14 AM

Reba fantastic Hawaiian blocks and my Cleopatra block is a real beauty . Love the bright colors

Today is a rather sad day for us heading to the lake to get ready to take our dock and boat out of the water. The sign of the end of the summer for us. Hubby will do his thing today getting everything ready to be pull out then tomorrow the men will get together to pull some of the lifts and docks out. Since we are all on a hill it makes things more interesting. I think only a few of the 10 households are going to have their equipment pulled out this weekend. It gets pretty chaotic at times. Afterwards we get together for a potluck and usually sit around a fire just chatting away.
Old 09-06-2024, 07:57 AM

Terriamn, I love to hear about your get togethers. Sounds like a nice community of friends you have. End of summer is coming Monday for us. We’re closing the pool. It was nice to have it during all that miserably hot weather. Oh, well, Next year!!!
Originally Posted by terriamn
Reba fantastic Hawaiian blocks and my Cleopatra block is a real beauty . Love the bright colors

Today is a rather sad day for us heading to the lake to get ready to take our dock and boat out of the water. The sign of the end of the summer for us. Hubby will do his thing today getting everything ready to be pull out then tomorrow the men will get together to pull some of the lifts and docks out. Since we are all on a hill it makes things more interesting. I think only a few of the 10 households are going to have their equipment pulled out this weekend. It gets pretty chaotic at times. Afterwards we get together for a potluck and usually sit around a fire just chatting away.