Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 09-06-2024, 08:57 AM
Power Poster

Reba your blocks for MJP and Teach are both so beautiful and elegant. Are you designing your own Hawaiian style blocks or using a pattern? Either way well done.
Old 09-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

So many beautiful blocks have popped up since I last posted. Janice and Anna, congrats on finishing. I really love the Hawaiian blocks.

Janice, hoping they can just trim the meniscus where it's torn and let you heal.

Terri, I love hearing about your community of friends too, but I lose track of whether you are talking about Texas or MN. Nice to have friends in two places!

Going to look through the gallery....
Old 09-06-2024, 10:01 AM

Sbg, until yesterday I couldn’t have told you where on the knee the meniscus is! Now I’ve got a layman’s idea of what the heck is going on and what the potential surgery should look like. IF it’s needed. Hoping a little trim would do it. Always learning something new whether I want to or not. lol.

Had fun making scrappy blocks today. Now I’m going to set up Bunny Love blocks to see what I can do with them. May make a few more. We’ll see.

Old 09-06-2024, 12:02 PM

Well Janice when our friends from here went south to the same little community I was even confused. Yes we are so lucky to have made friends where both of our homes are. I would be so sad closing up a pool for the summer heck as far as that goes if we had a backyard pool nothing would get done. Would be way too busy floating in the pool to do anything else. Sure hope your knee is an easy fix.

Haha I bought a toilet cleaner brush with the head of one of the political parties on it. Sent a picture to one of my girls. She wrote back that she was laughing so hard she could hardly write. Then she said I bet you didn’t send the picture to her sister. Told her not to go there I was getting just about as bad as my Mom was when she despised one of our former presidents. Boy that made her laugh again. She said that was a pretty funny 4 years. Kids
Old 09-06-2024, 12:05 PM

Here’s the corrected Bazinga! block. Much better!
Attached Thumbnails img_6290.jpeg  
Old 09-07-2024, 09:26 AM

Here are a few blocks I have been working on. For Terri, Hav4, and two for All2.
Attached Thumbnails img_0646.jpg   img_0647.jpg   img_0653.jpg   img_0655.jpg  
Old 09-07-2024, 09:30 AM

Janice I have 2 boom quilts that need too be added to the completed booms. Will take a couple pictures tomorrow when we get home

The three sets of docks and lifts were all pulled out by noon and no hitches at all. Always a good deal when that happens

In your state or region do you say things that would sound strange to others. In Minnesota we say 2 goofy things. We go to the Lake and we head North. As if there was only one lake in the state of 10,000 lakes and heading up North where up North? Just funny thoughts
Old 09-07-2024, 11:22 AM

Thanks Annaquilts, yes I used a pattern, but made them up, I used a pattern but made modifications because they didn’t work or look right. Plus I’m not Hawaiian so I can ask forgiveness LOL. Here is LiStew’s Cleopatra fan block. Can I say I’m in love with this $29 die, it’s so amazing and fast. I don’t think this block would be feasible without it, and it is just crazy fast. Hope you like it :-) hugs!
Attached Thumbnails img_0957.jpeg  
Old 09-07-2024, 11:29 AM

Cheesehead, beautiful blocks! Love the hummingbird fabric and your blocks really show it off. Also the blocks for Terriamn and Hav are very pretty. I’ll add them to the gallery shortly.

Terriamn, glad the dock pull went well. Why this reminded me of the following I’m not sure. Maybe the potential of catastrophe or hilarity in both scenarios. When I worked at a boat dealership eons ago, we’d go to the launching ramp and watch the goings on. Invariably, someone would goof up and their car would end up in the drink, or a boat would drift away, or some such thing. You could count on something bizarre happening if you sat long enough. As for funny sayings, we North Carolinians refer the Blue Ridge Parkway as “The Parkway” as if no other road is considered a parkway. And when I was young, NYC was always just known as “The City” and I was from NJ. To this day, if someone mentions “the city” my mind goes to NYC before any other place.

We’re down at the cabin for the day. First time I’ve been here with no pets. We’re going to scatter Cyrano the cat’s ashes beside where some of Mom’s and Sue’s were scattered. He’ll be back with them. I considered scattering Ripley’s cremains here but I cannot part with them. Maybe one day.

I’ve got to get a move on. Lots to do yet.

Have a good day.

Old 09-07-2024, 12:27 PM

Another block from Reba that's a gem. Love the Cleopatra's Fan for Lstew.

(blocks pulled)